It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's Vacation Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010
Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

SOURCE

I just wanted to post this for all the Obama bashers that keep complaining about Obama's "vacation time". I just found it ironic how the conservative presidents spent more time on vacation according to this study. Ironic because it seems the conservatives on this site and across the nation view democrats as lazy and inferior.

It seems these types sat idly by while Bush Jr was destroying the world view of our country. Now these types want to blame everything on Obama or Illegal Aliens.

I think it has more to do with the wars, that i feel have more to do with oil and political domination in the middle east, think about it we have a strong military presence in the middle east that is within striking distance to Europe, Africa and Russia.

We need to stand up to the red state, blue state nonsense and look at the big picture! Its all about domination of resources and political influence throughout the world. Red State, Blue State nonsense is just a way to keep us divided and conquered.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Conservatives can suck it!

I'm sure someone will try and spin this in the other direction.
quick keep an eye on breitbart!

j/k.

star and flag for you.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by grey580]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ONLY 26 days in his first year? Most working folks get 7-14 IF THEY"RE LUCKY. A good many more including myself have had 0 paid days of vacation. Last time I got any paid vacation time was back in 1999.
I think Presidents should work as many days as most Americans do.
To be generous I'll give him 2 weeks. That's all!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i currently get 4 weeks paid vacation next yr it goes up to 6 weeks. in parts of europe i hear that 4 day work weeks and 6 weeks vacation is normal. plus their productivity and benefits are better, go figure? i'm down with that!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i currently get 4 weeks paid vacation next yr it goes up to 6 weeks. in parts of europe i hear that 4 day work weeks and 6 weeks vacation is normal. plus their productivity and benefits are better, go figure? i'm down with that!

Is this way the Euro in Italy, Spain and Greece are going down the toilet?
Poland is the ONLY country showing growth!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You say we should stand up versus the Red State Vs. Blue State crap, but this very thread is an extension of it.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It seems these types sat idly by while Bush Jr was destroying the world view of our country.

Why do you think Dubya could take the vacation time that he did? He wasn't running anything. Just a figurehead. He just did as he was told. You can do that as well from Texas or Maine as you could from the White House.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
wow did you forget the illegal aliens "mexican" who waited to crush his car to some passing expensive car,so that the officer would make the victim pay to the mexican fix-up money because the mexican had no documents in him,xaxaax wow really

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Give Poland time.

They are still a developing nation in large parts of the country.

They will catch up to the rest of the PIGS soon enough

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
[edit on 11-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
wow did you forget the illegal aliens "mexican" who waited to crush his car to some passing expensive car,so that the officer would make the victim pay to the mexican fix-up money because the mexican had no documents in him,xaxaax wow really

....i did not follow one single line in that post.

And still cannot figure out how this, even remotely, relates to the thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I just wanted to post this for all the Obama bashers that keep complaining about Obama's "vacation time". I just found it ironic how the conservative presidents spent more time on vacation according to this study.

Another thing to consider about the Presidents job is it is not 9-5, 5 days a week, it is more likely 8-10, 7 days a week.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
there was a thread not long time ago about this,about a mexican who crashed his car into another intentionaly,he was waiting to smash his car into someone.
and he had no documents,and the cop who came made the victim pay the mexican money for the dent in his car.
and it relates because immigrants like this ruin your country
get it now man?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

what about the countries like france and denmark? they have some of the best social benefits in the world. plus their people are happier and healthier.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

there are plenty of undocumented bulgarians here too.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I love Obama apologists threads.

Does an appearance on "The View", while turning down an offer to speak to the Boy Scouts during their 100th anniversay celebration, count as a vacation day?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

you are exactly right, i admit my biases, i wish to move away from them and become an equal oppurtunity hater lol. i would much rather condemn both parties at this point. although i still find myself sticking up for obama. i admire different values from both parties, at the same time i realize they are both disgustingly corrupt.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

thats because you probably read the thread title and were hoping to read an obama bashing thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It isn't the fact he is on Vacation, it's that he seems to have no real grasp on how badly His Jet setting looks when Millions are struggling to just get by.
I for one would like to see him take more vacation time, If he is somewhere else... then he isn't working.

as far as George Bush taking more vacation time, it is simply untrue...
he spent a lot of time at his ranch... but he worked more hours.. GW started work at 7 every morning, and Obama gets started at what 9:30

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

yeah it must be really tiring spending all that cash and blaming bush for everything

please by all means let mr obama take his much needed respites.

we all know we dont want a cranky president who know what he might do.

yeah im all for vactions that means he aint in the office screwing this coiuntry up even more

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join