It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
These are my fears for America if Radical Christians eventually take over, which IS possible.

It would likely be similar to the way Saudi Arabia is ruled by Islam. Non-Christian religions would be illegal, or at the very least not recognized. Homosexuality would be illegal for sure. Abortion would be completely illegal in all cases. There would be strict dress codes, along with laws against indecent behavior, and laws against blasphemy.

America could turn into Saudi America.

Moderate Christians would be forced to live under the rules of the radicals, and at the same time, radicals would fund the radicalization of Christianity in other countries.

I'm not talking about Catholicism or the other moderate Christians who believe in the theory of evolution and progression of science. Not all Christians are radical.

BUT

Radical Christians have many more children than most other groups, and evangelize their faith to others as well. It may take some time, but their power will grow strong enough to become a significant threat.

This is all a "what if" scenario. Hopefully this never happens, but it seems possible. As Islamic Radicalism has grown exponentially in the past several decades, it could only take a few more decades for Christian Radicalism to grow just as easily.

It has already begun if you haven't noticed yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
These are my fears for America if Radical Christians eventually take over, which IS possible.

What, they haven't already? As far as I am concerned, christian takeover has been around ever since.. in fact, if you compare it to islam, it is almost in toe...

Sunni Islam -> Christianity
Shia Islam -> Catholicism

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Non-Christian religions would be illegal, or at the very least not recognized. Homosexuality would be illegal for sure. Abortion would be completely illegal in all cases.

I have re-edited this post after some serious contemplation.
The term radical has been over used here. I would call them a religious zealot.
Jim Jones was a religious zealot. Even though he usurped the Christian name, he was a Zealot.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Personally, I don't read it as an anti Christianity rant at all. Look, why do people make such a big deal of adultery? Well, because it is frowned upon in the christian faith... among other things.

I see it as the 10 commandments will become the next 10 amendments of the constitution... just you wait.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
reply to post by Violater1

Personally, I don't read it as an anti Christianity rant at all.

I agree.
I re-edited my post.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i believe the op meant radicals like pastor hagee and the westboro church

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Although America was founded on Judeo Christian principals. The law of the land is similar to many from the ten commandments. Do not murder, steal, lie if under oath, what America has and what radical Christians need to know is that we have freedom of religion. I am a Christian myself I even share my faith when I feel appropriate. But as Christians we can not and never impose our faith on others who do not want it. Jesus never made anyone do anything he always asked, he said follow me, he didnt come with a sword, just with the words of life. So Christians should not come condeming and wanting to force those outside of the faith to pursue there faith. What good would that do? Unless you come of your own free will Christianity will do nothing for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbleseeker
Although America was founded on Judeo Christian principals. The law of the land is similar to many from the ten commandments. Do not murder, steal, lie if under oath, what America has and what radical Christians need to know is that we have freedom of religion. I am a Christian myself I even share my faith when I feel appropriate. But as Christians we can not and never impose our faith on others who do not want it. Jesus never made anyone do anything he always asked, he said follow me, he didnt come with a sword, just with the words of life. So Christians should not come condeming and wanting to force those outside of the faith to pursue there faith. What good would that do? Unless you come of your own free will Christianity will do nothing for you.

Those are not Judaeo Christian concepts you mentioned. "Do not murder, steal, lie" are principles that are innate within humanity. Whether you have secular or religious beliefs, these qualities are self-evident. Countless religions and cultures and faith-systems have adopted them, Christianity was #3468 to do it.

And I think you're confusing Christian doctrine with modern American culture. All the imperialism of England and Spain and most other European states for the last 1000 years, all in the name of Christianity - they were using the exact same book you are reading today. If our culture were to change, our perspective on the Bible could potentially revert back to the Middle Ages.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
That would mean our government would have to start funding Christian churches,but they are financing mosques instead!

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

To that end, early in its tenure the Bush administration began a serious effort to seek out and support moderate Islam. Since then, Washington has funded mosques, schools, institutes, and community centers that are trying to modernize Islam around the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Yes well whatever number we Christians fall in, the point is America should have freedom of religion.

You seem sort of defesive I am a Christian and stating we should have freedom of religion. Oh and I think Judeo Christianity, and Freemasonry played a huge part in the constitution of my great country.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
On the Edge : Interesting that you mention the funding of "moderate Islam" because I've thought of it as a force to literally moderate Islam, to make it less than a threat.

humbleseeker : I mainly agree that Judea-Christianity & Freemasonry has largely created America, but things can fall apart in certain situations. The power of the masses, if pointed in the direction of radical Christianity, can change our current system.

Son of Will : Christianity like any religion can turn radical, and has before of course just as you mentioned. I do, however, think that mainstream Christianity today is still very moderate.

My concern is that the radical Christianity will spread, and there could be more & more who deny evolution (large percentage of rural Americans), against homosexuality (as in Jamaica & Uganda where they are often killed, and rural America where it is still taboo), insult other religions (burning of Korans in Florida for example), and so on.

top topics

join