It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel set to hit Iran's N-sites within a year'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

'Israel set to hit Iran's N-sites within a year'

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

"...one day next spring, Israeli national security adviser, Uzi Arad, and Israeli defence minister, Ehud Barak, will simultaneously telephone their counterparts at the White House and the Pentagon, to inform them their PM, Benjamin Netanyahu, has just ordered roughly one hundred F-15Es, F-16Is, F-16Cs, and other aircraft of the Israeli air force to fly east toward Iran," the article says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
'Israel set to hit Iran's N-sites within a year' Read more: 'Israel set to hit Iran's N-sites within a year' - Middle East - World - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com
www.theatlantic.com
www.stumbleupon.com

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Has this been posted? Just broke on the Times of India.

Quite a few details here, like who's going to call who.

Also seems like someone's a bit fed up with the US's failure to assure them. Israel's still worried about the nukes, of course.

Interview with General Wald is in Additional News Links, as is Goldberg's story. The Point of No Return. Both referred to in this news article.

timesofindia.indiatime s.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
While interesting I just dont think Israel has the cajones to go this one alone. There are just too many players in the Mideast for them to stir this hornets nest and contend with its backlash alone.

Perhaps they would start it in the hopes of the US, or Britain to come to their aid...nah I cant imagine they would go it alone

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Iran seems to be willing to negotiate, though I have a theory about it. The Iranian government keeps publicly stating that it is willing to come to the table and further hints at the possability that the Persian nation could be willing to give up on their nuke program, though stopping short of putting it bluntly.

My theory is that Iran is just buying time. They know the possability of an Israeli strike is imminent. So, by offering to come to the table and making it appear as if you are willing to negotiate, they can buy time. This just may give them enough time to develop a weapon and ultimately stave off an attack.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Iran being armed with nuclear weapons. In fact, I think it just may do some good, by balancing out the power in the region. After all, they seem far more stable and less violent and beligerent that Israel.

It's also important to keep in mind that there is nothing to suggest that Iran is developing weapons. They have been more than transparent with their nuke program and we have no reason to doubt their intentions.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Year in year out. Media continues to spew this crap...

No one knows when Israel or the US will do it, if they ever do it at all.

This article is a carbon copy of every single one before it, dating back to 2006.

It's really really getting old.

EDIT: Thank you for posting it though OP

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can guarantee you the story was submitted by a loony within the iranian government

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I doubt the US will strike, as in the US military. Instead, it will be purely Israel, until and unless it escalates. This doesn't mean that America won't have a hand in the strike. Of course, it will be American tax-dollars and hardware that the Israelis will use.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

You will have to do a bit better then the typed words of guarantee me.
Guarantee it if you can.

On topic...things are looking good.
It used to be they will strike in a few weeks to within the next month to where it is now.
Now its within a year.

Annoying eye roll emot not directed at the OP...just sayin.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Yep. Iran is actually making some unlikely friends in the Middle East....other Arab nations who actually don't think it would be a bad idea for Iran to have nukes. Man, that would piss Israel off if finally those nations united behind Iran. India to is getting more and more involved and vocal with and about Iran and the sanctions (link and link) and even met with Iran to try to see what could be done to fix Afghanistan.

I think the US and Israel starting to lean on Syria about nukes (link) in the same way they leaned on Iran and now are even leaning on Jordan!!! (link) is annoying some people.

Also, my theory about the CFR wanting us out of the ME because it's going to kill this country and now having the balance of power with their dude in office. I think all that goes to the WikiLeaks "help" and hand-offishness and also to

If you missed this thread, The Enemy of My Enemy, it's worth a read.

No question in my mind Israel would go rogue. Iran is not going to attack anyone. That's BS.

Very interesting stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

We simply cannot get involved further in the ME. On so many levels. Israel could suck us in, I suppose. But then there's every chance everyone else would join in on the fun.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Well I'm keeping track of all this recycled "news," smack talk, and propaganda in my thread called War on Iran: What Year is This?. Some of it is almost funny. You're more than welcome to add to it if you find these types of stories that they keep repeating (on both sides and from both sides) as if out of some demented play book.

Okay...Iran will say this, the US will say this back, Israel will chime in and contradict, then someone will show how bad Iran is and say they're holocaust deniers with haircut and stoning issues, then Iran will hollah back that they have subs and then Israel gets pissy. I swear it sort of is almost funny...except that one false move or accident or rogue strike on anyone's side could get us into WWIII.

I think about all that's missing is the "loose nukes" story. We've have just about everything else recycled.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great article thanks for the info.

My cynical side side says the MSM can't weather right for today, how can predict actions 365 days from now?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I actually saw this article a few months ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I guess this goes against the November theories that were last circulating, eh? Hell we've been teetering on the edge of war with/over Iran most recently since the mid 1990s. Not doing the wayback thing about how we overthrew their government...just thinking about today forward. It's a different world now...economically and geopolitically than it was back then...and people get more "news" so it's harder for the snakes to slither.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I grew up in LA and Orange County, California and the Iranians were our friends back then. The largest population, in the US, is right there.

Politics is a joke, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

My dad's best friend from way back is Persian. Loveliest, most loving and most peaceful family EVER. He left the US for Australia when things started getting ugly here. Saw things coming.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Within a year?

I've just stocked up on food supplies, tins, water, ammo, batteries and all sorts!

The bloody stuff will be out of date by the time I need it!

I really can't see this going on another year though, there's too many warships and supplies near Iran right now. It will cost the US and other Countries a fortune to keep them there on standby for another 12 months.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There was actually much more military hardware off Iran back in 2007 and 2008 than right now. Do you know how many times the US has done a huge build-up opposite Iran and then takes the carriers away trhen move them back again? Its really not at that high a level right now. At one a few years ago there were 5 carrier groups stationed off of Iran.

Originally posted by minkey53
Within a year?

I've just stocked up on food supplies, tins, water, ammo, batteries and all sorts!

I really can't see this going on another year though, there's too many warships and supplies near Iran right now. It will cost the US and other Countries a fortune to keep them there on standby for another 12 months.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
There was actually much more military hardware off of Iran back in 2007 and 2008 than right now. Do you know how many times the US has done a huge build-up opposite Iran and then take the carriers away and then move them back again? Its really not at that high a level right now. At one time a few years ago there were 5 carrier groups stationed off of Iran.

And why are you stocking up on all of that? Are you going to be stationed over there or something?

Originally posted by minkey53
Within a year?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Year in year out. Media continues to spew this crap...

No one knows when Israel or the US will do it, if they ever do it at all.

This article is a carbon copy of every single one before it, dating back to 2006.

It's really really getting old.

EDIT: Thank you for posting it though OP

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Nomad451]

"Those who say don't know, those who know don't say." Anyone who really knew a launch date and told it would end up like Matt Simmons, Terry Yeakey, DC Madam, etc.

As was demonstrated in the recent past from August, 2005, US "green lights" to go, go through a number of steps and can be canceled even on the last day. An Israeli op is different and seems to have a set timetable.

Also, another thought, "Isn't the real launch date the date of the false flag event that occurs before?" What I am saying here is that a new war will need a new false flag event. It is too late to piggy back it onto Iraq and Afghanistan.

So it seems. But?????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join