It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Drops to 15-Year Low Against the Yen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Australia Economy is slowing

I highly doubt your thinking of this with an open mind.By the way,can Australia provide enough food for all of its inhabitants? Just a thought.I know it would be no problem for the people living in the Bush,they are used to it.Cheers!

Australia's economy is less than 1/10th the size of the US economy. They hardly play an integral role in the wider world economy. They arnt the ones driving world growth in GDP.

If the US stopped exporting food, 100+ countries would starve. If the US collapsed, China (Australias largest partner) wouldnt be far behind, its a domino effect. That aussie kid is illiterate on these matters, he cannot comprehend just how real world economics work.

Without the US, the world economy as we know it does not exist. Several 1st world nations would collapse. the only ones that would be unaffected by it are 3rd world #holes that had nothing to lose to begin with. (cept nations like china, theyd lose out big time)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Canada's economy has been growing too, not a any breakneck speed mind you but certainly in a positive direction, it always blows my mind how Americans think they are the glue that holds the world together when really they are just a consumer to whom everyone sells to, we just find other markets since they can't pay there bills!.

But they will see the error of their ways here shortly.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

Canada's economy has been growing too, not a any breakneck speed mind you but certainly in a positive direction,

lulz, without America, your economy is CRAP!

it always blows my mind how Americans think they are the glue that holds the world together

27% of the worlds GDP is tied up in the US. Yes, we are the bread basket of the world! herp derp...derrrrr

when really they are just a consumer to whom everyone sells to,

lulz at how unaware you are! Yes, we consume the worlds bull#. Without our consumer spending, economies around the world stop growing. We are not just some simple consumer nation, but the LARGEST CONSUMER IN THE WORLD.

we just find other markets since they can't pay there bills!.

lulz, good luck finding a consumer nation with a PPP of nearly $15 trillion GDP.

What an idiotic response this has turned out to be from you. Sometimes its best NOT to hit the reply button.

But they will see the error of their ways here shortly.

If thats the case, then you too will see just how ridiculous your ignorant post is/was.

There is a saying "when the US sneezes, the world catches a cold."

We go down, you hillbillys up north are royally fukked! (as is the rest of the developed world)

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yagerbombs

I was sure I was going to see a response like this, but I have to say it was more ignorant than I expected.

I suppose when Canada the hillbillies that they are turn off the electric, fresh water and OIL to you guys, we can see how big you are.

Yes The States is the Largest CONSUMER, but as any business knows you can't keep selling to someone who can't pay the bill and the states is fast approaching if not over the point of no return.

The world is moving away from the USD, and if that doesn't wake you up I think nothing will, seems everyone can see whats happening except the rats in the box.

Try to be a little less arrogant, just a little.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

I was sure I was going to see a response like this, but I have to say it was more ignorant than I expected.

Ignorance is posting drivel that is not supported with facts. You fukkn ignoramus!

I suppose when Canada the hillbillies that they are turn off the electric, fresh water and OIL to you guys, we can see how big you are.

You guys provide less than 5% of our overall energy demands... And technically, you would be hurting your own economy...strong ignorance...

Yes The States is the Largest CONSUMER, but as any business knows you can't keep selling to someone who can't pay the bill and the states is fast approaching if not over the point of no return.

lulz which does nothing to explain how your going to replace the largest consumer nation. More ignorant drivel!

The world is moving away from the USD, and if that doesn't wake you up I think nothing will, seems everyone can see whats happening except the rats in the box.

Yet the USD is still the worlds currency used to conduct international business. Until it no longer is, you can STFU.

Try to be a little less arrogant, just a little.

cool story brah.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

doubled our money in one day
or about 28 hours

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

doubled our money in one day
or about 28 hours

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yeh I see what ya mean.

Canada’s largest trading partner is America, and America’s largest trading partner is Canada.

internationaltrade.suite101.com...

www40.statcan.ca...

Seems it time to find other customers.....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

American economy recovers by this kind of means:

Kuwait is seeking as many as 209 MIM-104E Patriot Guidance Enhanced Missile-T (GEM-T) interceptors valued at up to US$900 million ($1.26 billion), the Pentagon's Defence Security Co-operation Agency said.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm American, so I have the right to say this.

I cannot believe I breath the same air as you....

[edit on 12-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Actually you couldn't be more RIGHT, every recession is corrected with an old fashioned shoot em up kill em war, and guess whats on the horizon............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join