It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of online banking customers have accounts emptied by 'most dangerous trojan virus ever cr

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Challenging someone to hack into your accounts is a terrible idea. You have everything to lose and nothing to gain. What happened to that LifeLock guy...oh yeah he put is SSN out there and challenged hackers to have at it and guess what, they succeeded in hacking his accounts on several occasions.

LifeLock CEO Identity Stolen

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Challenging someone to hack into your accounts is a terrible idea. You have everything to lose and nothing to gain. What happened to that LifeLock guy...oh yeah he put is SSN out there and challenged hackers to have at it and guess what, they succeeded in hacking his accounts on several occasions.

LifeLock CEO Identity Stolen

Actually, you didn't think I was going to go through with it did you? I was just going to get the dude to reveal his identity to the staff, so he could be turned in as a haxxor after he tried to hack my account.
Besides, I would have set several additional traps. TA is not as dumb as he may appear sometimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think this is related to mebroot - now there's a tricky one.

Does anyone know if this Zeus has a boot loader component?

Mebroot did. First virus that EVER got me - got me a few months back when that Gaza flotilla thing went down. I went to a site posted as a site with news FROM GAZA and when I got there, it was an Israeli site and my computer sounded funny for a second and then I got a reboot.

Well, thing was, my computer started running BETTER after I got the darn thing. Faster. I wouldn't have known I had ANYTHING except for that weird reboot, and my pc sounded different when I rebooted it.

No a/v could pick it up. It was something else. Tuned my pc up for me and sat there and waited. VERY different - very professional - I'd say military grade virus.

I think this Zeus is related, but I've not had time to look into any analysis. Would love a link to a good technical analysis.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I desperately wish I knew what you guys are all talking about. I agree with the poster who said tech stuff should be taught in school.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Would love a link to a good technical analysis.

The link provided above gave me everything I needed to stop that sukka dead in its tracks. While not code-level technical, it was pretty good.

Thanks to whoever posted this

And no, I will not say what I will do to defeat it. I will say "several things I do already would have defeated it anyway."

[edit on Wed Aug 11th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This sort of thing makes me suspicious if the bank itself made it to further regulate the internet or something.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Agreed. I am only half-understanding the more technical posts, which can be more dangerous than being completely ignorant, because then I'm half-confident and try and fail miserably instead of just disregarding the information in the first place.

Though, Linux, yeah, very good stuff. Been using it since 7th grade.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well , this is one of those instances that ring true.
That truth is that most of us do not have any money anymore
anyway. It was stolen through Bad Karma long ago.

Rome is Burning,,,Lets have a Cookout.

Then, WE will become the "THEY" .

That everyone is afraid of.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Can you imagine, what if our new regime allowed a certain group to create a super-trojan that would drain everyones bank account and place it in some fund just like the one that the DOD just lost 8 Billion dollars....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I didn't see a boot loader component in that analysis.

That's a good thing. Pretty slick. Looks like they mitigated their risks of discovery to me by targeting one bank. If they'd used multiple banks, they'd increase the risk of a website redesign causing earlier discovery. JMO

I wonder though....why they went after Britian and that particular bank. Either they were familiar with that particular bank themselves, thus could recreate the code they need to push or perhaps....i'd wonder if there were an ethnic consideration?

It's must my opinion, but I'm convinced a lot of this really super cool virus/Trojan tricks are coming out of Israel, going THROUGH eastern Europe.
I wonder if like....that particular bank is popular with a particular demographic. IE Muslims. JMO....I'd look at that if I were in a position to.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think that Bill Gates must be a Banker in disguise.

Billy Gates and Steve Ballmer should be charged for crimes against the Interwebs. Lowering moral and worker productivity Micrsoft has continuously released poor and shoddy work in the form of Windows vista. This has aided the criminal in creating viruses like Zeus V3 and bending us the customers over and giving us one right in the hoop!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Adobe has been responsible for more than it's share of vulnerable software lately too. Can't forget Adobe when handing out blame.

Just sayin....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Attention to the Mods here, it is interesting that you mentioned that.
I have been experiencing "Script Errors" concerning Adobe
whenever I happily visit this site. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe
10(latest version) and still have issues with page freeze etc.
If it has to do with browser pop up block no worries. Tell us.

I allow all,so if browser censures I figure it is trying to protect me.
I get the "Adobe is running script that will slow your computers performance"
pop up frequently. Yes/no run script. I don't have this experience with other
web pages online. What is up with this ATS please explain.
I will create a thread about this if need be. If you like.

If it just has to do with your advertisements fine. If otherwise let me know.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

if i wanted to access ur bank account i could do it easily by just having ur email. will i do it? no because i dont ever want to end up in prison. and i stick to my earlier statement only idiots put important info on their computer. that goes for online accounts and buying stuff . making themselves a target

tell me its a joke.
i doubt you eventually have the intellectual abilities to button your pants.
sheesh...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Now you see why I get really pissed when websites force your computer to connect to 3rd party servers for ads or anything else. I didn't visit one website to be sent to 20 others behind the scenes.

use noscript with mozilla and chose which script you are going to allow

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The only use I've ever had for a bank, is to rob one. I hate banks, I hate bankers even more. What a joke living in America is right now. It's like
one big perplexing oxymoronic anomaly. Bye Bye Miss American Pie.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The best way to protect against people getting your password is to make your password : PASSWORD , or #pASSWORD! . lmao I recall an article stating that this made up a large percentage of peoples passwords. So , I guess you could essentially browse through Facebook accounts...see how many idiots actually make their password (PASSWORD). I would be willing to bet with all the passwords needed these days, that they use the same for their online banking, schooling, ATS account, ect. Wait...your birthdate is a good one too! No one has access to that information!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
how on earth can you brake a random key only the account owner knows
or even better a random key for every "change" you make within you account nontheless access it ,

so for you to take money from my bank account you need 3 random generated pins. only way to do it is to know the algoritm and to have access to my current key which changes after x uses . or have direct access to my files which are generated when my key is made which is pretty slim.

sheech, . .

"default" blank passwords is one thing but to run a bank with a plain id and pw system is pretty idiotic in it self ,

10-0 computers win

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Don't most hackers work for banks and other big companies to pay of there edjumacation's....Only the occasional ones that life in the basement but they have other things to do like get a job, and hack computer games and sites to change some peoples opinion about star trek, you know important stuff. The way I understand it is first you create a problem "trojan", then second you create solution...Create a wall and and people will pay you for a way around that wall, i though most of these guys work on wall street, who let them out of there cage. Anyways interesting story.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Well I am getting suspicious of this company that did the analysis. What "security" company is going to do an analysis on an exe file with a version of software that is 4 versions behind the current version, and then claim that it didn't catch the file?

Answer: A company that wants to sell you software that they have an interest in. I am calling BS on this stupid company right now.

They themselves may be the virus creators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join