It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I like Canadians and I like Americans but then again I like the whole world

It's just how they are purporting it to be from 1 puny insignificant angle that Canadians are over sensitive, Brits warned!

Chortle

Bleeding ell - everyone's "oversensitive" when you touch on 1 tiny thing depending on who you talk to and what they believe.

Just as Ireland, Scotland and Wales are that and not British, they are Welsh, Irish and Scottish and should be left alone to do as they please.

But it does puzzle me about being offended? Even though it would be impossible to get me mixed up with a Scot for example, if someone did I would giggle do a scottish accent and then let them decide just the same if someone said I was Spanish or German or the like I don't see the offence, but thats juz me

What defines a country, some imaginary border and if it's on a land mass you might not even see it unless you go plotting it with co-ordinates yet 2 people on each side of those lines could come together and shake hands and may still dis-like that person because of the imaginary line yet they may live 2 miles apart probably almost speak the same live the same and want the same, but of course our lovely Government says these laws and views are these on those laws and views are those

Regards,

Panda

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I wouldn't eat that... It sounds kinda like road kill stew. My great grandpa use to trap them and got a few stuffed...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Originally posted by tristar
Umm..okay..you have officially caught me off guard, is beaver actually edible and if so, what kind of meat would you compare it to ?

*hugs* thank you!!! You have made my day. You just fell for Canada's favorite joke..

Look up beaver tails on google and you can find out what they are.. I love a warm beaver tail and hot chocolate while skating on the canal. Its so Canadian,

Oh and nothing compares to a beaver tail...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xiamara]

hahah... Nice one , nice move...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

^^ Its a Canadian tradition... Scares the hell out of tourists. If you ever come to canada you have to try one you wont regret it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Umm..okay..you have officially caught me off guard, is beaver actually edible and if so, what kind of meat would you compare it to ?

*hugs* thank you!!! You have made my day. You just fell for Canada's favorite joke..

Look up beaver tails on google and you can find out what they are.. I love a warm beaver tail and hot chocolate while skating on the canal. Its so Canadian,

Oh and nothing compares to a beaver tail...
[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xiamara]

OK, now you're making me feel rather like a savage
Beaver tails are good (the dessert ones), I like the bear paws also ( pastry, mincemeat, raisins, icing) but if I can make the real beaver taste good......

It does sound like a lot of work though, defatting, soaking in brine, but if TSHTF ever, there are lots of them around. I put in a couple of recipe links in my last post

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

^^ Its a Canadian tradition... Scares the hell out of tourists. If you ever come to canada you have to try one you wont regret it.

If and when Canada is on my next trip, ill post something up and perhaps the Canadians who have posted in here could each give me a guided tour, although i am cautious about the beaver tail....

*mental note to tristar : display caution on beaver tail and anything related to its cooking

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
A Cdn dish that comes to mind is grilled wild salmon with a maple syrup glaze...mmmmmm

Now this does sound very tasty, keep in mind i am more of fish eating person. I guess its why i free style scuba hunting when ever i have free time to do so.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluepanda

What defines a country, some imaginary border and if it's on a land mass you might not even see it unless you go plotting it with co-ordinates yet 2 people on each side of those lines could come together and shake hands and may still dis-like that person because of the imaginary line yet they may live 2 miles apart probably almost speak the same live the same and want the same, but of course our lovely Government says these laws and views are these on those laws and views are those

Regards,

Panda

This is exactly what happened with Yugoslavia, different cultures and traditions living side by side and then the next morning one was trying to kill the other one either for religious reasons or simply brain washing induced propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yeah, if you're in the northern areas, make sure of what you're getting. A beaver tail, or a bear claw in the city will be a dessert for sure, but if in the northern, slightly more uncivilized
areas of the country, you want to know in advance what they're planning on feeding you....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Oh yeah I should specify that in some areas beaver tails are not tasty dessert but Fresh meat...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Damn, missed all the beaver talk. I could have had a lot of fun with that.

Edit: I guess I still can:

[edit on 13-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A few years back in airports ,Americans were puting Canadians flags on their luggages.And now ,many travelers around the world do that. It's not about pride of being Canadians only, it's about traveling in peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oversensitive????? I guess were still pissed from when the Brits sold us those defective battleships.

Canadians are basically unarmed Americans with health care. We're basically Satan's next door neighbors.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, if every person in Canada spoke French and French was the more preferred language than English overall in Canada then maybe Canadians wouldn't be mistaken for Americans. A Canadian that speaks English can easily be mistaken for an American (most of the time).

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Well, if every person in Canada spoke French and French was the more preferred language than English overall in Canada then maybe Canadians wouldn't be mistaken for Americans. A Canadian that speaks English can easily be mistaken for an American (most of the time).

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sphinx551]

That's what my little joke with Wow was about. This was settled on the Plains of Abraham. Wolfe(English) defeated Montcalm(French) for the supremacy of what became Canada. I think it was British North America back then.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Okay Intrepid, if and when i will further travel and my road takes me to Canada, i would hope that you show me the local cuisine, although the beaver issue is something that i may need U.N forces to influence me.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I don't know if we have a national dish aside from donuts. Those are everywhere. Poutine? Haven't had a decent one outside of Quebec. I know some excellent Chinese, Greek and Italian places though. Sri Lankan too if you can take the heat.

Edit to add: Or a Whopper. Nothing like a double Whopper with heavy pickle.

Oops. What was this thread about again?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just curious here Intrepid, if i do fly over, you do realize that i will bring a U.K. citizen and an American and demand that you cook a full blown Canadian dish, hows that for pressure

edit: Ooops almost forgot , also an Aussie from down under

2nd edit: From what i have seen " snowspirit " is somewhat a chef with desert beaver ?
. Could this possibly be something in the makings, an international ATS meeting ?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Fish from Nova Scotia it is. I live in Ontario and they don't know fish. You can't beat Atlantic salmon baked(or BBQ'd) with some pepper, lemon and a little butter. My mashed potatoes can't be beat. Veg? Broccoli/cauliflower mix. You're on. I LOVE to cook.

Edit to add: If you like a battered fish, we'll go with Haddock. Cheap in Ontario. They prefer a # eater like halibut.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The reason the Canadians are 'sensitive" is because deep down they all know the U.S. could invade and conquer them in about 10 hours (and that's WITH a break for lunch!!)
(I'm just being a smart-ass, guys...)
Seriously, with the exception of feeling that a few Montreal citizens can tend to be a tad snooty toward us Yanks, I think the feelings of U.S. and Canadians is a very positive one.
And Danbones, yes we DO love your beer!!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join