It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Non-Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This world we live in is in such turmoil right now, that the average citizen
doesn't have much say or control over any of it.

I would like to address this little thread to all people in the world who are
reading this website, and not living in the U.S.

I know there is an awful lot of hatred and animosity toward America and
it's citizens. I would like everyone to take a breath and think about this for
a moment. The United States is in such dire straits with our ongoing wars,
our economy (not much left) total distrust in our government and officials
in Washington, D.C., and courruption on a scale like never before in history.

We the American public hate this situation we are in. A lot of other countries
are in the same boat as us. Please, let me repeat, please, do not take out your
hatred and dislike for the citizens of this country. The citizens of this great
country are fed up to the gills with all of this terrible stuff going on here.
Our leaders and the powers that be are leading this country down a path to
the largest toilet imaginable. We don't like this at all. We, most of us, would
like to take a huge broom into Washington and sweep it all to the gutter where
it belongs. This coming November during the elections, we are going to put
the broom to work and at least get started with the cleaning.

Please put aside your hatred for the average citizen here in the U.S. We are
as baffled, confused and amazed as to what is going on, in that this country
doesn't even compare to what it was just 10 years ago. I am not saying that
all people of all countries have a dislike for us, but mostly so. We would love to
stop the wars, treat people fairly and have a growing economy as we had
just a short time ago, but the elites are screwing the whole world to satisfy
them and only them. They don't care about the "little people" anymore. We the
American public are the little people that bend over for these corrupt and
morally bankrupt thugs that are ruining this country and big chunks of the world
also.

I know this is a big pipe dream and probably fantasy time, at least on my part,
but I would love to be on an even keel with the rest of the world, even those
who are rattling their sabres, beating war drums and lobbing threats at us.
Just give the American people a chance. We aren't against you, we are your
brothers and sisters and only hope for the best for this country and the rest of
the world. Our government needs a total cleansing and disinfecting party.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by endtimer]

[edit on 11-8-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Exactly

As an American, thank you for the clarification and I'm sure most countries experience something similar. The leaders rarely act altruistically, rather they cater to power and money, regardless of public opinion.

spec

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well said, I must admit that a lot of people i know feel a lot of resentment towards America (me included) but as you say, it is not the average citizen who is to blame, it is the leaders.

That could be said for a lot of countries though i think.

Why not become a British Citizen? Just about anyone can these days, and you don't even have to have any working skills or speak English.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A group of murderous gangsters has declared war on all the ordinary people of the world, and it is now imperative that we, the ordinary people, learn to all stand together as the brothers and sisters that we are - a fact which we have forgotten for too long.

The fact that too many of us did forget this has, I believe, contributed to the events which are now happening. The world is upside down. Evil people are promoted and given the highest privileges, whilst ordinary good people are being attacked more and more.

By remembering that we are all brothers and sisters, and acting on that, we begin to turn the world back around to where it should be.

We are many and together we are strong. The monsters in power have encouraged all sorts of divisions between us - religious, cultural, racial, gender, economic, social, etc, etc, because they do not want a united world. When ordinary people are united, our power is immense.

So, not only is opening our hearts and minds to each other and recognising our 'oneness' something which re-instates the natural law, it is also, under current circumstances, the most radical thing we can do, and the thing the monsters are most afraid of.

So I make a pledge to my brothers and sisters across the world that I am with you. I cherish you. I stand with you and for you wherever you are.

I pledge also that I honour mother earth, who has always given us everything we need and more. She feeds us, she provides everything we have in one way or another. Everything we have originates from mother earth. She is hurting now from so much pillaging and abuse and now we need to love and cherish her too.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Yeah, but that can be said for every country. North Korea, Iran, Palestine and Israel... the list goes on...

Why not become a British Citizen? Just about anyone can these days, and you don't even have to have any working skills or speak English.

Because it's wet and the weather is horrid

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Glad someone came forward with this. Americans obviously have their problems (pretty much all political) that are the very same as ours in Britain, and as much as I look upon the politicians and corporations decisions wi disgust on both sides of the pond, I know its not the way the average American is.

I actually really love Americans when I meet them, we're literally brothers and sisters, its just a shame that the Americans faces that are shown on tv screens and newspapers around the world are the tiny wee minority who are evil, have the means to carry out evil deeds in the name of greed, and portray the typical American as themselves but most of us know that you guys are nothing like that and your not at all different from any us (except nicer, whiter teeth lol)

So I do see a lot of American bashing but know that when its from us its usually just banter, we love ye really lol

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As an American I would like to ask the people of the other countries of the world to be aware of the fact that SOME Americans really are war mongering drooling idiots who believe everything they see on TV, totally support our horribly oppressive foreign policies, and could really care less about the people in the rest of the world.

I appreciate what the OP is trying to do, and he/she is right, not all of us are that. But I will assure you that there are indeed Americans just like the worst caricature of us. And they have babies, and make more of their kind.

Just saying. You shouldnt blanket all of us bad, but you sure cant blanket all of us good either. Stereotypes often gain traction because there is some grain of truth there.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh HELL NO! I've been to America many times. GREAT people. 10-1 if I was hitch hiking down there and needed a meal I would be provided with one. Cash too, even in these times. I do not blame the Americans for anything. It's just frustration that you can't get past the 2 party system that's screwing you, and the rest of the world.

3rd parties have to come in and they have to start somewhere. Vote in ONE Libertarian, Independent, Green, whatever into a major position. Governor or Congress. The Senate is tight right now. One 3rd party Senator could make the difference. Show the people that it's possible and there will be an avalanche of support. We KNOW you guys are screwed right now. This little step is the only way possible to take back the country.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

unless said american happens to have appeared on a show called jersey shore, then banter turns into anger and probably violence

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Please remember not to vote.

Instead of voting set something on fire in Washington. I vote to burn Washington to the ground. Good thread.

Why do the french have the only government in the world that fears it's people?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by niblo

Instead of voting set something on fire in Washington.

Good luck with that. I hope Gitmo isn't too warm for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I know the aspirations of true patriotism are outlawed trep. Still one can dream.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by niblo

Instead of voting set something on fire in Washington. I vote to burn Washington to the ground. Good thread.

Why do the french have the only government in the world that fears it's people?

They are Muslims.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I do not blame the Americans for anything.

Spend a little time in the South eastern part of the US. And while you are down here, be sure to discuss some liberal topics, like ending the war, or whatever.

I grew up and spent the majority of my life in parts of the US that were much like you describe. I too would have thought it was some twisted myth that Americans are foaming at the mouth war mongers. And then I moved to Tennessee.

Now dont get me wrong. A lot of the people here are incredibly friendly. Really, really nice people. I do not want to paint Tennessee with a broad brush. But I have heard the N-word spoken in a racist way more since I have been here than I have in my entire life to this point, including movies. I have met people who turn red when discussing evolution, and who believe in religion taking over the government. I have seen someone literally foam at the mouth, (real foam people) talking about homosexuality, and seen someone almost have a heart attack they got so angry at someone criticizing the war.

Yes, the ugly American is alive and well. You just have to know where to find them.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

They are Muslims.

Oops, wrong:

Roman Catholic 83%-88%, Protestant 2%, Jewish 1%, Muslim 5%-10%, unaffiliated 4%
overseas departments: Roman Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, pagan

www.indexmundi.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

They are Muslims

reply to post by RRokkyy

Thats crazy.

That was the fun answer but the real one is that Monarchs have lost heads there. At the hands of the people. Don't get the french worked up. They
absolutly lose thier minds. Which is obviously sometimes a good thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Endtimer- very well said. I wake up every morning as an American and I feel utter sadness,despair,rage,fear or some combination of all of them about what is happening to my country. I have never felt this way EVER until this year.
And are some Americans jerks? Yep.
Are some Eskimos jerks? Yep.
Are some Swedes jerks? Yep.
Are some American Indians jerks? Yep.
(You see my point......)
But there are also good,decent,intelligent people in all of the above as well as in any race,color,creed, nationality as well.....

(I hope all of that made sense LOL)

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Skippy1138]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Think its time that we all opened our eyes to the fact that we are all the people of planet Earth. Time to move beyond Country, and start to come together in unity to protect mother Earth!

We all need to make a stand against the people that are trying to control us, we all need to take responsibility for our actions and do all we can to bring down the establishments that seeks to inslave us all by making us work jobs to keep businesses turning over profit for their own benifit to control and keep fear in the human consciousness.

We are all the same, we are people of Earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I completely agree with the OP. However America(n) bashing is the new cool in thing. Just talk some smack about us and you get five thousand stars and three thousand flags (if you start an America(n) bashing thread)....

Wait and see. This thread will not last and will fall into the dusty thread bin because all those hating on us right now see themselves in the mirror and don't like what they see. The reflection looks to similar to how our government is acting so instead of dealing with their own issues they find it easier to hate us. Its so cool to bash Americans when you are anon on a forum

If you don't like our government, thats fine, neither do most of us but for the love of god please separate our government from American citizens.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Sensitive much? I see nothing but support for the American people here and this short lived thread already has 9 flags. You were saying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join