It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's Vacation Days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by conspiracy nut

yeah im all for vactions that means he aint in the office screwing this coiuntry up even more

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

That's It I think we should all start paying a 1 dollar a week Obama Vacation tax...So he never has to work... that's one Tax increase that we all can dig. It well satisfy everybody the people who hate him,(to keep him away).. and the people who still love him ( because he deserves it, for working so hard). We can all agree on one thing Obama should take more time off.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

agreed thats real bipartinship in action

[edit on 12-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
ONLY 26 days in his first year? Most working folks get 7-14 IF THEY"RE LUCKY. A good many more including myself have had 0 paid days of vacation. Last time I got any paid vacation time was back in 1999.
I think Presidents should work as many days as most Americans do.
To be generous I'll give him 2 weeks. That's all!

Call me crazy but I do like my world leaders to be able to take some time off from the stress of, you know leading the world. Being the President Of the United States is quite a bit more stressful than the average office job.

Notice how much a president visibly ages through their term, 4 years in office makes you look 10 years older, that's stress doing that. I also work in a field where a normal 9 to 5 is unheard of, and I get considerable vacation time for that. However, like the president, journalists can get called back at a moments notice to cover something big if a story were to happen.

Unlike the president though when I am taking my fall vacation next month I won't be constantly in the public eye, or working over my week in Scotland. The president does not have this luxury. I'll be able to sleep in, go hiking when I want, fishing on my own schedule and truly relax. Even when on vacation the president cannot do these things because he is still the president.

Now if President Obama (or any other president for that matter) were to name his VP in charge and drop off the map for a period of time, that would be a real vacation, and I would say it was rather irresponsible actually.

So Obama gets more time away from the office than you or I do, but he never gets to stop being the President Of The United States, I think that's a very fair trade off really.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Presidential "vacation days" are a non-issue.

The president is never truly on "vacation". He is always a phone call away, always ready for business, and always ready to be whisked away at the slightest national security concern.

The fact is that presidents work extremely hard under very stressful conditions (just look at how much they age in one term of office), and taking 27 vacation days in a year is basically nothing for them. The president is on duty 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Just because they are in a different location than the whitehouse does not mean that at any moment they are off-the-job.

How many of you can say that about your 9-5's?

(And BTW, this is not meant to be partisan in any way. I am referring to all presidents, not just Obama or Bush, so please do not assume I am.)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A Day in the Life of Obama's White House via NBC

It seems that the president wakes up, eats breakfast, works out, sees his children off to school then starts his day around 9 or 9:30. Watch the rest of the video if you're really that interested.

Oh, before I forget, federal employees get 30 days off per calendar year. However the president is still doing presidential stuff in his time off, I wouldn't much enjoy having to take and make phone calls and give interviews or sign various papers in addition to getting woken up in the middle of the night in the off-chance he has to authorize some discreet assassination of some high-profile terrorist on the other side of the world.

That's not much of a vacation.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

like i stated in an earlier post, i would like to become an equal oppurtunity political basher. i'm working on this.

so im wondering if you and all the obama bashers had the same feelings when bush was dragging our constitution through the mud. did you feel the same when he lied to us about wmd? how about when he took us into afghanistan to fight the war on terror when the real bad guys were in saudi arabia and pakistan? i'm sorry but i feel that obama is the much lesser of 2 evils, as much as people want to bash him, i think he is actually doing a good job considering the disaster that was handed over to him by bush. according to some theorists on here america should have been completly dismantled now because of obama. yet we are still alive and kicking albeit on life support lol...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join