It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter follows literal bible intepration for one year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Already did answer. I guess you don't take time to read any of the replies in this forum, do you?

I could quote you but I'm too lazy at the moment.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I question it because it's not what Jesus said, it's what one of his apostles said. Jesus said all the laws are not to be interpreted. That means you can't pick and choose, they are still active. You stated they aren't, that's why I asked if then the ten commandments are no longer valid and it's no longer a sin to murder and rape.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I read it and saw it as the usual weak and vague "cop-out" which is just an effortless excuse, NOT a VALID answer to the thread.

So, are you keeping that answer which SOLIDIFIES my view that Christians CHERRY PICK the good and IGNORE the bad? That reply strengthens my statement and view!!

Would you like to TRY again, or are you going to stick with that USUAL cop-out of an answer??

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Well I'm pleased you took the time to read it, and I understood you would of course feel it was weak. Your signature pretty much puts it out there. You dont have to agree with me. I am happy you are exercising your free will. I am also just exercising my free will. Have a problem with free will?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by DISRAELI

I question it because it's not what Jesus said, it's what one of his apostles said. Jesus said all the laws are not to be interpreted. That means you can't pick and choose, they are still active. You stated they aren't, that's why I asked if then the ten commandments are no longer valid and it's no longer a sin to murder and rape.

I'm still puzzled, then.
If you don't, yourself, hold that all the laws should be followed literally, why on earth are you so intent on trying to make us take that position?

I've checked my guidance of the Spirit, and the answer was that rape is still objectionable.
I've checked my guidance of the Spirit, and the answer was that murder is still objectionable.
So I'm still avoiding these things. But I'm no longer citing the Law of Moses as my reason for avoiding them. OK?

In the Christian understanding, Paul himself was under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus himself sent to guide us. That's good enough for me.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

*ROLLS EYES* THE USUAL REPLY!!

And the usual INSULT.

Just the norm, just as I had POSTED EARLIER!!

So predictable. SAD!!

And THANKS! You just PROVEN everything I had said in earlier posts!!! This question of Christians CHERRY PICKING never gets answered!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Insult? where's the insult at?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Insult of my sig, dont play clever. How about answering the QUESTION OF CHRISTIANS AND CHERRY PICKING??? Are you wasting time or are you going to attempt to DEFEND your faith with a VALID reply??

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

I already answered the OP. No reason to defend my point of view. Its what I believe, no more or no less. Again, you dont have to agree. I didn't insult your sig, I acknowledged that I was full aware of its implications. Never did I call you a name or judge you for using it. We are both exercising free will here. Whats the problem again?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im going to go stone me some adulterers this afternoon.

Anyone want to come?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The PROBLEM IS that there seems to be NO VALID answers out there to the question in this thread of Christians and cherry picking. If you find your answer a suitable one in regards to the topic, than thats your option. But to me it answers NOTHING.

So I will waste no further time going around in circles with you. I await a decent answer on this topic, but will not hold my breath. Good day.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Fair enough, the answer didn't suit you. Hopefully one day you will find that answer as it seems to be an important question for you. Live and let live, man.
Let the freedom rain! Good day to you too.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Why is it Christians now ignore the majority of laws in the bible?

Mostly because it's an over 2000 year old book...and as I'm sure you're aware, perception and knowledge increases in time, and many things relevant or correct 2000 years ago aren't anymore today.

I mean, if you buy the latest i7 core desktop computer, you don't go look at the manual of your old Amiga to figure out how things work...common sense really.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy in here somewhere?

Other than an attempt to show the alleged hypocrisy of Christians, does this thread serve any other purpose?

Is there a reason why this isn't moved to BTS?

Eric

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Are you so dense that you really have to ask why Christians don't stone adulterers, withches, necromancers> You can't possibly think of a reason,
Christians don't chop off, a ball grabbers hands anymore? Really?

Did it occur to you, that if that was the case, that would then be the main
bitch in this thread of ignorance? I mean really.

Thread needs a lil touch-up.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by randyvs]

*mod edit - toned down offensive word*

[edit on 8/12/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I still want to know why he ignored where Jesus said the mosaic laws were written by moses, not God. Man abusing authority given to him.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Are you so dense that you really have to ask why Christians don't stone adulterers, withches, necromancers> You can't possibly think of a reason,
Christians don't chop off, a ball grabbers hands anymore? Really?

Did it occur to you, that if that was the case, that would then be the main
BITCH in this thread. of ignorance? I mean really.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by randyvs]

*ROLLS EYES AGAIN* *SIGH* *SIGH*

More nonsense that doesn't attempt to answer the questions!!!

WHY NOT JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION??

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Post removed. It was useless head banging against the wall by myself.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by EricD]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join