It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alien Move: Skyline (Predictive Programming)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As with many movies that have come out there has been a great amount of predictive programming for the masses.

'Knowing' for example with the oil spill...Coincidence? I think not!

Now there is a movie coming out in November of this year called Skyline. There is not much to the preview but I'm sure you can get the basic hint that we should FEAR aliens if they were to invade....

Here's the trailer, let me know what you think.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by berrygurrl]

Mod Edit: URL correction.

[edit on 11/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[edit on 11-8-2010 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Excellent! Although I do think this is more of hollywood making money off of the hype around planet x/2012.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OH snap! I can't wait to see this movie! It shall be awesome!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Stephan hawking has said for years, it may not be the best idea to be broadcasting our location into space like a giant beacon (which we have been doing since the 40's)

Who knows what is out there...and who knows how happy they will be to see us.

Either they are a peaceful species that has come to their own world peace and has decided to put a global effort into space exploration...

...or they are the race on their homeworld that happened to kill off all the other races to take it over and now they are looking for a new playground.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often think people are surprised by aliens or 2012 or the end of the world popping up in movies because they think they are the only ones who have heard of this stuff... nope...its infiltrated mainstream news now, everyone knows about 2012, so when that kind of stuff pops up in a movie its not because they are trying to mass manipulate or leak information...its because the writer just happened to be interested in said topic when he wrote the screenplay.

link   
Uh, it's just another movie.
I've been hearing about how "they" are preparing us for "disclosure" since Close Encouners of the Third Kind came out. That was what, 1977?
That was 33 YEARS AGO!
Guys, it's show business, fiction, profit!
Again, about as important as a Swiffer commercial!

link   
Unfortunatly that is not really too far from the truth. The ones that muddled in the human genome did so to make themselves better soldiers and they want to test out how well their experiment is doing. Regardless of their technological advancement.

On the plus side, a planet engulfed in alien ships is wonderful to see from the surface.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Pardon me for not knowing this...
but what's the connection between the movie Knowing and the Gulf oil spill?

Oil spills happen (and have happened in the past -- big ones, even). It's not that amazing for a movie to include mentions of oil spills before one occurs. Plus -- in the grand timescale of the earth, and even Human civilization -- the Gulf oil spill is barely a hiccup.

This movie is simply Hollywood cashing in on what happens to be on the minds of moviegoers -- nothing else.

Originally posted by OldDragger
...Again, about as important as a Swiffer commercial!

Oh -- but perhaps the Aliens that TPTB are hiding from us look like
"Old-fashioned brooms and mops", and these commercials are just preparing us for that inevitable disclosure.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Look up "knowing oil spill" on youtube that will explain it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Is the sound messed up for anyone else?

I wish the movie hinted at any bit of originality that would make this anything more than the typical alien invasion flick.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What's the betting that in good old Hollywood style, humans will prevail regards that we are obviously, from the trailer, less intelligent, out-gunned, technologically behind the visitors and to all intents and purposes irrelevant....

Maybe the new visitors / owners of planet Earth might have a little more respect for the planet than we do !!!!! Interesting trailer, shall probably watch it and then worry about the chances of Alien Invasion..... god I'm becoming so predictable...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

top topics

join