It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are physicists just making up dark energy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

So I suppose you want to label anything we can't yet explain as "God Effect"? Get real son...

Yes..

If we can call it dark energy, we can call it GOD EFFECT?

Can't we?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
The fact that one man created such a theory that has stood the test of time and describes in such a way that it is, relatively, easy to understand is beyond me.

His eloquence is unmatched. I mean, how does anyone condense the relationship of matter and energy down to 5 characters, for Godsake? It's mind-blowing.

Even though quantum mechanics has been shown to be accurate on levels far above relativity. I still prefer Einstein's over the 2.(Not saying that I don't have a firm belief in both.)

I do, too, I prefer Einsteinian Physics to everything else, because it suits humanity so perfectly. It answers our questions as they pertain to our present and continued existence.

Personally, I think that when we dabble in the implicate order of the Universe, then we're on the verge of evolving into another species that perceives the universe DIFFERENTLY than do mere humans.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Even though quantum mechanics has been shown to be accurate on levels far above relativity. I still prefer Einstein's over the 2.(Not saying that I don't have a firm belief in both.)
Most theories are correct in their own respect...it is the common link between them all, and a fusion of all theories into one coherent theory and formula physicists seek.

[edit on 11/8/10 by CHA0S]

Yes the supposed link between relativity and quantum mechanics would be very favorable to any physicist or mathematician.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If we can call it dark energy, we can call it GOD EFFECT?

Can't we?
No...we can't...it already has a name...perhaps if we discovered some other mysterious force we could label it the "God Effect", personally, I couldn't care less what you label a theory, but most people in this world seem to put a lot of meaning into some words, and I doubt the people actually naming them would agree to call something a "God Effect".

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I couldn't care less what you label a theory, but most people in this world seem to put a lot of meaning into some words, and I doubt the people actually naming them would agree to call something a "God Effect".

Um. And yet, about 95% of the human race does refer to the ongoing creation of the Universe as a "God Effect"... In fact, MOST people call it God.

Only the minority question it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

EDIt: My bad, I get ya now.

[edit on 11/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by DavidN

That got my attention, but then I was think, evidence suggest everywhere in Universe that we have observed and received data from, has the same laws.

Think about this for a second:

Every time we observe the universe, we can see it expanding right? What if it is our observation which is causing the expansion? Meaning there is a law which has our observation in the equation, that every time we observe the Universe it expands and even accelerates.

That is just a wack idea for wack people to buzz about lol..

Ultimately what my point is that we never take ourselves in the equation, think that we are too insignificant to be part of any Universal laws.

Thinking is good.

i really totally agree with this, that has been my thought, that one of the biuggest mistakes we make is ruling ourselves our of the equation, even though i have my own theory for the expansion of the universe. Wich i may present to you in the future if it may enlighten someone.
But in short if the fabric of the universe is expanding constantly (with the light speed) seeing far objects getting more and more fast is merely an illusion.
It really is no need for a dark energy to exist in order to pull the universe appart, it is the inevitable consequence of the universe's existence and development itself. One must think, immagine a universe that does not expand, is that really possible at all? Not at all. the current knowledge of the physics and especially the theory of relativity explain at their best all there is to support the observations. So instead of looking into new forces, new matters, new theories we must only better inderstand and link the ones we already have.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ProdigalSon]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Good for them...I wasn't referring to what the human race or people call things though...

Well, as a scientist (if you're a scientist), you must be impressed by Spirituality as a motivating force that seemingly dwarfs Science for its efficacy.

It's easy to say, well, the great mass of humanity is largely uneducated and is vulnerable to all sorts of delusion and disinformation and myths.

Or... We might turn the microscope around and say, the Scientific elite are a minority who offer up their dogma to replace the dogma of religion.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I completely agree. I have great interest in both science and spirituality etc. I don't rule out anything, I try to look at everything and see how all the pieces fit together. I try not take side on things like this, keeping your mind open to all possibilities is the best way to go about it, we know absolutely nothing about this reality, yet act as though we've nearly learnt it all. Completely ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yeah, then we're on the same path, headed in the same general direction, which is to Truth and Enlightenment and Mind-Expansion, all of which are probably going to be packaged and trademarked and commercialized in the near future.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
they dont say its God because they dont want to look stupid

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
they dont say its God because they dont want to look stupid

Can you elaborate on that please?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I can reply. "Stupid" is relative, too. Or, rather, "stupid" is a matter of perception — we can look at "stupid" from a number of angles and it might even appear quite brilliant from some of those.

Is it "stupid" (lacking intelligence) to have Faith in God?

Stupidity isn't even on the same page as Faith. Different book, in fact.

Wait, look, these people are SO fekking stupid, they still believe in little fairies and mystical lands and enchanted streams with glistening gargoyles. Oh my! We must erect an edifice to DEFY this ignorance, an edifice that shall be quite angular and precise, as a monument to our cold, narrow, vicious righteousness...

Name it SCIENCE.

And burn the witch.

BURN!!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
HA! A few hours ago I sent a copy of my book to Roy Masters up in Grants Pass, Oregon.

Not endorsing Roy Masters, and I'm not marketing on ATS... But I'm hoping that Roy digs a snootful of my righteous rant. Maybe he'll respond! LOL

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
people are getting more information and more intelligent.
so we can not be fooled as easily.
like scientists say gravity does not exist.
they can not just say they dont know.
they have to bull shi*.
another reason to stop people using the web.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Well I guess experienced physicists consider it the best fit hypothesis for now. They've done the math and out of the few thousand spread across the world's universities, labs and workplaces...there's a cautious consensus.

Probably a bunch of guys on an internet forum will nail it...
Yeah why would you side with a bunch of scientists who spend their lives studying this stuff, when there's so many people who don't even know what evidence exists for dark matter or dark energy saying the scientists are wrong?

Professional scientists : 0
Bunch of guys on the internet: 1
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6697b60c578b.gif[/atsimg]
[/sarcasm]

That said the scientists don't claim to have the answers. They have observations they can't explain, and the terms "dark matter" and "dark energy" are just placeholders until they find explanations to explain what they can't explain. So it's hard to say they are making it up or wrong when they don't even claim to know what it is. But the observations are the observations, and nobody who claims to be able to explain the observations has really convinced enough people it's the right explanation, so we're still searching for answers.

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Not endorsing Roy Masters, and I'm not marketing on ATS... But I'm hoping that Roy digs a snootful of my righteous rant. Maybe he'll respond! LOL
I find that most people who aren't marketing on ATS, don't have to say so in their post.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

No...we can't...it already has a name...perhaps if we discovered some other mysterious force we could label it the "God Effect", personally, I couldn't care less what you label a theory, but most people in this world seem to put a lot of meaning into some words, and I doubt the people actually naming them would agree to call something a "God Effect".

To tell you the truth, most people in this world believes in a Godly entity which created this universe, so it would only be fair if we call it "GOD EFFECT".

Prove me wrong if you are willing to.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Tell you what if I ever discover a 4th force of nature then I will call it the god effect.

To those who are wondering I am NOT counting gravity as a force!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Tell you what if I ever discover a 4th force of nature then I will call it the god effect.

Arrogance is not the key, if people are that arrogant to think we even know a small atom size portion of knowledge in regards to this universe, we are still dreaming.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

Arrogance is not the key, if people are that arrogant to think we even know a small atom size portion of knowledge in regards to this universe, we are still dreaming.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by oozyism]

I was serious!

HMMF!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join