It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian men swapped at birth work, live together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Brazilian men swapped at birth work, live together

www.usatoday.com

SAO PAULO (AP) — Two years back, Dimas Aliprandi and Elton Plaster didn't know of each other's existence. Then they learned they had been accidentally switched at birth more than 20 years ago.

The discovery didn't bring bitterness or recrimination. Rather, it led to the creation of a bigger family.

Today, the two 25-year-olds are living and working together with both sets of parents growing vegetables and coffee on a small farm in southeastern Brazil.

The chain of events started with Aliprandi, who was always intrigued that he did not resemble the four sisters he grew up with.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just thought this was a perfect example of the "feel good Story" that shows people that sometimes good things arise out of bad situations. It is far too common for people in this situation or similar to react negatively, refusing to even meet the person that may be their child because they are afraid to lose the one they already have. My family has gone through a similar situation in where my grandfather had an affair and had a child with another women besides his wife. Our family found out 27 years after the fact and this women and her son were welcomed with open arm's to join in our family, and we gained an uncle, a brother, and a son. My uncle related to me that he was shocked at our invitation and thought the worst when his search for his biological father ended with a married man with 5 kids that had an affair, he felt that my grandfather would ignore his request to meet with him. He was completely floored when his 5 siblings and his father came to meet him a few days after contact was made. I hope this story and mine is remembered by anyone who will come to face these types of "problems" in the future, or the ones that are dealing with them now

Sorry to the mods I know this isn't breaking alternative news, but when I click submit general news it takes me to an error page and other than that I don't know how to change which section I submit in.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-8-2010 by DrunkNinja]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Does ATS really need a recap of every lame story that is in the media? Or does it enrich our lives somehow?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's a beautiful story and not lame at all.
At least it's real and not completely made up bs.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Does ATS really need a recap of every lame story that is in the media? Or does it enrich our lives somehow?

It just goes to show that contrary to what all the different forms of media would have you believe, not all the world consists solely of hatred, fear-mongering, disaster and human depravity.
If you can't appreciate it, have the maturity and decency to move on elsewhere.
Surely a positive story here and there, very, very rarely hardly constitutes "a recap of every lame story."

To the OP, thank you for sharing a wonderful story and giving us a welcome diversion from the gluttony of doom & gloom we're inundated with these days.

top topics

join