It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds funding Ground Zero imam's Mideast trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The controversial imam behind the project to build the 'ground zero mosque' is set to depart on a feel good trip to the mideast to spread 'a better understanding' of islam in the US.

And guess who is paying for the trip? YOU ARE!, thanks to the State Department.

The imam behind a plan to build a mosque near Ground Zero is set to depart on a multi-country jaunt to the Middle East funded by the State Department -- raising concerns that taxpayers may be helping him with the controversial project's $100 million fund-raising goal.

Feisal Abdul Rauf is taking the publicly funded trip to foster "greater understanding" about Islam and Muslim communities in the United States, the State Department confirmed yesterday.

Oh yeah. :shk:

"He is a distinguished Muslim cleric," said State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley, when asked about the journey, reportedly to include stops in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Qatar.

"I think we are in the process of arranging for him to travel as part of this program, and it is to foster a greater understanding about the region around the world among Muslim-majority communities," he added.

www.nypost.com...

Our nation has lost it's mind, I swear.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is another flagrant, in-your-face, insult from the obamanation!
The POTUS needs to be impeached!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My country tis of thee
sweet land of stupidity

new topics

join