It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1996 movie "Independence Day" had a similar scene as the WTC falling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The 1996 movie "Independence Day" had a similar scene in this movie as the 9-11 WTC building's fall, with the movie building's fall beginning similarly at the very top of the building first and then the building fell just one level at a time quickly from the top down. This scene was when the alien's craft began their attack in Los Angeles, and this buliding was one of the tallest buildings in Los Angeles. The name of this movie relates to the seemingly loss of some freedom in the USA after 9-11. Also I believe that there was also a scene in the movie that showed the dark shadow of the alien craft rising onto the tall New York WTC Towers in 1996 as the alien craft first arrived in NYC.

This 1996 New York WTC scene is shown at about 4:55 to 5:05 in the following youtube video:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by trader21]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm new here... so I guess I'd say that having # happan in the movies is a good way for people to prepare them selfs for it happaning in real life. so cool beans that you found this its really intresting

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If you like that then you're gonna love this.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
My all time favorite movie!!! Bill Pullman's speech makes me cry EVERY
time I watch that movie. Man, I think I'm going to watch it right now...

I really don't have anything else topical to add, sorry.

Carry on...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ok what?

Seriously a second line? Ok... eh.. what?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't see a collapse, the world trade center looks fine.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

That's pretty freaky # right there, I've heard of the passport in the Matrix having a date connection to 9/11 but haven't seen it in a while so thanks for sharing that.

With regards to the OP, Independence Day is one of my favourite films and I've always thought there was something slightly eerie to it.

I love the scene where they enter the secret military hanger facility and they see the captured aliens in pods and the recovered re-engineered alien craft; the film makes it all seem very believable and there's definately something about that scene which makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Also, I like the scene where they show the crew of a recon tank eye spying the alien craft in the sky.

I'm going to have to watch Independence Day now.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
I don't see a collapse, the world trade center looks fine.

The building that fell in this 1996 movie that was similar to the real 2001 WTC falling ( NY WTC building falling or spilling from the top down to the bottom ) was "not" the 1996 NY WTC in this movie. The similar building fall that fell in this fantasy movie, was the tall building located in the city of Los Angeles, and it was not the NY WTC in this 1996 movie. This Los Angeles building similarly fell beginning from the top floors first, and then progressively down to the bottom.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You might want to watch that scene one more time......The building in question was destroyed by being blasted with some sort of alien weapon. It didn't "pancake", it blew up. It was not even close to what happened at wtc.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
that is interesting.
the matrix is on now.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
If you like that then you're gonna love this.

-m0r

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa58d79477a6.jpg[/atsimg]
Freaky!
even more Freaky!

[edit on 8/13/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Um....welllllllllll. We're going to fly that alien craft out of our atmosphere, dock with the mothership as seen here in these satellite photos, upload the virus. That should disorient the smaller ships long enough for you guys to... do your stuff. Take 'em out. Bring 'em down"

Remember the WTC toppling over in "Deep Impact"?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
that bugs me.
when they upload the virus, how did they have the correct wires or was it wifi.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
that bugs me.
when they upload the virus, how did they have the correct wires or was it wifi.

The prop department took care of it unbeknownst to the alien invaders, or even Jeff Goldblum.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwizard
You might want to watch that scene one more time......The building in question was destroyed by being blasted with some sort of alien weapon. It didn't "pancake", it blew up. It was not even close to what happened at wtc.

I believe that this movie building did pancake down "similarly" to the WTC, but I have to admit that the movie building did pancake down at a much faster speed than the WTC falling, which was only at the speed of falling gravity.

The movie advertisement poster highlighted this Los Angeles building falling. See the web page below.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Both the movie building and the WTC fell due to being hit by something from aliens.

Also, one of the main themes at the beginning of this movie was the mysterious alien radio "counting down" signal. This counting down idea is similar to the pancake fall of the NY WTC, as this counting down is similar to how NY Times Square celebrates the counting down to the next New Year every year by the TS ball that lowers gradually downward the last few seconds or minutes of each year.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I didn't see anything at all. Just a shadow on all the buildings. I mean there were no flying saucers on 9/11.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
NOTE that the web address given for this movie's poster did not copy completely in this thread presented above. To get the complete web address type the following at the end of the web address that comes up if it is not shown as the following: Independence_Day_(film)

The web address is the following: ( make sure Independence_Day_(film) is at the end of the address.

Originally posted by trader21
I believe that this movie building did pancake down "similarly" to the WTC, but I have to admit that the movie building did pancake down at a much faster speed than the WTC falling, which was only at the speed of falling gravity.

The movie advertisement poster highlighted this Los Angeles building falling. See the web page below.

Both the movie building and the WTC fell due to being hit by something from aliens.

Also, one of the main themes at the beginning of this movie was the mysterious alien radio "counting down" signal. This counting down idea is similar to the pancake fall of the NY WTC, as this counting down is similar to how NY Times Square celebrates the counting down to the next New Year every year by the TS ball that lowers gradually downward the last few seconds or minutes of each year.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by trader21]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The scene in this movie of the building falling from top to bottom, and at one floor at a time ( but at a much faster falling speed ) that I believe is very similar to the fall of the 9-11 WTC is shown at the following web address at about 0:55 to 1:10.

YOUTUBE TITLE: Independence Day Trailer

www.youtube.com...

I think that the actual movie may have more images given for this scene, than is given in this Youtube Trailer.

Does anyone agree with me that this movie scene is very similar to the fall of the 9-11 WTC ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
One building had planes fly into it, and the other was blasted by an alien death ray...

Not so similar really....

While I do love the film, there are plot holes you could drive a truck through (such as the major one...we can barely have a Mac talk to a PC, and yet this guy can write virus code in an alien computer language, with an alien encryption, etc. that disables their entire military)? Really? That's a pretty big leap.....

Still though, Pullman's speech was excellent writing (and acting), and it is a definite "feel good" movie. And the footage of the alien research lab is an excellent visual of places we've all had in our heads for a time...

new topics

top topics

join