It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of online banking customers have accounts emptied by 'most dangerous trojan virus ever cr

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thousands of online banking customers have accounts emptied by 'most dangerous trojan virus ever created'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Thousands of online banking customers have accounts emptied by 'most dangerous trojan virus ever created'

* Trojan is still at large and may strike again, experts warn
* Bank affected has still not been named

Cyber criminals have raided the accounts of thousands of British internet bank customers in one of the most sophisticated attacks of its kind.

The fraudsters used a malicious computer programme that hides on home computers to steal confidential passwords and account detail
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Whoa. Thank God I use protective measures on many fronts.

But this thing is sophisticated to actually alter the bank statements as well?

That means they would have to virtually control either the banking code or totally control your machine.

The latest attack involved a Trojan called Zeus v3 which hides inside adverts on legitimate websites.

Now you see why I get really pissed when websites force your computer to connect to 3rd party servers for ads or anything else. I didn't visit one website to be sent to 20 others behind the scenes.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well it appears as if since the Bankers can no longer charge their exorbitant overdraft fees they are simply Taking the LOOT right out of customers accounts !

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hi, TrueAmerican.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Now you see why I get really pissed when websites force your computer to connect to 3rd party servers. . .

I can stop this with my Firefox in Linux.

I don't know/remember for my Firefox in Win$loz. . .

Blue skies.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What? I have no money in the bank? Must have been uh, hacker... er ah, identity thie... um, a virus! Yeah, it was a computer virus! Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
glad to hear this. only a complete moron would put important information on their computer . its 2010 people. where r u going to wake up. any pc connected to the internet is hackable. no matter what firewall u have. keyloggers. backdoors.these people deserved what they got. idiots....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Could be a pretext for an internet crackdown.....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
yep, no more info on the main drive....and keyloggers transmitting and my new laptop has this tiny little hole on the lid looking at me....it's tiny, but we all know what that view port is for. i have a built-in video camera and they didn't even tell me

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zules

Great question.

Very posible it Could have been a internet RED FLAG

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i was thinking about that the other day. anyone with a built in cam can be watched if ur connected. kinda scary

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilIuminati
only a complete moron would put important information on their computer .

Psst, hey SO, you hear? You're a complete moron, according to yer pal here... How dare you put all of ATS on a computer?

Guess what, according to you, the whole entire world are complete morons... Cause just about everything is on a computer these days.

And to more specifically address this ridiculous post, I have been doing online banking for years with no troubles. But I take precautions beyond the usual...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

if i wanted to access ur bank account i could do it easily by just having ur email. will i do it? no because i dont ever want to end up in prison. and i stick to my earlier statement only idiots put important info on their computer. that goes for online accounts and buying stuff . making themselves a target

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
trueamerican i can already tell that you know nothing about the hacking world. so keep trusting those websites that are so called secure. btw just because u havent had any money missing doesnt mean #. someone coulve used ur account to access websites and to get ur social which can be sold in the black market for illegals to buy and work with.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This will surely help the markets. Geezzzz. I'm sure they wont name the bank until its under control cause everyone would pull their money out and the bank would fall...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
only way to stop a real hacker is if u.. wait there is no way to stop them lolll. why do u think cyber laws will put u away for years and government loves hackers though. everytime they find a great one they ask for the person to work for them

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

if i wanted to access ur bank account i could do it easily by just having ur email. will i do it? no because i dont ever want to end up in prison. and i stick to my earlier statement only idiots put important info on their computer. that goes for online accounts and buying stuff . making themselves a target

So not because it's wrong, but the thought of going to prison is what prevents you from being a thief!
That's sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this is what you get for using a bank, stupid. they don't get rich by being fair, think about it. they gotta make their money somehow, most likely at your expense.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

trueamerican i can already tell that you know nothing about the hacking world.

Oh you are 100% correct on that one. But I do know quite a bit about how to make a hacker quite frustrated at getting into my machine, and move on to easier targets.

And I will take your challenge, for $100. We will both send $100 to Springer, SO, or Crackeur, your choice, to hold in "escrow". I will provide you with my email, which can be verified through the admins. I will give you one entire day (24 hours) to hack into my bank account. I will provide no other other information, and also, pay careful attention, I will not check my email during that 24 hour period, much less open any email from anyone.

You ready to put your money where your mouth is?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Oh, it's on! Careful there. "h4x0rs" have big egos these days. Not like the old days when you didn't try to impress people with your coding knowledge. I can't wait to see how this turns out...

Anyway, I agree with you. Online banking is fine as long as you're not dumb. This is a fluke of an attack which is easily traceable and will be fixed easily. Everyone's money will be restored since they should have a robust backup and logging system.

Or we could just all hide inside a little box for the rest of our lives because something bad might happen...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have the best safeguard for this.

Don't do banking on line.

And if you are doing banking on line keep all your banking information on a thumb drive and not your hard drive.
Then you only plug in the thumb drive when you are doing banking business.,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join