It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McNugget Rage do you like living in america?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sometimes people tend to forget that people working in restaurants, stores etc are people just like you. They become products of a great whole instead of an individual and get treated as such.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I didn't ever say that you should like people insulting you. I'm saying it means nothing in the scheme of things. Words only have the power over you that you let them have. No words are worth getting into a fight over as far as I'm concerned, short of a threat, which is another story entirely.

*edit*

you can not let words hurt you,but they still dont have a right to do it,and you still dont need to put up with it. theyr not better then you..

Actually, in America, they do have the right to insult you. It may not be polite, or any other number of things that you can say about it, but it certainly is not illegal. I agree with the rest, you certainly don't have to put up with it, you can walk away at any time and they are definitely not better than you.

As far as the rest of your edit, well if someone is physically attacking you, you obviously have every right to defend yourself and pummel that person.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Pimpish]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i still think that people should be prepared to be assaulted if they insult a person without any reason,but yes it depends,i wont usualy start jumping at some punk on the street just because he called "hey homo!"
but after so many years of angry life here i might snap too,its not really only about that,its about not letting arrogant people mock you,or getting away with it.
like an old good thread about learning to say "NO" the power of "NO"
so many people use it all the time to forbid you things,why do you always have to agree and be walked upon?
for myself i cant really say im the type of person who will attack someone over an insult. i dont like to fight and hurt people. maybe your place is nicer where you live i dont know,but i know there are people who can get ampt from what we are talking about,and they need the help

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
oh and yes,i worked in a chinese restaurant for one night. even made a 10$ tip,and im not even a girl (pretty impressive) and afcourse the drunked old dude called me "harry poter" but since he was drunken and having a good time and later tipped me and talked to me asking me about myself i guess he didnt knew better then making fun of people with glasses so i guess he we were cool.
and the entire night i managed jumping around and running taking 1000000 orders with a smile on my face,i wasnt mean to people,and i wasnt faking it,i didnt mind making people having a good time because im a nice person.

so why cant other people be nice to customers while i can huh?
maybe they need to loose theyr job,so someone younger and happyer to work can get a chance to earn money by doing a better job
thats the stuff!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

A cup of hot french fry grease would have definitely done the trick!

However, if it were me (heavens forbid--i EVER have to work at mcdonalds) I would have just walked away and never said a word. Stupid people don't get attention from me.

link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Just out of curiousity, how old are you? I'm going to guess you're still in your teens.

Who really cares if people mock you or what they think of you? Does that change who you are? If someone thinks you're a "homo" does that mean you would have to go home and take it from behind? No, so why care if they think that? If someone is arrogant, does that someone change who you are?

I can see if it's a good friend or someone you know well saying things like that to you where you could get upset, but a stranger? Come on, why put any weight into anything they have to say?

I hate to break it to you, but here in America if you physically attacked someone because of an insult, there's a pretty good chance you would be facing charges.

link   

so why cant other people be nice to customers while i can huh?
maybe they need to loose theyr job,so someone younger and happyer to work can get a chance to earn money by doing a better job
thats the stuff!

Sounds to me like the perfect drone of the system. I'm sure there will always be a job for you, no worries.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
so im a drone of the system if im nice to people?
oh am i supposed to spit on them and treat them as unwelcome?
and no i dont plan to spend all my life working for someone,i never will.
but why should i treat customers badly? because i had a bad day?
my bad day will get fixed if i have a nice conversation with someone,i feel better.
im in my early 20'est.and yes i may be overemotional (no i wont usualy attack someone just because he insulted me,i will usualy ignore it the first time)
but i am trying to tell people to stand up for themselfs and dont let arrogant people hurt them. and its pretty annoyng when everyone wants to play the "immature card" okey im immature for thinking like a hothead,but i stand strong behind treat people as they treat you. thats the only way to exterminate people who contribute only pain and suffering to the society.

and about the drone...really? when i was slacking off at my ex-job i wasnt a drone then?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
no really,that drone thing is just insulting!
people in europe get payed good salaryes, and they treat the customer with respect because thats theyr job! if they treat someone bad,they loose a customer,and they get fired,because theres another 2 people waiting inline for the job who are nicer. that dosnt mean let the crazy lady attack you. that means dont treat clients like you dont want them.
maybe you guys should come to bulgaria and see how mature you are where every store and shop you enter treats you like your criminals and everyone driving a car will want to run you over.
but hey making fun of me for being nice to clients,its not my problem bro,im living in europe,fix yourselfs!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think something is lost in the culture exchange. Here we're not so unhappy to lose a bad customer, and managers will generally back us up if a person doesn't deserve that golden treatment they otherwise receive. Jobs are not so scarce that we have to paste a plastic smile on all day long in the service industry ... and perhaps you'd be surprised how many grumpy waiters/waitresses I've met in my life. It doesn't even bother me ... at least they're keeping it real.

I'm generally a nice guy myself; there's no problems dealing with people. But let's face it, not every customer deserves perfect service, and few humans go through life without a bad day once in a while.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
oh you have me there,a bad customer deserves to be treated bad,you cant expect to put up with humiliating treating just because "the customer is always right". i guess it depends on the country and its hard to smile if you had 10 clients who ruined your day but then again we dont have to put up with it,and just get a nicer job as soon as we can.
yes if i owned a store,and see a customer treating my employee badly i would BAN the customer from the store,i wont tolerate bad arrogant customers,they are the same type we are talking about,just as the crazy female
thanks for the nice reply you know,i guess you though i dont mind being treated bad,o i sure do,but i just dont need to act bad to polite customers.
as for nuggets,theyr so filled with chemicals and silly putty,no wonder an unstable woman likes them,trash eats trash xD

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OK, my 0.2cens worth, I work in a service area too, we have "Special" clients (veterinary field). They ask for things that we really don't have time for but I have to remain calm and explain why. Most of the time they understand and are fine.

However, my fiancee and I were at a McD's one night in the drive-thru, the car in front placed an order and a 7-10 year old kid popped his head out the back window and BLASTED the microphone. "I want it the way I want it GD it! Extra napkins too! You better get it right you B!" I actually apoligized when I got to the window. NO ONE should have to put up with that no matter if a street sweeper or a CEO. Period. No discussion. If you are wrong, that is your bosses job to call you on the carpet.

ETA I won't get you a cup of coffee if you demand it, ask probably.

ETA2 I really do care about the patient and the cleint is always welcome but I'm all about my patient and what WE can do. It's a team effort all the way around.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by hoagy1199]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And to think all of this could have been avoided had Mc Donalds
properly stocked & supplied their establishment.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am eternally grateful that I was born an American. This is a wonderful country to live in as long as you follow a few simple rules.

1) Always refer to law enforcement officials as "Sir" or "Ma'am"

2) Pay your taxes properly and on time.

3)Own TONS of stuff, as it kind of goes with the gig

4) Never, under any circumstances, EVER mess with anyones freaking McNuggets!

It's just not that complicated!

*edited because my fingers are rebellious and refuse to type what I tell them to*

[edit on 8/11/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wanna see some rage - close every McDonalds on earth

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
why would i need to own tons of stuff?
i know there is no need for an answer i just do but still?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wendy's is so much better

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Hee hee, now that says it all huh?!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'd bet you a million she was on prozac or any other FDA lifestyle meds...

terrible reflection of the times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join