It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
.....Every question asked of you is either (unskillfully) sidestepped or you direct someone to some random video or link. .....

"Every?"

I'm trying to take your criticism constructively, but it is hard....this is certainly hyperbole from you, right

OT

Would that be a side step or maybe a moon walk

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by malcr

this thread is about the probability that there should be 1000's of planets teeming with life.

The fact that there are not is proof of creation.

What? How can you possibly know that there are NOT 1000's of planets teeming with life? We've only ever been to two planets out of the thousands that are known to exist, let alone the trillions there must be that we don't yet know about.

reply to post by OldThinker

You obviously don't know what you're chatting about here, although I suspect you're cherry picking "facts" off the internet that back up your claims without either understanding them or bothering to research other viewpoints.

Scientists have replicated the creation of genetic material in the lab. It was a simple process actually that resembled the processes around in the early earth. What they found was, as they repeated their experiment over and over, each time the molecules got progressively more complex, building themselves into complex RNA molecules.

Here is a link to a simple yet informative article that you should (but probably won't) wrap your little head around..

Organic compounds have been detected in the farthest reaches of space and, with the right conditions and a means to get there (such as on a comet smashing into a planet) life will emerge without the need of some bearded dude who, lets face it, if he was responsible for designing life made such glaring errors and mistakes he is most certainly not perfect.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

....You obviously don't know what you're chatting about here, although I suspect you're cherry picking "facts" off the internet that back up your claims without either understanding them or bothering to research other viewpoints.

Scientists have replicated the creation of genetic material in the lab. It was a simple process actually that resembled the processes around in the early earth. What they found was, as they repeated their experiment over and over, each time the molecules got progressively more complex, building themselves into complex RNA molecules.

"obviously"

what facts don't I understand, and why do you fell the need to attack my intellect? You really have no idea/knowledge about me...

if you think such complexity and design was caused by nature/time/chance/whatever please go ahead, but you will not convince me...this is beyond insane, really...makes me think there is a real source of deception, that "smart" people would be so fooled

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have to laugh, really I do. The facts you don't understand are the basic theories of evolution and molecular biology. Then again, I suspect you do understand them but because they don't fit your paradigm you willfully ignore them.

Also, one has to chuckle that while your quite happy to be the condescending, arrogant one, you don't like it when people do it to you.

They very fact you have stated that, no matter what, there is no convincing you kind of makes this whole thread redundant. You're not here to learn or debate, but rather force your views down other peoples throats.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

if you think such complexity and design was caused by nature/time/chance/whatever please go ahead, but you will not convince me...this is beyond insane, really...makes me think there is a real source of deception, that "smart" people would be so fooled

And the truth finally comes out. You will not be convinced. Your belief super cedes fact. No amount of evidence will convince you, because only choose evidence that supports your own faulty argument.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I have to laugh, really I do. The facts you don't understand are the basic theories of evolution and molecular biology. Then again, I suspect you do understand them but because they don't fit your paradigm you willfully ignore them.

Also, one has to chuckle that while your quite happy to be the condescending, arrogant one, you don't like it when people do it to you.

Do you mean like when I responded to you earlier with....

Whew stumason,

Thanks so very much for taking all that TIME to go through the thread...your opinion is always welcome. I'll agree to disagree

Really rude of me..what was I thinking...

it appears you are the one who is unwilling to learn, please enlighten me with how non-life created all this life of complexity...and try to do it logically

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
....Your belief super cedes fact. No amount of evidence will convince you

Due to the fact you have camo on your avatar, I suspect you are military, and since its 911, I'll keep this polite and short...

What FACTS have I/am I ignoring?

What evidence to you have to convince me?

I'll leave it at that

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Here is a link to a simple yet informative article that you should (but probably won't) wrap your little head around..

Once again
"little head"

Why the cracks?

Well this little head read...

First Spark Re-Created in the Laboratory
By Brandon Keim May 13, 2009 | 1:40 pm | Categories: Miscellaneous

....Researchers synthesized the basic ingredients of RNA,...

I would like you to try and slow down and look at the utter-weakness of what you posted...

See the word -re-created- in the title?

See the word -researchers- in the first line?

News flash!!!! SomeONE engineered this....

SomeONE manufactured this....

SomeONE orchestrated this....

Special cause bro! Assignable/attributable......

You are claiming all this was created, for lack of a better term by COMMON CAUSE ... "nature" "adaptation"

Please show how some lab coats/human beings who DESIGNED this supports your argument that naturalorder/randomness/time created me, you, the universe...it is laughable

Sure I like to learn, but I prefer truth...to...false beliefs to justify people's behavior...sorry for being so blunt...but you have no grad student swallowing myths for a grade here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
OT, you're not really after the truth...only after things which support your belief. You blatantly ignore everything that goes against your belief. I don't know why people are still discussing with you.

You're not an evil guy, but discussing science with you completely pointless, you dont' like facts

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They very fact you have stated that, no matter what, there is no convincing you kind of makes this whole thread redundant. You're not here to learn or debate, but rather force your views down other peoples throats.

Finding something like Evolution flawed and illogical has nothing to do with "not understanding it." What about those of us who LEFT Atheism and support of Evolution in favor of Creation and Christianity? Do you realize many many of us have been taught Evolution from an extremely young age, and rejected it after public schooling and college? What about those of us?????

Those of us who once embraced and defended Evolution, and now reject it out-rightly? Or do those of us not exist???

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Heh, if people can go from being irrational, illogical, and disregarding facts to being being logical, rational, and accepting facts...I guess the reverse is true too

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You still don't get simple science, do you? They recreated the conditions that existed in the primordial earth, conditions that occured naturally. In these conditions, they found that life (or the basic building blocks) did indeed spontaneously create itself.

As for the Atheist turned Creationist, MyXYZ summed it up perfectly. To reject science and facts in favour of silly stories told by illterate goat herders thousands of years ago is, in my opinion, the height of idiocy.

But, each to their own. Just don't go round trying to shove your opinions down other peopls throats, which is basically what you creationists do every time one of these threads is started. Look at the thread title for crying out loud, if that isn't incitement to criticism from us rational thinkers, I don't know what is.

If you want to wallow around in ignorance and superstition, that's fine by me. Just don't go dragging the rest of humanity backwards with you as you do so.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Please make sure you stretch before you side step OT...your not getting any younger you know.

You used that word created again. You are a product of your limited education.

Since you are so into the scientific method, proof my math wrong...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Back with the arrogance I see. Ok to dish it out but don't like it when it gets returned, do you?

Any hoo, I sidestepped nothing. Just because I didn't back up your fallicious claims that doesn't mean I sidestepped. I answered your question openly for all to see. You hang on to this word "create" as if it is the name of God himself. It has other meanings, you know, depending on the context on which you use it.

In this particular example, they simply reproduced (see, I have other words) the conditions that existed back when life is believed to have begun. In these conditions, with the materials known to have been available, the basic building blocks of life assembled themselves is progressively more complex ways, leading to RNA and DNA formation.

It seems, based upon labatory tests, that life is actually almost guaranteed to evolve given the right conditions which, as it turns out are a damned site more prevalent than you give credit for. All you need is some sugars and phosphates, water plus tidal and solar action. Eventually, you get the basic blocks of life. There have been reams and reams of study into this field and you really should read them with an open mind.

Given enough time (and we're talking hundreds of millions of years) you end up with hairless chimps arguing online over their origins.

Anyway, as you've already stated your not interested in sensible debate or even learning anything, instead hanging onto some quirky maths that is being used completely out of context, I really don;t see the point in further discussion.

There is more chance of Hamas and Israel becoming Super BFF's and the engaging in the mother of all orgies to celebrate the new found peace than you even taking one step towards accepting cold, hard facts.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
....Your belief super cedes fact. No amount of evidence will convince you

Due to the fact you have camo on your avatar, I suspect you are military, and since its 911, I'll keep this polite and short...

What FACTS have I/am I ignoring?

What evidence to you have to convince me?

I'll leave it at that

No, I am not military. As if that should matter at all. So if you assumed that I wasnt military you would have made your post rude and long?

I'm not going to repost all of the evidence that you choose to ignore. Why dont you re-read this thread yourself and see all the educated posters, presenting scientific fact for you. Each time there is science posted that goes against your belief you toss it out the window. Yet you cling to any small piece of science that validates your BELIEF.

Why dont you trust your faith? Why do you attempt to explain your ultimately complex god, with the science of man? If your faith was strong, why the need to defend it with science? Why dont you believe your own bible as proof enough? Why do you attempt to use science to justify the word of god? Its not necessary according to your own religion. Would your god appreciate you doubting his own writing in the bible?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

They recreated the conditions that existed at the beginning of earth?

How presumptious and preposterous.

PROVE IT.

edit on 11-9-2010 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

They recreated the conditions that existed at the beginning of earth?

How presumptious and preposterous.

PROVE IT.

edit on 11-9-2010 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

You do realize we can analyze soil probes and find out the composition of the air/water during that time...as well as the temperature, right? So yeah, we can recreate the environment just like we can create indoor environments for penguins at the zoo

Just you didn't know about that doesn't mean it's not possible. It just means you got a lick of knowledge in that area. And I don't even mean that as an offense. I have a total lack of knowledge when it comes to nuclear physics. But contrary to you, I don't come on here and say certain nuclear processes aren't possible without first reading up on the science behind it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You guys are simply wasting your time here....

I knew by the third page that OldThinker was not here to debate, he never answered any of my posts.

He only seeks to justify his own belief's to himself, I've already explained that common and special cause have NOTHING to do with the possibility for life, on this planet or others.

He has also stated to believe Earth is the focal point of the stars, ... meaning they were all created simply for us to look at.

If that is not the height of illogical faith based thinking, i dont know what is.

When this thread dies, OldThinker will go on believing what he was believed, ... and all of you will simply be out of all the time you took to research and debate him, ... your posts are in vain.

OldThinker your views are an insult to the magnitute of gods greatness. I use the word god because this is the only way you could understand what I refer to, ..... but it is something more complex and vibrant than can ever be captured in a book. In the end we are one, there is no line between us, regardless of what you choose to believe, the end is never in question.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Back with the arrogance I see. Ok to dish it out but don't like it when it gets returned, do you?

Any hoo, I sidestepped nothing. Just because I didn't back up your fallicious claims that doesn't mean I sidestepped. I answered your question openly for all to see. You hang on to this word "create" as if it is the name of God himself. It has other meanings, you know, depending on the context on which you use it.

In this particular example, they simply reproduced (see, I have other words) the conditions .....

You missed the point....see the fifth word in your last sentence....THEY

wasn't any "they" in your theory of beginnings....

apples and oranges my friend

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
.... What about those of us who LEFT Atheism and support of Evolution in favor of Creation and Christianity? Do you realize many many of us have been taught Evolution from an extremely young age, and rejected it ....

You are a threat to them, NOTurtypical...

Its just that simple

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join