It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hit by tough fuel sanctions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Iran hit by tough fuel sanctions

www.ft.com...

Tougher sanctions against Iran appeared to have halved the country’s petrol imports last month, according to a monthly report from the International Energy Agency.

As a result Iran has been forced to pay a 25 per cent premium to market prices for its petrol deliveries as many companies shy away from supplying the country, the International Energy Agency reported on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Iran sits on a wealth of oil, possibly the third largest reserves in the world, but does not have enough refining capability to keep up with it's own demand., so it is forced to import. This is, of course one of the reasons they are pursuing nuclear energy.

And, in the interest of watching the patterns and the cycles re: Iran, a similar story from 2007: Unrest Grows Amid Gas Rationing in Iran.

(Interesting old article from 2005 from the WaPo about perceptions and prices in the additional news link.)

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was just reading this article:

Iran says to drop trade in 'filthy' dollar, euro

Iran is to stop all trade and oil exports in dollars and euros in retaliation against Western sanctions...

"These currencies are filthy and we will no longer sell our oil in dollar and euro,"

How will this help the people of Iran? Or is this action cutting off the nose to spite the face towards the USA?

What do you think - as your thread says, the people of Iran are already being hit hard? I can't believe this will help?

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The PTB are obviously trying to ruin Iran for some unknown reason.

This is what happens when you dont want to use the petro-dollar

Troops are being brought back from Iraq at the end of the month.,...this makes me think their next trip wont be back to the USA but more likely straight to Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Iran is to stop all trade and oil exports in dollars and euros in retaliation against Western sanctions...

"These currencies are filthy and we will no longer sell our oil in dollar and euro,"

How will this help the people of Iran? Or is this action cutting off the nose to spite the face towards the USA?

What do you think - as your thread says, the people of Iran are already being hit hard? I can't believe this will help?

peace

By switching from the dollar they are effictively making the US pay for their fuel rather than printing off worthless dollars ( no backing ). This will indeed effect the USA like nothing before if all the middle east changes from the petro-dollar.

Its a clever teactic....USA ruin Iran....Iran will financially ruin the USA

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

the US doesnt buy oil from Iran.

And I believe they switched back to the USD after the turmoil with greece and the free falling euro.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great catch. This too has been something that Iran has been threatening to do for a while now. A lot of people think could severely undercut or even kill the dollar.

The Proposed Iranian Oil Bourse

I'm no expert in this area at all...just remember it always being the talk and a big issue with some in economic-slanted discussions of why some feel Iran is dangerous to our economy and just another possible reason for war. I think the years this recycles are 2003 or 2005, 2007, and now, whenever the sanction "wars" increase.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

By switching from the dollar they are effictively making the US pay for their fuel rather than printing off worthless dollars ( no backing ). This will indeed effect the USA like nothing before if all the middle east changes from the petro-dollar.

Haha you srs? Do you know how old this news is? at least 3 years old brah!

The US does not buy fuel from Iran to begin with...lulz at iran financially "ruining" us...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Yagerbombs

Doesn't matter if we do or don't. Others who buy it trade in the Euro and the dollar, and Iran and/or China moving away from the Euro or dollar would have an impact.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Yagerbombs

Doesn't matter if we do or don't. Others who buy it trade in the Euro and the dollar, and Iran and/or China moving away from the Euro or dollar would have an impact.

No they arnt. China isnt that stupid. Neither is the mid east. Saudi Arabia is not about to abandon the dollar.

And the euro is not reliable, this used to be news, back in 2004...before it was picked apart.

ERRR, and it does matter if we do or dont. We arent buying oil in euros, are we?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yagerbombs

Haha you srs? Do you know how old this news is? at least 3 years old brah!

The US does not buy fuel from Iran to begin with...lulz at iran financially "ruining" us...

So why the threat????? The middle east have the USA by its balls to put it bluntly.

Iran is in the middle east....the middle eastern regions have already showed that they dont like us westerners for one reason or another. Probably mainly because the USA have tried playing the global police for too long.

The dollar is worthless......if the usa has to use anything apart from dollars to pay for imported fuel it will ruin you. Maybe Iran will get onto its allies and help them to decide to take down the USA using this tactic.

No money = no weapons to destroy places this applies to money with no value either.

USA have all the firepower so Iran and these other countries need new tactics to fight this super power. Cripling their finances and fuel supply is a perfect weapon.

Do you really think Iran doesnt talk to its neighbours with regard to the USA and its plans for world domination?? Why do you think the first thing the yanks did was secure the oil fields in iraq???

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So why the threat????? The middle east have the USA by its balls to put it bluntly.

lulz Wut? Absurd! We buy their oil, we dont buy their oil, they're the ones who are fukked. Its a mutual relationship.

Iran is in the middle east....the middle eastern regions have already showed that they dont like us westerners for one reason or another. Probably mainly because the USA have tried playing the global police for too long.

Iran =/= the mideast, smart guy....

The dollar is worthless

and yet it is still the international currency used to conduct business with no foreseeable replacement. (the euro is even more worthless)

......if the usa has to use anything apart from dollars to pay for imported fuel it will ruin you. Maybe Iran will get onto its allies and help them to decide to take down the USA using this tactic.

lulz, irans allies are weak ass nations that know one cares about.. so no..

USA have all the firepower so Iran and these other countries need new tactics to fight this super power. Cripling their finances and fuel supply is a perfect weapon.

lulz, the soviets couldnt do it, yet a #hole of a country like Iran is supposed too? lulz jakes on you brah!

And what other countries does Iran have at its disposal? THE ENTIRE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY (the ones that really matter) ARE SIDING WITH THE US! HA-HA your opinion is invalid, try again.

Do you really think Iran doesnt talk to its neighbours with regard to the USA and its plans for world domination?? Why do you think the first thing the yanks did was secure the oil fields in iraq???

bertstare.jpg

cool story bro

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

lulz Wut? Absurd! We buy their oil, we dont buy their oil, they're the ones who are fukked. Its a mutual relationship.

Iran =/= the mideast, smart guy....

The dollar is worthless

and yet it is still the international currency used to conduct business with no foreseeable replacement. (the euro is even more worthless)

......if the usa has to use anything apart from dollars to pay for imported fuel it will ruin you. Maybe Iran will get onto its allies and help them to decide to take down the USA using this tactic.

lulz, irans allies are weak ass nations that know one cares about.. so no..

lulz, the soviets couldnt do it, yet a #hole of a country like Iran is supposed too? lulz jakes on you brah!

And what other countries does Iran have at its disposal? THE ENTIRE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY (the ones that really matter) ARE SIDING WITH THE US! HA-HA your opinion is invalid, try again.

bertstare.jpg

cool story bro

Youre failing to see the underlying problem

You may well think the USA is the most powerful nation on the planet but i think you are wrong
Just because you shout about what you have doesnt mean its the biggest and best

You rely on huge imports of oil nowdays.....if anything changes within this market it could destroy the USA. A change in currency to purchase oil would of course effect the usa...its stupid to think it wouldnt.

The dollar is a dying currency...your next currncy will probably be the Amero....when you join th NAU
Isnt that a replacement???

I cant be bothered arguing with you
you have your oppinnion and i have mine no ones going to change that

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Please!
The US won't be crying or going broke because they have enough crude underground, off their coast and enough being imported from Canada. Canada won't bow to the middle east pressure to sell in anything but US dollars.

So this is just another non-issue using old irrelevant news.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You may well think the USA is the most powerful nation on the planet but i think you are wrong

You rely on huge imports of oil nowdays.....if anything changes within this market it could destroy the USA. A change in currency to purchase oil would of course effect the usa...its stupid to think it wouldnt.

The dollar is a dying currency...your next currncy will probably be the Amero....when you join th NAU

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Not so much old as recycled news...for a reason. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

I love the way you try and judge my intelect over the internet haha

Please...theres no need to pity me im perfectly happy with myself and my mental capability

You may think you are somehow more intelligent than myself but to be honest....it doesnt matter to me.

Im not trying to be rude but your a condecending fool
Not being rude though

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I love the way you try and judge my intelect over the internet haha

Please...theres no need to pity me im perfectly happy with myself and my mental capability

You may think you are somehow more intelligent than myself but to be honest....it doesnt matter to me.

Im not trying to be rude but your a condecending fool
Not being rude though

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No fighting, please.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about Iran. There is always someone willing to play with them in the sandbox.

Russian oil giant LUKOIL (LKOH.MM: Quote) has resumed gasoline sales into Iran in partnership with China's state-run firm Zhuhai Zhenrong, even as the United States urges the international community to be tough with Tehran.

Iran is the world's fifth-largest oil exporter but lacks adequate refining capacity to meet domestic demand for motor fuel, forcing it to import up to 40 percent of its requirements.

Russia and China, both permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, signed up to the latest round of U.N. sanctions on Iran, but refused to support measures that targeted the Islamic Republic's oil and gas sector

af.reuters.com...

What good are sanctions if they aren't unilaterally enforced? Just another slap from Russia and no surprise from China.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by jibeho]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join