It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Non-Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh and I almost forgot- I saw this little quote online the other nite and it seems appropriate for this discussion: "The answer to '1984' is '1776' "........

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am choosing to play devils advocate.

My problem with america(ns) outside of their foreign policy and wealth gap - is just how insular you are with regards to the world, and how arrogantly and ignorantly proud you are of yourselves. Its not all your fault, but sympathy isn't what you need - you guys need a kick up the bum to get you thinking straight again. Anyone who votes Republican is delusional and anyone who this Sarah Palin is an all american hero should see a psychiatrist, but you guys have alot of good things going for you, and great potenial. Of course my callous criticisms are generalizations, but seriously, anyone who waves their nations flag outside of the olympics I think is an idiot (thats world wide) - but hey, thats me, and we have plenty of overly patriotic/nationalistic people here too.

Don't seek sympathy, create an action plan around a positive movement and you'll have my support.

Meh, you guys will come out okay - I just wanted to stir the debate here up a bit.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
it should be painfully obvious to anyone who isn't a barely functional mental retard that not all americans support their countries foreign policy or lots of their other practices. we have no real say in what they do, even less in recent years. if you blindly hate and generalize an entire country based on some magazine article you read or something you heard on the news then you are an idiot and your opinion does not matter and you should probably just go kill yourself and do the world a favor we have enough dumb people in the gene pool already. on another note i saw a lot of tree hugger type threads and i just feel like it is my responsibility to inform the rest of the world that we are not all that weird and nerdy, most of us don't think we are jedis or collect pokemon cards you got to understand a large portion of the people who are online constantly and no offense on a site like this are going to be kind of strange compared to the norm.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Evidently there is some confusion going on in this thread that really begs for ignorance to be denied.

As this map of the world displays there are no non-Americans.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a8f3eaea40.png[/atsimg]

Whether you live in US Northern Command, US European Command, US Central Asia Command, US African Command, US Pacific Command or US Southern Command, you live in an American world under the close and watchful eye of US Satellites, US Drones, and the US Military.

So please, please, please, let’s save those rivalries for the Army versus Navy Football Game and stop trying to make your fellow Americans feel bad because they live in a different Command area than you.

Can’t we all just get along?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have to agree with Auquris that most people are just too busy trying to make ends meet to really devote anythought to anything other than how far the next paycheck will go. This keeps our focus off any other monkey business going on around us.
As for the dumbing down...there is a solution critically thinking on what we feed our brain. Crap in = crap out. The educational system has been all to good at programed conformity. I for the moment can not afford to homeschool but I do try to give my child some non-conformist views. Even though she is only 10 see can see answers that are highly developed and has actually gotten things counted wrong on papers because it wasn't exactly like the book had stated. I have to explain to her that what she wrote wasn't wrong it just wasn't what was expected. Thinking outside the box isn't always punnishable punatively. I agree critical thinking is a lost art but if you go against the grain your going to be sitting in the same seat the follow year. Enough on our educational system. Reading and discussion of ideas at home is the only way around it. Conformity through this system has been tried and failed before many times...just look at the refermation.
Unfortunately for now some things just have to be tolerated there will be a day when the tide will turn. I think you have to pick the battles. When we can manage to turn corruption around moral fortatiude will have to trickle down into every crevis of the system.
Just as our childs education, moral ground, family values, and common respect begin at home so too is the solution to the entire problem...our own accountability.
We are all bombarded with negative influnces that attempt to get the population to move along like cattle being herded. When there is a stray the farmer sends in the herding dog to snap them back to the group. So by government regulations we are being herded in one way or another back to the pack.
It is uncomfortable for any pack animal to go at it alone but I see that some are breaking free of the herd and rallying together for survival of not just our own nation but for our species. This thought in itself gives me hope. There have always been wild cards in history that turn the tides from what the elites have not anticipated. The universe has a way of working this out other wise we'd all be in literal chains instead of the financial one's. It will take some time but our generations will figure this out. Sometimes though people have to hit bottem before working their way out.
Despite our current state of affairs world wide I still have faith in the common man who is capable of great works.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lyrianatheart

Thank you lyrianatheart, I also have faith in my fellow man and woman. I have a nine year old granddaughter who knows all about current and world events, she worries about the enviroment among other things, she goes to a very progressive school and is so smart that it amazes me. She knows Spanish, took French last year and started Hebrew School. Things have certainly changed, my daughter went buy school supplies yesterday, not cheap by the way and bought flash drives for my granddaughter and grandson, who knew from this when I was in grade school or college for that matter.

Yes I have faith not only for my fellow man but the children, sadly the onus is on them.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What are you on about? Those that hate you are just people full of hate and not worth worrying about. If it wasn't you they'd hate something else, probably hate themselves and in the end are just voilent savages who live in civilized society. They're everywhere.

The US is a great country, full of promise and opportunity. If you see mud, you'll live in it. If you change who you are inside you'll be a different person. If you just change the outside, you'll be like a pig in a suit...It'll still go back to the mud. And even a pig who doesn't wallow in the mud is still a pig.

What I'm getting at is ... if you feel embarassed at being an American? then you have a problem thats deeper than the problems the US is creating that are outside of your wishes.

I know of people tortured and killed who were freer inside than you sound because they knew who they were, where they were going and that the outside can't touch the inside. You've let the outside affect the inside. Change that!

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Dear endtimer

I will go along with most of what you say, however answer this.

Why in the name of GODS little green apples did you elect BUSH twice?????

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear endtimer

I will go along with most of what you say, however answer this.

Why in the name of GODS little green apples did you elect BUSH twice?????

You ask why I elected him twice? How do you know how I voted? You
say you will go along with most of what I say, but why did I elect him
twice? I am in independent or non-partisan. I despise both parties.

I would vote for Ron Paul if it weren't for his whiny voice. I couldn't
stand listening to that for four years.

???????????

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeh, we're invading you to free you from your leader.

Seriously, who's going to invade us and free us?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"I know there is an awful lot of hatred and animosity toward America and it's citizens."

Hm... not totally true. I see America as a great country run by morons and crooked figureheads. Basically, the only difference between America and any 3rd world corrupt african country is the ammounts of money or riches that are involved. Ok, there's also the false sense of liberty and democracy, which america hasn't got AT ALL! I mean, you are certainly AFRAID, or else you wouldn't live in that same state of fear since 9/11. You're not free, you're just SCARED! As for animosity towards american citizens, let me tell you that it's normal not to like a country's people when the majority agree with the death penalty, or when americans are entitled to buy guns as long as they can afford them, or when they support their soldiers like they're really helping the country at all, or... well, we could go on, and on, and on...

The United States is in such dire straits with our ongoing wars

YOUR ongoing wars? I thought it was your POLITICIANS' ongoing wars!

economy

erm... you spent more than $7 billion in the last decade fighting "terrorism" and you say you have no money?!? I mean WOW, how come?!?

We the American public hate this situation we are in.

Yet, you re-elected the same hilbilly redneck that brought you to your present state. Or are you saying you hate it because IT WAS A LOST CAUSE FROM THE START?!?

A lot of other countries are in the same boat as us.

Mostly because they are "allies" with the u.s. Like my country, for instance. I mean, we haven't suffered your losses in 9/11, true, and I regret that heavily, but WHY SHOULD WE PAY NOW FOR SOMETHING WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH? I tell you why: because, as allies we are, we don't send some dozen men to the desert, we'll get crushed by your political cuts. SHAME!!!

"do not take out your hatred and dislike for the citizens of this country. The citizens of this great country are fed up to the gills with all of this terrible stuff going on here.

I mean... if you know you'll be fed up sooner or later with something, why even start it? The citizens of your country have their faults as well: they re-elected a moron. I'm pretty sure the world would be different as of now if he wasn't re-elected, but oh well.

We, most of us, would like to take a huge broom into Washington and sweep it all to the gutter where it belongs.

Where I come from, that's called LUCID VOTING. Pity it took 9 years for you to see you effed up.

We would love to stop the wars, treat people fairly and have a growing economy as we had just a short time ago

I'd also love to party everyday, but I mean... if I would, I would be out of a job and thus would have nothing to eat, so what do I do? I party when I can or really need to, because that's called being RESPONSIBLE! I agreed with your reply to Afghanistan, I mean, you were attacked with no provocation at all, but NINE YEARS?!?!?!?!

"We aren't against you, we are your brothers and sisters and only hope for the best for this country and the rest of the world."

With all due respect, you are not my brothers or sisters. My brothers and sisters would not support the death penalty, nor would they buy a gun just for fun, nor would they re-elect the same crook. On the other hand, your speech keeps on insisting in a tiny little word that gets you hated each and every minute: the word WE! it's YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU and YOU! I mean... do you know how EGOTISTICAL that sounds?

I respect americans as I respect any human being, but changes must happen. Americans are a great people, look at inventions, medicine, science, pop culture, entertainment, etc... but I mean... when are you going to start INTROSPECTING? I guess the real problem is inside your country, not outside, but hey, I'm just a foreigner. Best regards.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

Thanks for the input. You are probably right on most counts. Peace
to you, even though I can't call you a brother or sister.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What!? How can you not blame the US citizen? We allow these things to happen, hell we vote the a-holes in...right? When tyranny runs rampant using OUR money, while our rifles collect dust...oh, it's on us all right. Maybe when the majority of americans are starving or hungry, they might think about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The problem with being sympathetic towards the US is, they are behaving like a spoilt child... when three thousand of their citizens were killed, they took revenge and killed millions of people from two poor and backward countries, irreparably destroying their right to their own future as undamaged peoples and societies. Where is the justice in that? Were not these people innocent too? More so, since they were not democracies? Worse, their (US) entire military, intelligence and political machinery (and ordinary people too) contrived to falsely implicate the two nations based on blatantly incorrect information. All because of oil.

As another poster mentioned earlier, there is a propensity towards exaggeration of even minor happenings. Really, there is too much evil in this existence of ours that the US citizens never get the whiff of.

Then there is greed, the desire to own everything in this world and every human beings soul... and would do anything to ensure that. All economic, political and military actions point to that. Do you know that we (in India) pay more than double for almost everything we need to survive? Food, cars, gadgets... houses (more than 5-10 times)... Why? We subsidize the US.

Where is the justice in that?

Don't get me wrong, I grew-up idolizing the US and its people and would have very much liked to emigrate to that great country. Where are the displays of the great principles on which the US was founded?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yeah! If only we had some mechanism by which we could select our leaders we would fix the problem immediately!

Sorry, but we're ABSOLUTELY to blame! Any time you pick the lesser of two evils in the ballot booth you're voting for evil. Period.

I usually write in Bugs Bunny and he's never won, but I STILL consider myself responsible for this mess. So long as I'm not rioting and rebelling and getting locked up for my dissent a portion of the blame should justifiably be directed at me.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by niblo

Why do the french have the only government in the world that fears it's people?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by randyvs]

Because the last time you had a revolution, you used the guillotine on everyone in power. Would make me a little nervous also.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSloth
Really, there is too much evil in this existence of ours that the US citizens never get the whiff of.

If US citizens never get a 'whiff' of what's truly going on in the world (due to government control, media blackout, or whatever cause), then how can ordinary US citizens be held accountable for what they do not know? One of the great things about this site is people come from other countries with first-hand accounts of what's going on in their part of the world. Often, it's the first I've heard of it. Why not use ATS as a global, neutral meeting ground for educational purposes and as a way of reaching across boundaries in an effort to bridge the gap toward world peace instead of using it as a virtual battleground? There's enough real war going on right now on real, physical battlegrounds. I'm so sick of war and hate and blanket assumptions about groups of people. As I understand it, blanket assumptions are what got this whole war debacle started in the first place.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Dear endtimer

In your original post you are asking the world to except that all this from your country is not the fault of the people of the USA.

As a whole they did elect him twice. So to phrase it better if it is not the fault of the people of the US, why did they elect him twice????????

[edit on 12-8-2010 by MAC269]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I did not read the whole thread but:

If the majority of Americans are against their government's actions, why always elect people from the rich parties (elephant and horse)? That can be seen as condoning your government's actions by your population...

...unless your election is broken, or the majority is brainwashed (eats whatever idea the flickering box is presenting to them). In either case democracy is no longer in effect in your country.

I am Canadian and I am also disgusted by my governments (federal, provincial and municipal). Greed and corruption is everywhere and yet, "my people" still votes for the same parties, the parties of the rich!

I wish I had some answers myself... it just make me sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Obviously,it's going to be up to us soon.

Be prepared,ain't but a thang.

3%

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join