It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group raising money to buy guns for Pinal County sheriff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Arizona is getting serious............

Group raising money to buy guns for Pinal County sheriff

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's not like Rick Perry didn't try, meeting Obama at the airport.

Obamunism just doesn't want to do the job.

Video: Obama Refuses Border Security Letter from Rick Perry

hotair.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
you know, i talk a lot of crap about police....but ill never run my mouth off about pinal county sheriffs department. hats off to all those guys.

the article says that most of the officers with semi-automatic weapons had to purchase themselves...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you read the article you will see that citizens in all states and countries can donate online to helping the deputies to be better armed.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thought you might like to know that Boondock saint had a thread about this very thing a week or 2 ago. click here please

Turns out that the justice foundation (and the link within the link doesn't work) is for LEGAL defense, not guns.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Thought you might like to know that Boondock saint had a thread about this very thing a week or 2 ago. click here please

Thanks...I will circulate this video far and wide as well.......

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's just so completely BOGUS! Everything in the article is about guns, as it was on the other thread too. But they only use the $$ for lawsiut defense. It's an extremely misleading campaign they are running.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What do you call a thousand citizens without gun?

A mass grave in a country invaded by a Communist dictator.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Don't misunderstand me. I'm perfectly ok with owning guns. And it really disturbs me to say this, but I think the cops SHOULD have better guns there. Did you read the other thread?? It's all about begging $$$ from the already overburdened taxpayers. And the fact that the ads they're using to solicit $$$ are terribly deceiving.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Free UPS Shipping. Buy your sheriff a new rifle or shotgun and have it shipped to his or her office.

Welcome to Southwest Weapons & Accessories
www.southwestweapons.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There ya go! Now, change the title to your thread and get it out there man!! Good luck!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is relatively common nationwide. most agencies issue their officers/deputies/troopers/agents with a agency issued pistol but if they wish to carry a rifle or shotgun on patrol (if the agency's regulations even allow it) then they must purchase it with their own money.

In the NYPD for example, only officers assigned to to the Highway Patrol Bureau (NYPD Highway Patrol officers work solo as opposed to in pairs/groups as is the norm in the NYPD) and certain specialized detective squads are issued shotguns. Only officers assigned to the Emergency Services Unit and Tactical Response Teams are issued with rifles, submachine guns, etc.

In my local police department, only patrol supervisors (ex. sergeants and lieutenants) carry tazers and AR-15 rifles in their vehicles. Officers assigned to the Emergency Services Section also have access to tazers, the AR-15, shotguns, and the H&K MP5 submachine gun as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by textex

im left wondering why he didnt goto local merchants first its their butts on the line as everyone elses....

some merchants would be able to give little bit more than the average cititzen.

im not fond of the idea of a semi auto vs ak-47 either. they are still outgunned

acutally these guys should be getting flir,nvgs,m-4s,milspec body armor the whole deal

im also left wonder why the state isnt helping these guys out they do pay their share of taxes.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
An important point to remember is that law enforcement officers can also be federally licensed to sell weapons.

Also, there is no Constitutionally legal mandate forcing American citizens to purchase either ObamaCare National Health insurance, or guns.

But I have no personal qualms about guying a gun.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

im left wondering why he didnt goto local merchants first its their butts on the line as everyone elses....

From what I understand, locals are contributing mightily to Airzona lawmen.

top topics

join