It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

“You see if RANDOMNESS created intelligent life here, it should create it 94% of the time EVERYWHERE.”

Randomness does not exist. Before an egg can be boiled, you need boiling water. Before you can have boiling water, you need a fire. Before you have fire, you need fuel. Before fuel can be caught on fire, you need a source of heat. Etc...

You see my friend, randomness only exist for those who either ignore the bigger picture of causality, or are simply incapable of seeing it. Before life can exist, certain conditions must be met. Before those condition can be met, other conditions must be met. Randomness and chance are for fools and charlatans.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

“You see if RANDOMNESS created intelligent life here, it should create it 94% of the time EVERYWHERE.”

Randomness does not exist. Before an egg can be boiled, you need boiling water. Before you can have boiling water, you need a fire. Before you have fire, you need fuel. Before fuel can be caught on fire, you need a source of heat. Etc...

You see my friend, randomness only exist for those who either ignore the bigger picture of causality, or are simply incapable of seeing it. Before life can exist, certain conditions must be met. Before those condition can be met, other conditions must be met. Randomness and chance are for fools and charlatans.

Yep...my old adversary, good point...thanks!

How have you been?

Please walk OT through the logic of that fine sequence you just desribed happening with out intelligent intervention...cause the weather changing where I live and i could use a self-starting fire place....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Please walk OT through the logic of that fine sequence you just desribed happening with out intelligent intervention...cause the weather changing where I live and i could use a self-starting fire place....

I refer to the past thousands upon millions of naturally caused forest fires.

There may be standing trees scattered about the world and there may be lightning striking every second, but unless those certain conditions are met for lightening to strike a tree and alight it on fire, no tree will ever catch on fire by random chance. As no life will develop on a planet twenty thousand miles from it's parent star.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Just look at OldThinker's post and thread history and realise that you'll never get what you're looking for. His threads always begin with an idea that has zero proof and never answers skeptics directly, but rather speaks to himself with unremarkable rhetoric while in third person and concurrently denying proven science or facts of reality.

What are they/you looking for?

did I hide anything?

Zero proof? What am I delusional? Or maybe CONVICTING?

Seriously, what is speaking to "himself with unremarkable rhetoric" mean?

And what "proven science" have I denied?

OT

ps: You'll never be back to this thread

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Assuming that creationism is a mathematical likelihood, how then do you jump to the assumption that the bible is the accurate truth....

Yeah TD, it's a leap...good point!

I think I may have some backing on it tho?

OT

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

OT, you win, they lose by default for dropping their case.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

slugger, thank you so very much for the support along the way with my latest...it is truly appreciated. Thing is, the newer skeptics think they can gang bang OT with multiple atheists posting at once, and they find out I'm un-movable in my faith...its really a relationship I've had with G-d for many decades, probably longer then they been on the earth...but I do appreciate your presense here, along with NOTurtypical....man this has been fun

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
......Sorry, but not even close.

www.universetoday.com...
When you look up into the night sky, it seems like you can see a lot of stars. There are about 2,500 stars visible to the naked eye at any one point at any one time on the Earth, and 5,800-8,000 total visible stars. But this is a very tiny fraction of the stars the Milky Way is thought to have! Astronomers estimate that there are 200 billion to 400 billion stars contained within the Milky Way.

And that's just the Milky Way.

How many stars do you think the folks before thoughts there were? shall I post their quotes?

The OT scriptures told the truth LOOOOOOONG before science learned this...

The Bible often uses the “stars of heaven” to represent an extremely large quantity. Genesis 22:17 teaches that God would multiply Abraham’s descendants “as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is on the sea shore.” Genesis 32:12 makes it clear that this represents a number which is uncountable by humans: “the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.”2 These are excellent analogies. Clearly the sand of the sea and the stars in the universe cannot be counted exactly by humans, though of course, they can be roughly estimated. Interestingly, the two quantities come out to about the same order of magnitude: 1022, or ten billion trillion, give or take a factor of ten or so.3 (For other verses using stars as an illustration of large numbers, see Deuteronomy 1:10 and 10:22.)

It was not always believed that the stars were so numerous. The astronomer Claudius Ptolemy (A.D. 150) cataloged 1,022 stars in his work The Almagest.4 Many astronomers believed that these were the only stars that existed, even though Ptolemy never claimed that his catalogue was exhaustive.5 Of course, there are many more stars than this number. The total number of stars that can be distinctly seen (from both hemispheres under ideal, dark sky conditions) with the unaided eye is around 10,000. The precise number depends on how good one’s vision is.

Today, with the help of modern science, we have an even greater appreciation of just how innumerable the stars are. Powerful telescopes allow us to see stars much too distant and faint to be seen without optical aid. Even binoculars reveal countless multitudes of stars that cannot be seen by the unaided eye. It is estimated that our galaxy alone contains over 100 billion stars. Astronomers believe that there are more galaxies in the visible universe than there are stars in our own. Each of these galaxies would have hundreds of millions to trillions of stars. Modern science certainly confirms Genesis 22:17.

Man God's WORD is dope

more:

2.Of course, God can count the number of stars, and in fact does so according to Psalm 147:4. God has a name for every star, even though human beings cannot even count the number of stars. Back
3.The order of magnitude of the estimate can vary slightly depending on the exact assumptions involved in the calculation. Back
4.Hartmann and Impey, Astronomy: The Cosmic Journey, p. 52. Back
5.D. Faulkner, Universe by Design (Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 2004), p. 15

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by ninthaxis

And that is remarkably similar to the 'science' that comes out of the evolution, GW, and social engineering crowds. Good point to bring up, wise words to remember

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomintruth

Hey, are you in the right thread?

OT

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

slugger, thank you so very much for the support along the way with my latest...it is truly appreciated. Thing is, the newer skeptics think they can gang bang OT with multiple atheists posting at once, and they find out I'm un-movable in my faith...its really a relationship I've had with G-d for many decades, probably longer then they been on the earth...but I do appreciate your presense here, along with NOTurtypical....man this has been fun

And that very quote explains why discussing rationally with you is completely useless. If it goes against your belief, it doesn't exist or is wrong, no matter how many facts back it up. Why bother discussing with someone who's never gonna accept facts if it does against his belief? It's like talking with a rock...100% pointless!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

MrXYZ, how's it feel with the hook in your month, in your lip?

That was fun...thx!

Can't stay away huh? See this when you are ready...it'll be here when you can admit his influence.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

That was fun...thx!

Can't stay away huh? See this when you are ready...it'll be here when you can admit his influence.... www.youtube.com...

Wasn't meant as a joke tbh...in fact, more like pity. I feel like we're talking to a guy from the middle ages who still believes the earth is flat and the centre of the universe. Sad really...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can't believe that a "johnny one note" could command 39 pages.

God never said It was special. However, it is First Cause. There's a big difference.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
I can't believe that a "johnny one note" could command 39 pages.

Pretty cool huh?

To quote Colonel William Tavington: "Quite impressive for a farmer with a pitchfork, wouldn't you say? "

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

That was fun...thx!

Wasn't meant as a joke ....

Nor was mine young man, I can assure you...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
- anti matter + - anti matter = - anti mater + matter

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And that very quote explains why discussing rationally with you is completely useless. If it goes against your belief, it doesn't exist or is wrong, no matter how many facts back it up. ......

Man, that's simply not true..what have ignored? Where have I not been rational?

You need to understand...my savior means the world to me...and if you knew what I do....you'd say, 'man, that OT needs prayer!'

Please bring your skeptics back and engage OT, I've could have missed something

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
- anti matter + - anti matter = - anti mater + matter

Absolutely!

But then again you don't know what 'absolute values' are....sorry

Its a math thang
T

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

hey slugger...great name...what does the '9787' mean?

Thanks

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join