It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madness In The Fast Lane - Suicide Pact?/Mental Illness?/Superhuman Twins?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWebby666

it says i have to be in the UK to see this, and Im from canada so im Kinda SOL (s**t out of luck)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I'm 100% with you on that. Something is definitely not right with this whole story. I just can't get over it. Especially the part in the time-line when she mentions the safety of her children. Something is definitely nooot right . . .

The fixation with running and jumping into traffic, the hammer to the head . . .

Plus, whatever happened to their kids? Did they just abandon them? Why would they both worry about the safety of their children, and then try to kill themselves? It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They both "have" something making them do these insane things, as if they know no pain. I definitely agree that all this stinks of a high level conspiracy.

The sister that got her leg crushed my the lorry was acting as though she had no idea how much damage had been done - again might have been the adrenaline playing a part in this but she was still trying to fight off the police.

Another creepy thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that all the time the lesser injured sister was in custody she didn't ask about her sisters well-being once or even mention her in anyway and was acting very content with her situation in the station. Really creepy... almost as if she didn't need to ask, maybe their minds are linked or?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
doing 5 years in jail or whatever, but NEVER explaining the reasons for their actions is just bizarre. ???

Let me get this straight, she only did five years of jail time for violently killing a man for no apparent reason with a knife.. and now they are going to release her back into civilization without putting this women in a mental insitute or some facility of the like... Keeping in mind what she did before and after she murdered someone.. jumping into traffic and jumping off a bridge.

Doesn't make one bit of sense to me!?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes but over here in the UK she will probably do half that time for good behaviour.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've just watched the document.
And what I'm thinking is quite influenced by Shutter Island, which I saw recently. For those who watched it, the main character was once asked if he was smoking his own cigarettes, right?
Both sister were smoking constantly. Even before they jumped on the street.
Also, firend of the man who was killed, said that she was getting paranoid at the times and take away her cigarettes from them, for they might be poisonous... I don't know, the whole case is very much Hollywoodish. I don't know how it works in UK, but maybe if she was in custody, she wasn't allowed to smoke? That's why she seemes so normal. But as she left and begin to smoke again....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is the first thread in a long time that I have read through all 4 pages of posts. In school I originally wanted to be a psychologist and studied abnormal psych as my specialty. Though I went on to other things there was something about this case that sparked a memory.

I remember a case that was presented to us in class about a man who thought that he was a host to a parasite. This symbiote had an influence over him that acted like a little devil that sat on his shoulder. It told him to hurt people as well as himself. Though he was diagnosed as suffering from Schizophrenia he was never treated because they found him with his skull fractured because he "hit himself in the head to open his skull to remove the symbiote."

Trying to find a similar case I did a search this type of affliction and came across this link, "whats wrong with me? HELP - Mental Illness" and found some interesting coincidences with the twins story.

1. The poster wrote "I came to realize that one of the entities tried to trick me into commiting suicide. It typed out a message: "Consider killing yourself, you may be harvesting an alien in your stomach, and the only way to live, is to die. Who do you want to believe, yourself or your government?"

Maybe this was what the Twins were trying to do?

2. "It was in 2003 that I experienced full blown psychosis due to Cannabis (marijuana) use."

The commonality of smoking, whatever, could be a delivery for a drug that could cause these symptoms. I have never heard of THC causing a schizoid episode.

3. "Most of the few days of craziness revolved around visions, I was receiving visions, past memories were brought up, it felt like I had knowledge of everything that has ever happened in the universe and all that will happen. It also felt like there was no past, present or future. I also felt like I was god. I also believed I was god."

If you thought you were God you would not care about pain or injury.

This is all a hypothesis, I was really just trying to find a plausible answer for what they did. Food for thought to this great topic. S&F!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I cant even being to explain this or understand it. Mental Illness screams the loudest at me, the Brain is POWERFUL, especially when it believes something without a doubt. But still, you got hit by a car, survived, fought cops, and got arrested, killed some dude a while later, bashed your head with a hammer, and jumped off a bridge into traffic, and still survived. Something is really really off here. But what about her sister, you dont hear much about her doing anything nuts, just the one sister. Its crazy. I just dont know. I want to say mental illness, but what kind, ya know. Sooo strange. Its really blows my mind trying to figure this out. Its just as bad as thinking about time travel. S&F!!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok. I composed my theory.
Sabina is visited by Ursula. Ursula gives her cigarette to Sabina. Madness begins. They leave the town, where Sabina lives. They smoke more. The accident on M6 happens. Ursula is in the hospital, Sabina in custody. Sabina is not smoking, or smoking cigarettes from other people. She is realesed, but she has her sister's jacket (which might have cigarette's in the pocket). She wears the jacket and finds the smokes. She meets Glenn. She doesn't allow him or his friend to smoke them. She stabbes Glenn. She runs away. She's cought. She's not considered mentally ill (because she's not smoking the same cigarettes anymore).
And might even not go as far as saying it's government conspiracy. Pack of cigarettes might have been contaminated with something by accident.

Probably too much guessing in my theory, but this case really got to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think the violence is explained by their delusion. If you thought someone wanted your organs then committing suicide via the usual methods (pills, wrist slitting, gunshot) would leave at least some organs available for use.

Whereas if you tried to get splattered by a truck, or smash your head in with a hammer followed by a 40ft jump off a bridge then its not going to leave much worth using.

For normal people, at any rate.

So do we have two women whose delusion was so strong it somehow gave them the strength to survive astonishing physical injuries? Or perhaps someone wanted to experiment on them for real - women with that level of strength would be of interest to a lot of creepy medical types in the military industrial complex.

Totally bizarre documentary and so little information. This really needs to be followed up by the press. Perhaps there is a prosaic explanation for it all, but I just can't see one based on the case so far.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The social worker and psychiatrist who assessed the twin with minor injuries weren't privy to the dramatic footage captured by the film crew. This, we're told, is why they failed to appreciate how severely aberrant her behaviour was. But surely the basic facts of the case, as reported by officers on the scene, were sufficient.

She assaulted a police officer, wilfully and recklessly put herself and the public at risk by repeatedly running into lanes of fast moving traffic and offered no rational explanation for her behaviour.

Why would this have not automatically triggered a Section 2 Assessment Order (up to 28 days hospital detention to assess mental fitness)?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Also, why on Earth did the doctors let the twin out of jail within a day?

The argument in the documentary seemed to be 'oh well, she seemed okay', but lets think about it - a woman is involved in an assumed suicide pact with her sister followed by a violent assault on the police.

So either she's VERY mentally ill in which case she should have been sent to hospital right away for a period of observation, or they were off their faces on drugs in which case she should have stayed in jail.

But to let her go????

And why no follow up on the other twin who went to the US? Why did the US immigration authorities even let her back in considering what happened in the UK? Are the Americans keeping track of this woman now in case she meets up with the sis when she gets out of jail?

This programme really was one of the most mysterious and creepiest things I've even seen in my life. Just astonishing.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The way the woman in the red jacket is just calmly smoking her cigarette while her sister runs into traffic and is hit is bizarre.

And when in custody when she says an accident rarely comes alone it's chilling, especially when you know she is still going to murder someone.

I don't think we will ever know the truth, but I agree it's stinking.

Thanks for posting, S+F and another star for the person who was so friendly to upload the whole documentary for us outside the UK.

link   
Edit -> delete.

Double post.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Grey Magic]

link   
Wow, that video left me with a strange feeling. Seeing human behaviour like that is something so hard to comprehend. I never thought I would see someone who really wanted to die, just pure desire to die. Both of them.

They clearly were in a "frenzy" but what is baffling is that both do appear to be feeling the exact same way emotionally. My only thought on this is that we do not know the other sister Ursula's mental state. If it is to be the first of the mental illnesses the psychiatrist described, where one affects the other, it could be Ursula has this mental illness permanently, and her arrival affected her twin, who until her arrival led a normal life.

I felt so sorry for the man who was murdered and his family. As a previous poster said, because she was so paranoid, when he went out to ask his neighbour for tea bags she could have thought he was planning something?

This however would mean that she was in a manic state again, yet no sister around to "infect it off" . She was apparently calm the day before the murder, and unaware of her previous suicide attempt.

The oddest thing about it all is the strength they both had. Some kind of super strength, but mirrored in both. Th police officer was taken a back by the strength of the twins. She managed to survive being hit by a car twice, after regaining consciousness fought off two police officers hitting a hammer off her own head and jumping forty feet off a bridge. Was it set off by something other than their arrival? Too many questions and no answers, I don't think Sabina should be let out to wonder the streets when little is known really about what drove her to try and take her own life more than once and someone elses in the space of 72 hours.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I remember watching this on the original programme, traffic cops.It was very strange. Will get back to once I watch this doc.

Thanks.

ALS

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Gr8t thread! Very very odd behavior in the traffic and then to kill someone a few days later? wow. I would be extremely intrigued to see or read more about these twins.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the torrent is available for downoad on piratebay if anyone is still looking for it. It is a very interesting watch.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
HERE is the original thread posted 2 years ago when the video of the twins was first posted, I posted a synopsis of the BBC1 documentary last night after watching it.

The interesting thing is, reading through the original thread, how wrong people were in their original assumptions!

No drugs....No alcohol.......No alien connection.........just a mental illness

A bizarre case indeed!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
At 9.15- "they're gonna steal your organs". Who do you think she said that to?

When i originally read that comment and with others talking about if they were clones made me think of the movie : The Island : With Ewan Mcgregor and Scarlet Johansson :XXX CREEPY

www.theisland-themovie.com...

edit to add link

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Exalted321]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join