It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was invited to join the masons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon
Orangemonkey,

I believe your question was answered above, there seems to be some regions that do invite people, and some that don't.

Leigon,

The reason i have not done any internet research is i want the truth. I prefer to ask for info on this directly as there is obviously a bunch of misleading info out on it.
I think that is a wise choice. A few things I would like to point out to you, if I may. 1. Look at the men that make up your local lodge, and type of people they are in the community. 2. Look at the orginizations the Masons align themselfs up with, or created, and what those orginizations do. 3. Was your grandfather a good man?

I know this doesn't answer specific questions, but I came to my conclusion pretty much doing it this way. Actions speak louder then words. And by all accounts, when I researched Freemasonry, they act the way they say they are. Hope this gives you a few extra ideas to look into. Good luck.

Interesting i now see it a lot clearer i have just never been associated with a organized group. It is easy to spot who speak the truth and those that are well... just the norm.

I am planning on meeting up with this man and now i have a few good questions.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I specifically asked the committee this evening if any area of masonic practice was by invitation, and the answer is no. Free will was given to man by the creator, and free will it must be this does not change by region.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
I specifically asked the committee this evening if any area of masonic practice was by invitation, and the answer is no. Free will was given to man by the creator, and free will it must be this does not change by region.

As I stated before: not in the UK.
We do things differently.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Each Grand Lodge has the right to establish the policies and conditions under which new members may be approached or not. In my Grand Lodge invitation or solicitation is forbidden however we have "Masonic Awareness Nights" were the public can either walk in, or in some cases we invite a specific group that tends to become members (i.e. police, firefighters, and military) and the real secret group is college fraternities (once a year we invite graduating fraternity members to attend to inform them about their fraternal origins and the opportunities of an "adult" fraternity). This is not considered an invitation by are standards but there could be a GL that would see it differently, further debunking the myth of world domination.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Are all police , firefighteres and millitary personel invited or just certain ones?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So..

Can a Hindu join?
Can a Muslim join?
Can a Sikh join?
Can blacks join?
Can gays join?

What are the limitations?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Candidates must be male, at least 18years of age (this age may be different in different jurisdictions, so you would need to check the requirements in the area you live in), you must have a belief in God or Supreme Being, and of good moral character.

If you can meet those requirements, then it does not matter what religion, race, etc, etc that you are.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just to reiterate what JCMIJ said better:

Originally posted by seesaw
Can a Hindu join?
Can a Muslim join?
Can a Sikh join?
Can blacks join?
Can gays join?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok, to mak eit even shorter than AK and simpler

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Just to reiterate what JCMIJ said better:

Can a Hindu join?
Can a Muslim join?
Can a Sikh join?
Can blacks join?
Can gays join?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i don't want to be put through someone ELSE's graduated, step-by-step plan for bringing me to enlightenment, or whatever it is the highest-ranking masons boast to themselves about having.

involvement with the masons is just one way to attain advanced knowledge....neither they nor any other "secret" society corner the market on such things.

actually, some of the most "secret" truth is hidden in plain sight.....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
on the search for light... I would be very interested in seeing any evidence you may have to support the claim that Masonry MAKES that claim...

Thanks. though...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
i don't want to be put through someone ELSE's graduated, step-by-step plan for bringing me to enlightenment,

Actually, step-by-step would be the way to go. Whether through Masonry or another group, it seems enlightenment is a gradual process best achieved by following in the footstep of someone who has attained the light.
Going it on your own seems more like stumbling around in the dark.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Masonry does not say it will BRING EVERYONE to enlightenment. Masonry is a fraternal organization of men with like ideas. Masonry guides people to learn about nature, science, life, themselves, etc. If someone reaches enlightenment through the ideal of masonry, then that is great and wonderful. If not, they may achieve it on their own or not at all. Masonry is not a religion and does not pretend to be.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

i don't want to be put through someone ELSE's graduated, step-by-step plan for bringing me to enlightenment, or whatever it is the highest-ranking masons boast to themselves about having.

Actually, Masonry gives a man the "keys" to enlightenment but it's up to him to open the door, so to speak... The Lodge itself doesn't enlighten...but a Mason must find enlightenment for himself with the help of Masonry, if he chooses so to do. There are MANY un-enlightened Masons. And, you said it right with your first word..."personally" Masonry isn't for everyone and there IS light elsewhere.

Sincerely

df1

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

i don't want to be put through someone ELSE's graduated, step-by-step plan for bringing me to enlightenment...

When I graduated for college in the mid-70s I felt the same as you, preferring my own path to enlightenment over that of a group. While I have no regrets over my choice and have learned alot, I have now become interested in joining the masons. I seem to have come to a personal realization that some enlightenment I can not achieve by myself. Perhaps this is unique to myself and will never be significant to you, but I would suggest that you leave all doors open. I can guarantee to you that your experiences will change you and the things around you will change. I hope you find all of the enlightenment you require.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

involvement with the masons is just one way to attain advanced knowledge....neither they nor any other "secret" society corner the market on such things.

actually, some of the most "secret" truth is hidden in plain sight.....

The Temple of all Truth is your heart. But every journey may teach you something new. The destination is your decision, but how can you arrive at the destination without the journey.

In my experience Masonry means something different to each mason I know, that is where its stregth is, allowing each man to find the path he chooses, that Victor IS the enlightenment, the fact that its all your decision.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So..

Can a Hindu join?
Can a Muslim join?
Can a Sikh join?
Can blacks join?
Can gays join?

In the words of Rudyard Kipling:

""I was Secretary for some years of Hope and Perseverance Lodge No. 782, E.C. Lahore which included Brethren of at least four creeds. I was entered by a member of Bramo Somaj, a Hindu; passed by a Mohammedan, and raised by an Englishman. Our Tyler was an Indian Jew."

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...

If I wanted to be a mason, I'd have to find a local lodge.. go there, tell 'someone?' I'm interested in joining, answer 3 questions and then what? Is there a correct 'time' of the day to go, or do I just go to the lodge whenever I feel im ready to ask?

What do Mason ultimatly do? I mean, from my understanding, you can't just 'quit' the mason.. so if they are involved in things that do not fit my persona, or I think is completely useless, I can't just stop going?

Can I get a trail seminar? ;p

Also, do I have to go to every meeting? Or will I ultimatly 'want' to go to every meeting? What if my work schedule doesnt allow me to be at every meeting?

And again.. What do Mason's do..

I'm slightly interested in the Mason, but what they do is so vague that it sorta scares me off..

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
So let me get this straight...
If I wanted to be a mason, I'd have to find a local lodge.. go there, tell 'someone?' I'm interested in joining, answer 3 questions and then what? Is there a correct 'time' of the day to go, or do I just go to the lodge whenever I feel im ready to ask?

If you know when your local Lodge meets, you could go there early, introduce yourself, and talk to the members, letting them know your interest.
If you do not know when they meet, you can email the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of your jurisdiction. He would be happy to have someone in your local area contact you.

What do Mason ultimatly do? I mean, from my understanding, you can't just 'quit' the mason.. so if they are involved in things that do not fit my persona, or I think is completely useless, I can't just stop going?

Masonry is of course a voluntary fraternal association. A member can quit anytime he wants. He can do this by submitting a letter of resignation, or simply by stopping his payment of annual dues.
All Masons are encouraged to attend their Lodge, as well as visit other Lodges, but are not expressly required to do such. Most Lodges meet once per month for the transaction of business. Other meetings are routinely held, such as degree conferrals, ladies night banquets, fundraisers for charity, and other special events. Most Lodges periodically present programs and events that are open to the entire family and general public.

Also, do I have to go to every meeting? Or will I ultimatly 'want' to go to every meeting? What if my work schedule doesnt allow me to be at every meeting?

It is hoped that you would want to attend as much as possible. Few Lodges meet more than a couple of times per month, so it shouldn�t be a strain to attend regularly.
As for work schedules, this sometimes prevents Brothers from attending regularly, especially if they work second shift. My Lodge normally schedules degree ceremonies and special events on the weekend, when most members do not have to work.

And again.. What do Mason's do..
I'm slightly interested in the Mason, but what they do is so vague that it sorta scares me off..

In general, Masonry is a fraternal society, dedicated to enlightened education, good fellowship, and civic charities. All Lodges have adopted the same principles, perform more or less the same ceremonies of initiation, etc. However, individual Lodges have different programs; this would be a good question to ask the membership committee of the Lodge you�re applying to, as they could give you specifics on what that particular Lodge is currently doing.

There are also many great Masonic websites that can give you more info; here�s just a few:

www.mastermason.com...
www.srmason-sj.org...
www.yorkrite.com...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Asking one to join the Fraternity is not done. To join, YOU must ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join