It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge dismisses Geronimo lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A lawsuit filed by descendants of the Native American chieftain Geronimo, who claimed some of his remains were stolen in 1918 by the secretive Skull and Bones society of Yale University, has been dismissed by a federal judge.

Well, thats higher education for you high on laudenum no dought.

The lawsuit was filed last year in Washington by 20 descendants who want to rebury the Apache warrior near his New Mexico birthplace.

It claimed that during the First World War, Skull and Bones members, including Prescott Bush, the grandfather of former US President George W Bush, took the remains from a burial plot at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where Geronimo died in 1909.

Good Christain boys having a lark eh?

Judge Richard Roberts last month granted a Justice Department motion to dismiss, saying the plaintiffs did not establish the government had waived its right not to be sued without its consent.

He also dismissed the lawsuit against Yale and the society, which is not officially affiliated with the university, saying the plaintiffs cited a law that applies only to Native American cultural items excavated or discovered after 1990.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

You know some things just defy decency.
Normally grave robbers are considered gouls.

"the government had waived its right not to be sued without its consent."
Thats hilarious.
the Patriots are the new Indian.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well that's American justice for you. Legal loopholes are a lot like tax loopholes, everyone with money can find them.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

That describes things pretty well
I wonder what the odds are that the judge is skull and bones too?
Being part NDN (Metis) it just doesn't sit well to see that not much has changed in several hundred years.
except the definition of target has more types of people included in it.

the Brits were asked for the Koo i noor diamond back
news.webindia123.com...

I understand the Brit PM said something to the effect that if they started to return things like that the British museums would end up empty.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just think of the stink cloud that would be raised if it was Abraham Lincoln or George Washington's skull that some Native American fraternity was holding .

If it was I bet the courts would find some obscure law to get it back . May be grave desecration ? Corpse mutilation ?

Funny whats good for one is not good for all people !

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

that was well said.
if we all did whats good for them is whats good for us, most of our troubles would be simple after that.

What creeps me out also is skull and bones is reputed to use things like this for ritual Satanism...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So was it ever determined that the skull possessed by Skull &Bones was actually Geronimo's? If it was, what the he&#?! I guess there is justice and then there is the right thing to do, and they are not always as close as they should be.
Give them back what is theirs! Can you imagine if a Native American tribe had Lincoln's(or any prominent US leader) skull in their possession? I wonder if the ruling would be the same?
I hope there is an appeal going on and the skull is given back to the descendants and tribespeople.

spec

Edit To Add: If it is actually Geronimo's skull, you know it was used in some "mock(?)" ritualistic endeavor by the Bones, talk about a power play

Why don't the Bones just give the skull back? it would make them look good, for their sake, and of course just the right thing to do. I think some Native Americans and any others who support them getting the skull back, should do a peaceful "sit in" protest to draw some attention to the issue because I feel most folks would support the Native Americans.

For more info on the Bones and Geronimo's skull, this gal(a Yale grad herself) wrote a book on S&B and was granted exclusive interviews and viewing of the house.

www.skullandcrossbones.org...
www.secretsofthetomb.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
After seeing this picture recently this doesn't surprise me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3dd3d6a1535.jpg[/atsimg]

I am sick of this crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
On a side note here .

I feel any remains of Native Americans or humans in general once scientific study has been done the remains should be returned to the place of origin or a traditional grave yard not as some museum piece .

Really ideally it should be taken for anthropological study to determine A if it of the Native American tribe in question B if it is DNA tested to confirm if it is Geronimo s bloodline .

That should prove conclusively it was from grave robbing by the Skull and Bones .

If we can seize Skulls from people who are found possessing a skull whether shipped in from over seas or not to practice Voodoo or other rituals Why cant we do it against the Skulls and Bones .

I am sure there is some weird rituals going on in there .

I guess it goes back to the GOLDEN RULE .

He WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES !!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

A YALE University historian has uncovered a letter written in 1918 that seems to lend validity to the lore that Yale University's ultra-secret Skull and Bones society stole the skull of the American Indian leader Geronimo.

The letter, written by one member of Skull and Bones to another, says that the skull and some of the Indian leader's remains were spirited from his burial plot in Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to a stone tomb in New Haven that serves as the club's headquarters.

they don't seem to be disputing the skeleton is geronimoes in the court docs

Skull and Bones legend has it that members - including President George Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush - dug up Geronimo's grave when a group of army volunteers from Yale were stationed at the fort during World War I. Geronimo died in 1909.

The letter, written by Winter Mead, says: "The skull of the worthy Geronimo the Terrible, exhumed from its tomb at Fort Sill by your club … is now safe inside the [tomb] together with his well worn femurs."

www.smh.com.au...

Of course writen confessions not gathered by wterboarding don't hold much credence in the US court system these days...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Some friends and I had a discussion a few years back about robbing prominent white people's graves and displaying their bones in our museum. We were thinking of starting with William Wheeler, he was vice president of the united states under Andrew Johnson his grave is only about 25 miles from here. It'd be pretty neat if we had the bones of a vice president in our museum

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Geronimo had some serious mojo working for him.
He had said white mens' bullets would not kill him...
And he was shot some 40 odd times and then died of pneumonia...
This is why his bones might have been wanted for SandB rituals.

Upon reading about what the white historians say, it remindes me of what they said about Custer's last stand...and when the battle field was dug up, and the truth was laid bare, they sure had to sing a different tune then.

Prescott Bush was also one of Hitler's American Bankers...
which is just another thing a prankish school boy boy would do...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Who's to say the Judge in question isn't a Skull and Bones member? I would think any Judge in his right mind would want for the sake of decency to establish what or who the skull actually belong to instead of finding a loophole for the defendants. Isn't that the that the job of the defense lawyer?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for clarification

Of course writen confessions not gathered by wterboarding don't hold much credence in the US court system these days...

spec

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
After seeing this picture recently this doesn't surprise me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3dd3d6a1535.jpg[/atsimg]

I am sick of this crap.

Where the Hell did you see that picture at?? That's messed up man.

Also, the judge didn't dismiss the case over whether or not the Skull/Bones actually had the skull, but dismissed the case over other "unrelated" technicalities?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I made a mistake Wheeler was vice president under Hayes. The New York State Museum returned our ancestors bones a few years back. Our people got together and had a ceremony and re-interred the bones. They also returned our wampum belts that they had taken so long ago. It took years to get everything back. Now if they'd just give us our land back we'd be in great shape.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting to see that multiple entities put so much value on something
that cannot be bought at a mall. How about that.
All words aside, the enlightened all know what desecration is by the way it feels. Especially in the backyard. Price of joining the club.
Savvy?

Payment is overdue. Lets square up in silence.
Direct Deposit Accepted.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

the website pictureisunrelated.com is on the bottom of the picture

from what I've read the picture was taken in a US McDonald's, another reason for me to boycott their products.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Two quick points:

Yale is not affiliated with the fraternity, this makes them exempt from The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act. Probably ought to look this one up. It's an easy out for Yale.

Second point, I'd look at the school history of the judge to see if was a member of any fraternity, and it's affiliations with other fraternities.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just found this on youtube. A letter written by someone in the skul and bones was found a couple years ago dated from 1918 saying that the skull was stolen by members. Here's the video:

top topics

join