It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oldest lie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

What if god doesn't exist?
What if the bible was written to back up an oppressive cult i.e. christianity?
What if we actually evolved from apes?

You start off telling us that we all have to agree on this source, the church has tried to do that for years .... it doesn't work.

Not sure what you hope to get out of this thread but it might be worth trying a religious forum because on here we like to debate topics where as you mocked the first person to disagree with you, which I must say is a very christian thing to do .

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
EDIT to clear my head 7

[edit on 11-8-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Maybe I am missing something here, but did you not just specifically ask me a question and then, when answered, tell me that it has nothing to do with this post???

I would love a third party opinion here, just to make sure I haven't missed anything!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ok, i give up. i'll take this question elsewhere.

I'm stunned. You people are SO NEGATIVE.

Guess that's the result huh.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hefficide, thanks for your input, another day maybe.

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The biggest lie?

The biggest lie is when a human stands up and proclaims himself to
be God and is taken seriously. There are several to choose from--I don't
know which is the biggest.

I do like the teachings of Jesus. It would be a better world if we only used
the gospels as a guidebook for life. But not in a religious sense. More in
a "Complete Idiots Guide to Being Human" sense. I have certainly wished
quietly that some Christians acted more Jesus-like, and less Old Testament
like several times in my life.

Even though I'm not religious, the question WWJD has help guide my
behavior a few times. Sometimes even when I'm dealing with
professed Christians, which is kind of satirically ironic.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The sanest thing i've heard all day sir, THANK YOU!!!

What a slow day you must have had....

Seriously, just because people disagree with you doesn't make them wrong...or right, or you wrong or right, especially about matters of 'faith' or lack of. This could be an interesting discussion, or it could become dogma based...

edit: grammar...damned homebrewclub...probably why I have an element of tolerance, to be honest.
....just following the lord's lead...if he hadn't been drinking as much wine as he had he would have trashed more than the temple!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by aorAki]

[edit on 11-8-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Seriously, you're just trolling, aren't you?

As previously mentioned you invite 'debate' on the subject, yet rule out any avenues of functionally debating what you have posted.
To top it off, you ridicule those that point out the fractures in your logic as unable or unwilling to comprehend this mighty truth of which you speak, yet are completely closed-minded to the opinions of others.
I can't see how you can rationally justify that logic.
While I feel it is fair that you believe in whatever makes sense to you, as this can be guided only by your own personal experiences; to denounce anybody else's views so roboticly and so obviously without consideration to their argument at all is just narcissistic and naive, and cant be done by anyone truly putting thought into the matter. You most certainly are joking.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27

What if god doesn't exist?
What if the bible was written to back up an oppressive cult i.e. christianity?
What if we actually evolved from apes?

You start off telling us that we all have to agree on this source, the church has tried to do that for years .... it doesn't work.

Not sure what you hope to get out of this thread but it might be worth trying a religious forum because on here we like to debate topics where as you mocked the first person to disagree with you, which I must say is a very christian thing to do .

What if God does exist but is wrongly portrayed as being Lord God.

In Genesis Chapter 1. God specifically imply that everything evolves.

What God is doing in Genesis Chapter 1. is just describing the sequence in which things evolve.

Read verse 11.

Read verse 12.

Read verse 20.

Read verse 24.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
so you opened a can of worms said you didn't want to debate than tryed to debate got pissed off and erased every thing that made you look like an asshat... good job

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

first of all I love your avatar , i used to play that game as a kid on the spectrum.

Now dont put me in the skeptics group because im not, the reason i ask those questions is because the op was pretty much stating that they had already been answered.
I believe that there is some truth to the bible and to the concept of god, however I cannot take the word of the catholic church or anyone else for that matter because i believe that whatever it was in the begining is a far cry from what it is now.
If you want to debate the concept or possible history of where we came from and religious implications I am more than happy to do so. But If you tell me that I have to believe that the bible is a proven fact and not open to discussion then im afraid the conversation ends there.

Please dont get stuck defending the op , and by the way I like the concept you mention of god evolving , I believe this is a debate that could go far.
But as far as the op is concerned I think he is closed minded , hypocritical and negative.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

HEHEHE
I just looked back , gotta say I think this can be clasified as the op getting owned

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
*** CLOSED ***

Pending staff review.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join