It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has an insatiable appetite for your money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In 2009 alone we spent $38 billion domestically on the war on terror. Multiply that by 10 and we've spent $380 billion since 9/11 to stop what? A shoebomber? Or maybe it was to get all those naked images of air travelers.
We're talking about cutting benefits to the indigent and unemployed who are barely scraping by (if indeed they are getting by) while we throw money at imaginary terrorists.
Just pointing out one enormous source of waste.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by Jezus

I have to be honest. I question your source. It may be 100% accurate, but do you have a source that does not advertise their agenda. Numbers can be made to say just about anything.

You can do your own research.

The fact remains that we spend more money on organized violence than organized charity.

Originally posted by Jezus
www.warresisters.org...

Don't be deceived.

The real problem is military industrial complex and criminal industrial complex.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by mnemeth1

Okay, you don't like the military, I get it. But it is necessary. Every country in the world needs to be able to defend itself some.

Our military is anything but a joke, look back at the just wars we have fought: WWII, Gulf War 1, The war of 1812, The Spanish American War, The Revolutionary War, The French and Indian War. Without a military all of these would have turned out very differently.

To say we don't need a military at all is a little bit of an extreme. It is like saying we don't need a government at all,or that we don't need hospitals.

I say we don't need a government. Maybe I'm just anarchist, or maybe every government that is or has ever been has done horrible things to people.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I understand your logic, but I we did not spend the same money each year. As a matter of fact the money has went up each year as in the beginning we were using surplus weapons.

Like I said, I don't agree with these wars, but it is not our biggest problem right now. Right now our biggest problem is people demanding money they didn't earn. It is people rioting in Iowa because they want their aid money faster.

In order for our society to survive major changes in our morality and values are going to have to change

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Please, if your going to bring forth an argument, and try to change my mind about something, at least provide a link.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Well I didn't post an argument...I posted some information.

I'm not trying to change your mind, you can look into it or not but this isn't an opinion.

---
www.warresisters.org...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Jezus]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

We don't need a military.

This why we have a 2nd amendment.

fat lot of good a hunting rifle will do against a t-72 cruising down main street USA

a standing military is a necessary evil, yes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join