It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Noncompatible
There is nothing easier to observe than ones own emotions. I feel them, I can observe their effect on myself. Belief is not required.
I do not "believe" I am unhappy when I am unhappy, I know, due to the obvious effect.Again observable to the tester (ones self).
Though, frankly, at best that is a spurious argument on your part.
Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by awake_and_aware
1.God creates the heavens (the universe, stars, sun, moon) and the earth. The universe had a finite beginning. Genesis 1:1
Fact: Scientists also agree that the universe had a finite beginning starting with the Big Bang.
2.The earth was covered in water and darkness was over the water. Genesis 1:2
Fact: Research has confirmed both theoretically and observationally (via studies of Earthâ€™s oldest rocks) that indeed water initially covered most of the earthâ€™s crust. The first atmosphere was also full of volcanic debris and other harmful gases from the initial creation that would have prevented any light from coming through it.
3.God allows light to permeate through the darkness unto the earth. Genesis 1:3
Fact: After a while, the solar winds would have blown away the volcanic debris and gases exposing some light in the first atmosphere. Scientists also agree that light would have been the first thing needed to conduct plant life through photosynthesis and heat up the earth.
4.God creates thick clouds or water vapor in the earthâ€™s atmosphere. Genesis 1: 6-7
Fact: Scientists agree that the earth would require a stable water cycle of condensation and future precipitation for lifeâ€™s survival. This water vapor cover would be an ideal environment (greenhouse) for growing plants, trapping heat and melting ice. Also known as the second atmosphere, this vapor layer was so thick that the stars, sun and moon were not clearly visible.
5.God separates the dry land from the water in one place. Genesis 1: 9-10
Fact: Most scientists agree that the land was one land mass called Pangaea that formed out of the water then split apart to make the other continents
6.God creates plants on earth. Genesis 1: 11-12
Fact: Scientists agree that plants were the first living organisms to colonize the earth before the complex land animals (deer, fox, bear) and fish. Plant life is crucial for the creation of oxygen, the removal of carbon dioxide, and creating sugars and food for the mammals.
7.God clears the clouds and allows the sun, moon and stars to be discernible in the skies and to mark the days and seasons. Genesis 1: 14-16
Fact: In the first and second atmospheres a water vapor canopy, gases, and other debris surrounded the earth. After the plants started to develop, these dense atmospheres diminished (exposing the stars, sun and moon) as the plants produced enough oxygen to produce our third atmosphere which includes the ozone layer which now protects us from the ultraviolet radiation. The ozone layer is critical for sustaining life and giving us clear skies to see the heavens
8.God creates marine life. Genesis 1: 20-22
Fact: Most scientists agree that marine life did indeed arise before the land animals and man. With light, breathable air, dry land, oceans, plants, water cycles, and an ozone layer to protect them, the world is now ready for sea creatures and animals and eventually humans.
9.God creates animals. Genesis 1: 24-25
Fact: Scientists agree that virtually every animal phyla (including chordates and many phyla now extinct) appeared during a short geological moment.
10.God creates mankind. Genesis 1: 26-27
Fact: According to the geologic time scale, scientists agree that mankind was one of the last mammals created on the earth. Exactly like the Genesis account.
The scientific proof for Genesis
by Gman » Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 am
Originally posted by xEphon
reply to post by OldThinker
I find it curious that you use science to back up your religious text but disregard that same science when it conflicts with your religious text.
Just an observation.
Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by slugger9787
Ok, i'll discuss these next.
FIRST, explain why i need to go "back" to school, and explain your ranting about Deism and how i was wrong.
A survey carried out shows majority of scientists in the top institutions are atheists, why would that be?
1. Top scientists in specifically what list of top institutions are atheists.
Why would top scientists throughout history doubt any theory of religion?
2. Top scientists, throughout history, doubt theism because they made a decision to deny the existence of deity. In fact this denial of deity and affection of the scientific method probably attracts, more proportionally, individuals who deny deity. Theism and atheism have coexisted for centuries. Theists and atheists support social institutions which further their beliefs. Theists traditionally have built schools, hospitals, orphanages, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, clinics, abused spouse homes, proper burial of deceased, publication of theistic material, books, and you get the point. Atheists support social institutions that further their cause as well, and borrow from theists greatly in that fashion, and as such are moving to staff institutions of higher learning with like minded individuals.
It's because they have analytical minds, logical minds that require evidence and data, and if scientists don't have that data, religion would be the last institution to trust to provide it.
3. Covered I think in my prior conversation.
If they were great points, and bible was so evidently true, why would scientists and philosophers alike reject such theories.
4. The points are good due to the fact that when the scientific evidence found in the bible, was revealed, made known, there was no scientific community of atheists who discovered the facts first.
Besides, all of the numbers need to be stated as "MYTH" and some of them facts need research, and need the relevant data to back those "FACTS" up.
If you can provide me with the scientific evidence that humans were the first "species" on earth then go ahead and prove it to me, go ahead and provide the facts.
6. Humans according to the facts of the bible were NOT the first species on earth.
Science has concluded the same fact.
Besides evolution shows clearly that man species evolve and come from a common ancestrial legacy, we all started from lesser species and there isn't enough evidence to prove what evolved first, even fossil dating can only provide so much knowledge.
7. Creationism includes everything evolutionism studies. Creationism predates the big bang with the factual biblical account describing WHO said bang.
Evolutionists must stop at the big bang theory.
8. The bible said God created man in His own image and likeness. How God did that is a mystery. Perhaps He took an ape and put it to sleep, and then operated on it, gave it a conscience and morals, and a free will, breathed His spirit into its nostrils and woke the new creature up and called him a man. Maybe He even permitted the species of beings called man to evolve from an ape to a human. Since the Genesis account was writen five thousand years ago, maybe God did not reveal the gruesome and gory details of the instantaneous creation or the evolutionary process which produced the species man. Why? Maybe it was none of their business to know and understand, or maybe He did not choose to overburden the knowledge or overextend the understanding of early man.
[edit on 2/9/10 by awake_and_aware]
A French press requires coffee of a coarser grind than does a drip brew coffee filter, as finer grounds will seep through the press filter and into the coffee. Coffee is brewed by placing the coffee and water together, stirring it and leaving to brew for a few minutes, then depressing the plunger to trap the coffee grounds at the bottom of the beaker.
Because the coffee grounds remain in direct contact with the brewing water and the grounds are filtered from the water via a mesh instead of a paper filter, coffee brewed with the French press captures more of the coffee's flavor and essential oils, which would become trapped in a traditional drip brew machine's paper filters. French pressed coffee is usually stronger and thicker and has more sediment than drip-brewed coffee.
Originally posted by OldThinker
Spurious? translation-I got ya
Notice he wasn't asked to verify HIS OWN emotions, but another's...big difference my friend
Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by MrXYZ
Specization is micro evolution.
Macro evolution cannot be proved.
Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by MrXYZ
well, no answer?
do you, others, ever notice l never degrade you.
Could you prove wind or love, yet we KNOW it exists...