It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1m for person who reduces population

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
feed the homeless to the hungry.

Well that statement there gets one response from me.

Welcome to my foes list.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The problem ... is the X in the equation ...

X= Humanity in all of its aspects ... IF you were having a son ... would you abort because of a Pop Limit . ?? This isn't a game ... I know I wouldn't screw the system ... My son is coming into this world. "PERIOD" ... ALso ...

Everyone work !!!!

That is the Biggest Laugh I have had .,. EVER on ATS ... to assume that Half the population would support the other half ... is even an OVERSTATEMENT IMHO.

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
First thing is take measurement of exactly how much resources we can reasonably expect to harvest from the earth on an annual basis. assume that everyone that is able to work, did work in some type of meaningful capacity and that all wealth was distinguished. Then simply divide the resources by the number of people and limit consumption to that number. Population would then naturally grow in line with our ability to supply them with resources without effecting the supply each person would get. Break that equilibrium and people would stop having babies so they could keep their curent level of supply.

Given human nature the population would decrease quickly. Less people means you get more stuff or work less.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Tell the pope to start a program called condoms for catholics...
It might cut into revenues at the collection plate, but then the Vatican is well invested in armaments and bioweapons companies and GMO so, they don't really need any more money or political influence.

The first thing bad management does when faced with its own retardedness is to make those defensless types below them suffer cuts .
Guess what...
Those businesses go out of business anyway.
There is really only one cure for bad management after all.

Thats why I say management should set a good example,
and jump into the furnace first...
I'm mean Daniel came out OK...
Why wouldn't they?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
congratulations up to page two and so far no ones said a thing .
maybe ATS members have a career in politics .
slowing the birth rate is only half the problem .And if you read you would have seen that.
You also have to have a way to keep the economy stable NOT growing NOT contracting . What the real idea this advocates is stagnation.
Of coarse these are big words Stagnation and economy .
Much easier to stick with hey lets just cut the family jewels off.
So stop population growth ok thats easy just offer 10k per person who get it clipped .No one dies no one is forced . And sure someone offered me 10 after my first (1 child) i would have been there done that .
But like i said this part is simple which is good for simple people to chime in on.
the rest isnt simple How do you stop inflation? deflation?
how do you bring innovation to a stand still?
you see for slow people invocation means Growth as you need the next big thing so junk ( your its working just fine ) for the next big thing .
unless you can stop this even zero population growth will not solve the worlds problems .
But i understand its easer to say hey kill your self first. I like my Ipod to

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

That is the logical solution. And people are already doing that. In Japan, in Italy, in Australia, in Germany, in many educated industrialized nations.

People are willing to slow their birthrate. They ARE slowing their birthrate. In some countries, to negative growth rates. (Japan, Italy)

Its not "the people" you need to convince. Its those at the top. They want more, and more, and more, and the only way they can do that is to have a bigger and bigger and bigger herd to siphon wealth from. (And support the social programs put in place to care for eldery herd members that have been retired from service)

The bigger the base is, in any given generation to support the elite and their desire for more, the bigger the next base must be to support the growing elite and their desire for more, PLUS the retiring herd members.

Even doing away with social programs will not solve the problem. It will temporarily make the problem easier to deal with, but eventually, even if you kill off people who do not work any longer to totally remove them from the equation, the top will continue to expand, and will in time require further growth from the base.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The problem with you solution is that the southern border (or borders in any nation) are open because the economic system is built to require an expanding base at the bottom to support an expanding (more slowly) top.

Yes, This is caused by the Current System of Public Options Trading.

Companies that "Go Public" are offering ownership of their company for the promise of future returns.

Be that Increased share price, or Dividends.

This means that a Company must, by Definition, have an Ever Expanding "Bid Price"

If the Stock does not continually go up, people will not invest, because it is not a good investment strategy.

And this is where Marketing comes in.

Have you ever seen those commercials, that are Advertising a COMPANY, as opposed to a Product that a Company wants you to purchase?

The Public Relations Kind.

Only problem comes when the irresistible force (The "Corporations" desire for Profit) hits the immovable Brick Wall (There is Only one Earth. I.E Finite Resources)

Once a certain Size is reached, the corporation has no choice but to Buy out its competition, and absorb more and more of reality into its........

"Portfolio"

To solve the problem you need to figure out how to structure a system that is stable and does not require an ever expanding base.

Limited Ownership, with Liabilities.

As opposed to Limited Liability Ownership.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You bring up some really good details.

And you also open the door for more possible solutions, changing the way corporations are allowed to be structured is a wonderful idea.

However it is done, the desire for "more growth" is clearly top driven, as the lower levels are attempting to decrease their birthrate wherever they can. (Ie have access to birth control, information about how to use it, and the right to use it)

So any meaningful changes would have to involve the big players. Which puts us in a bit of a bind. These top players dont really want to change, they like the system they have, and the golden rule (He who has the gold makes the rules) makes it difficult for us to impose change upon them without some serious organization on our part to use the one strength we have, numbers.

Functional healthy human beings arent stupid, they sense overpopulation whether they verbally agree or not, the numbers show that. The problem is that those at the top are not functional and healthy human beings. They are infected with an unnatural obsession for more.

Good post. Great suggestions.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There’s no over overpopulation problem… there’s a population displacement problem artificially created by the same cabal who lie and say there is an over population problem. They’ve been doing this for hundreds of years like they did to the indigenous people of North America. The indigenous people get forced off their original habitat where they’ve lived in balance with their surroundings for thousands of years by the collusion of multinational corporations and corrupt government. For details of how this operation works one just has to watch this interview with John Perkins who authored the book, “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man”

www.youtube.com...

The indigenous people get forcefully uprooted and packed into shantytowns and reservations and as a result they produce the appearance of overcrowding. Then the ones who uprooted them take their corporate controlled media and point their cameras at them to the exclusion of everything else and say, “See all this overpopulation of poor brown people living in filth and squalor because there’s not enough resources to sustain them and they keep having too many babies?”

Then they plaster their suffering insect covered brown faces all over their bankster founded charities to entice the good hearts of the ignorant western populations to send donations where most of it doesn’t get anywhere near the populations that they have forcefully displaced and exploited.

And the overpopulation propaganda campaign against the poor and exploited of the world continues with freaks like Hawkins, Gates and so on…. And this murderous campaign is alive and well on ATS.

But all a real person with a real soul has to do is stop listing to this sick propaganda coming out of these soulless bunch of sick murderous freaks and take a drive across Canada via the Trans Canada Highway #1. I guarantee that you will drive hours at a time across some of the most fertile soil on the planet, all Crown land belonging to the sick eugenicists “Royal family”, and you will not encounter a single soul.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

So is it your belief that there could not be a population problem ever? (We can continue to grow our population infinitely)

Or are you just saying that because we arent living on every single square foot of habitable land yet it isnt a problem now?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It seems the terrorists have the answer. This must be why they are being killed, so they cannot collect the reward.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Here's a good one that I thought long and hard about. Stop degrading women that don't want or have any children and stop treating them like they are less than subhuman if they don't reproduce and stop beating it into their heads that if they don't breed that they are selfish and horrible people, and that it's the only reason for women to exist... maybe when this is changed the population will go down, and yes, this is all the stuff I heard growing up when I said that I never wanted to have children. Stop treating like we're nothing more than a vessel and a peice of meat. Let us get tied at 18 as long as we sign a release, start giving us real equality cause as far as I know only a man can get a permanent clip at 18, sadly most of them don't they'll just knock up a piece of meat (in their eyes) and move on and leave the rest to the vessel/babysitter/maid/ mamma!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
We don't need to "reduce" populations. We need to deecentralize populations and get back to small farms and communities. We need people to support themselves. This takes intelligence and economy of consumption.

Too many cars, petroleum based products, wealth relocation, entitlements and large population centers. If we got back to a basis where everyone was responsible for their own upkeep and support then we wouldn't have so many people making babies because it's free.

The planet and people would be healthier.

This idea is the best idea that will be overlooked, sadly.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
So is it your belief that there could not be a population problem ever? (We can continue to grow our population infinitely)

Populations left to themselves to prosper as they should do not grow for infinity because of their prosperity and death.

It always seems to be the people who do not believe in the existence of a God (which are a small minority) that want to play God and determine how many should live and how many should die.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Or are you just saying that because we arent living on every single square foot of habitable land yet it isnt a problem now?

I gave you an example… take the drive across Canada. The only over population we have is the over population of a few sick evil freaks that keep playing God and create constant havoc for the rest of us. Soon it will be better for them to jump into one of their space vehicles where they can slowly freeze to death on Mars.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How about more science, technology and space travel. There are probably billions of worlds just like Earth out there waiting for a colony.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

just add a plastic compound called BPA to all
receipts
money
food wrapers
plastic drink bottles
the lining of cans
and flouride to the water

put gm crops in our food
hfcs
roundup corn

this will crash the western population over a 50 year time frame anything faster and the population will be come awre

oh wait these measures are allready in place my bad you want new ones ok

ban or hid any real medical advances oh wait hold on

release free energy and give tax credits to anyone who grows 50% of their own food organically

that will work for western countrys wat about poor countrys?
engineer a sexually transmitted desease that takes a generation to kill
aids anyone?

i know create crops that are infertile then force everyone to eat them then engineer a crop failure

pollute the seas so nobody can be self suficiant

i take back the free energy thingy that will never work

XPLOdeR

edit to add
Aspartame And MSG Have Caused An Epidemic Of Obesity

external linky
www.rense.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
How about more science, technology and space travel. There are probably billions of worlds just like Earth out there waiting for a colony.

There are quadrillions of relationships that must all occur at precisely the same time not wavering the smallest fraction of a nanosecond in order for one world "just like earth" to exist let alone billions.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If population control / reduction truly is what this man is aiming for, i wonder if Mr Smith would be agreeable to an addendum whereby the prize may be awarded after his own demise. Wherein I would be more than happy to assist him in awarding the prize to himself, posthumously, for successfully reducing the population by exactly one.

As one poster in the first page pointed out, if the well being of the whole was really the goal of the eugenics movement, then surely they would see fit to lead by example, and separate themselves from their own lives.

Unfortunately this is not the case, and is just another example the "lust to dominate". All they must do is convince the rest, the "other" 90%, that this is needed, that it is good, and that it is the only rational course of action.

"How can we reduce the population?" Is simply the wrong question. The right one, is "How can we put what resources we have to good use, without waste?".

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Having children is the only significant thing the average low talent low IQ person will do in their life. A genius can spend their life painting,sculpting,writing,contemplating,creating,learning. So the solution is to create geniuses through AI (artificial insemination) or IVF.Text

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
According to many reliable and credible sources population will begin to reverse within 50 years if current statistics and trends continue.

www.npg.org...

edit to remove mathmatical error in interpretation of the numbers.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by JackHerer4Prez]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Quite simply, my idea would be tax benefits/cuts for couples with one child or less.
Instead a lot of countries reward couples for each child that they have - doling out social benefits like candy thereby exacerbating the situation.

Reducing the population on Earth is not a bad thing, and should not be made out to be ... we have been spreading like a virus. It's time to add some penicillin.

We have enough child poverty in this world, I suggest neturering all the wealthy and redistributing all goods on earth and making this world upgraded, with all bloodline dictatorships gone and get of rid of banker, realtors and introduce the Venus Project, run by citiznes, like counsels in every are with half women, half men and all on jury duty.

Kids count, and I don't support one word of what you said, Consumerism? They work for the corporations. They love consumerism. Population? All first nation coutnries have low populations, Canada has less than zero per cent growth except via immigration.

Equalize people

We dont' need any more broken hearted children but a lot more people who have a heart, and a mind that work together so theyre not demons.

By the way 52% of the world popualtion are female and womens issues should be very important, not fascism, not conservatism, not dog eat dogism, but family, and children, and work of equal value, like raisingin children is equal to any doctor or farmer. And cooperation and equality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join