It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bulldozes Muslim graves in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d417cd7395c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Israeli bulldozers backed by police destroyed dozens of gravestones in a Muslim cemetery in central Jerusalem on Tuesday, according to an AFP photographer.

The Islamic Movement accused the municipality of destroying more than 200 Muslim graves that had been recently renovated in a centuries-old cemetery in mostly Jewish west Jerusalem.

"Last night at around 12:30 am (2130 GMT) occupation forces entered the cemetery and destroyed around 200 graves," said Mahmud Abu Atta of the Al-Aqsa Foundation linked to the group, whose members are Arab citizens of Israel.

He said the bulldozers returned later in the day to destroy dozens more after a Jerusalem court rejected a petition to halt the work.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

It looks like Israel is at it again. It's almost so obvious what they are doing, it's insulting even to non-Muslims. The theme seems to be to make the Palestinians so angry by dehumanizing them. This way, when they act out or fight back, Israel can just label them as terrorists, which gives them the excuse to kill more women and children. This is American tax-dollars hard at work, funding an agenda just as evil, if not more so, than that of the Third Reich.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It looks like Israel is provoking the moslims in any way they can think of.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
now thats just trying to start a war. I hope we don't end up backing those zionist idiots when it all goes down. and nice respecting people Israel, I'm sure your holy book condones that.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wonder what the REAL reason for this is? I don't understand this comment:

"The destruction is related to the issue of renovation. The Israeli establishment does not want us to renovate the graves so it is destroying them," he said.

It makes no sense at all, except for pure provocation.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

A lot of things done by Israel against the Palestinians, has no reason except pure provocation. The American MSM will never report on these little tid-bits and if they do, in will be in some kind of far-fetched twist to make the Palestinians look like the provocateurs. When you have the world's martial and economic superpower and the MSM in your pocket, you can get away with those kinds of things. That is something the Nazis didn't have.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How would Isreal like it if Muslims were to destroy a holocaust memorial?
They would soon kick up a stink. For goodness sake, no wonder we have Islamic extremists. (check spelling there).

They should leave well alone there. This is a matter of pure lack of respect.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I say kick it old school style and lay some pigs around the grave sites

[edit on 11-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
For Israel to keep doing this is perplexing to say the least. I just find it hypocritical of them to claim the moral high ground based on historical events, then to blatently ignore those same warnings and repeat history..

I can only imagine what would happen if germany today bulldozed over some Jewish memorial cemetaries. The logic they try to employ to justify their actions are hollow at best.

Dont get me wrong, they have some justified issues. I just fail to see how they can continue to act in this manner and ignore history. The arguments over giving the palestinians their own area reminds me of the credit card issue.

You cant have credit until you get credit, and you cant get credit till you have credit. In this case change credit over to peace / safety.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
And yet, no one anywhere will do anything about it. Israel is untouchable and the problems over in the Middle East hasn't touched home for the rest of the world.

Sad state of affairs. Especially regarding Israel. You'd have thought that the history of the Jewish people would have given them compassion towards others. (Sorry, maybe not the Jewish people, but the Jewish government.)

-FK

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If they want to settel these issues then they need to institute the UN peace settlement from a long time ago. Give palistinians their own state, let them use Jerusalem as their capital to the extent of it being classified as an internation city with the UN there to oversee things (yeah yeah I see the irony in using the UN, but this could be augmented to use a different country).

The Palestinians arent innocent in this either. The current leadership of both groups I think are to set in their ways to find compromise.

As far as Israel being untouchable, I am thinking Iran might be the catalyst on this. If they feel we are not doing enough to curtail the ?Iranians Israel is going to act without us (They are a soiviergn country afterall).

Couple that with the Obam administration selling F-15's (watered down of course) Eagles to the Saudis....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Any one can show me a picture of a single grave that Israel destroyed? There is an AFP photographer on the site. He claims that dozens of graves are destroyed and there is a photo of tractor?
Where are hard facts on the ground?
Where are those renovated graves that were destroyed?
Show me those graves, please.
Because this story looks like classic smearing example.
This graveyard was abandoned even before 1948. It certainly does not mean that Israel is allowed to destroy anything there, but since it is a property of government - nobody is allowed to create "graves" out of thin air and call it renovation. I see no problem destroying fake graves used for land grab.
So to counter your anti-Israeli propaganda site, here what Israeli (right wing) propaganda site says. And while i do not like it, it does not afraid to show those "200 renovated graves" that AFP photographer choose to ignore for some reason.

In the heart of Jerusalem, dozens of new tombs are being added to an ancient cemetery, but no one is buried beneath them. Jewish observers and sources in the Jerusalem Municipality say the pretend-graves are simply a Muslim project for grabbing land.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
Again - this is not a neutral site and any information from it is not to be taken for granted without research. However since i live in Jerusalem and walk through this graveyard at least once a month and did not see any change with graves that are in my path (and those appear ancient indeed) - i think that it is more trusted then claims of person who supposedly represents ISRAELI Arabs and then call Israeli forces - occupying forces.
By the way - about Al Aqsa foundation -

Treasury Designates Al-Aqsa International Foundation as Financier of Terror Charity Linked to Funding of the Hamas Terrorist Organization

www.ustreas.gov...
Good guys. Would not lie. Would not like to create cheap provocations. Yeahhh.
Old city of Jerusalem ,with almost two hundred thousands of Muslim Arabs, is 3-400 meters away and nobody came to protest. Wonder why?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d417cd7395c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Israeli bulldozers backed by police destroyed dozens of gravestones in a Muslim cemetery in central Jerusalem on Tuesday, according to an AFP photographer.

The Islamic Movement accused the municipality of destroying more than 200 Muslim graves that had been recently renovated in a centuries-old cemetery in mostly Jewish west Jerusalem.

"Last night at around 12:30 am (2130 GMT) occupation forces entered the cemetery and destroyed around 200 graves," said Mahmud Abu Atta of the Al-Aqsa Foundation linked to the group, whose members are Arab citizens of Israel.

He said the bulldozers returned later in the day to destroy dozens more after a Jerusalem court rejected a petition to halt the work.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

It looks like Israel is at it again. It's almost so obvious what they are doing, it's insulting even to non-Muslims. The theme seems to be to make the Palestinians so angry by dehumanizing them. This way, when they act out or fight back, Israel can just label them as terrorists, which gives them the excuse to kill more women and children. This is American tax-dollars hard at work, funding an agenda just as evil, if not more so, than that of the Third Reich.

--airspoon

You peopel don't seem to get it. Bulldozing a bunch of muslim gravestones isnt a huge deal compared to the beheadings, bombings and murders of children, men and women. Hundreds of thousands of them. Frankly I could care less.

new topics

top topics

join