It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Jullian A. And our government had this all planned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Maybe Jullian A. And our government had this all planned

www.savetheinternet.com

So the Google-Verizon deal can be summed up as this: "FCC, you have no authority over us and you're not going to do anything about it. Congress, we own you, and we'll get whatever legislation we want. And American people, you can't stop us."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I never posted a thread before, I just come here to read. And I thought of this..... Maybe Jullian A./they/released those secret documents for a bigger picture other than to expose the wrong doings of US wars. I think Assange and our government are working together to bring anonymity to the Internet as a whole, and the secret file release was real.....but a false flag. This is just my opinion. Out of all our freedoms that they are trying to take away, the Internet is something that we can't afford to lose right now. I'm sorry friends, if I sound stupid or misspell something forgive me. I don't believe this Jullian guy at all and I think there is a bigger agenda because soon after the document release google and verison teamed up to make their content faster If the contents creators are willing to pay the privilege. I really don't know what I'm saying and I suck at putting it in words but I love the Internet right now. I love the flow of information. If I don't make sense please don't bash me. Just tell me where I'm wrong and I'll fix it next time. If this was a waste of your time, forgive me. We can't lose the Internet and our anonymity to these people man. We are very connected this way. Peace be to you folks. All of you out there.

www.savetheinternet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe the government had this all planned,
But if you read deep into and know of Assanges history,
you should know that he is one of the good guys.

Seriously,
I can see the government planning this, sending the documents, all of them purposely to wikileaks, knowing they would release them,
and then they could start an information /internet war.

Maybe they dont even truly care about Assange or WL,
and hey only care about what they can implement from
"such a threat to the country" ?

I can see many different angles of how/why this could/would have been setup,
But Julian Assange being a "bad guy" ; aka working with the government' is not one of them.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't think you have anything to worry about at this point.
Assange is apparently doing his work unhindered.
We are still able to express ourselves freely.
ATS is running smoothly.

If any of these three things changes. Feel free to start worrying.

edited to add:
Good job for your first post, by the way.
The article was exellent and your idea from it was original and interesting.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just about everyone with a brain is pissed off with their governments and how they charge ahead going against majority wishes. Rising taxes, screwing the poor and whatever else.

Pick a person and they'll usually agree that they don't trust their politicians. We don't think they lie...we know they lie. We also know they lock away anything that proves they lie until after their deaths. People can't stand it, but what can we do about it?

Now.

An organisation arrives and offers to be a channel for leaks and whistleblowers. It has a figurehead...Assange. Could it possibly be that he and his buddies are just as pissed off with the politicians as we all are?

Not in conspiracy land! Over here, as soon as a guy arrives with the same concerns and the balls to do something about it, he gets accused of lying, cheating and scheming as part of the government!

So far he's done everything he's set out to do. Until proven otherwise...he's representing everyone who's ever felt anger at what these politicians do. I salute the guy, his mission and wikileaks.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think he is one of the good guys too also think he had some help from within the administration...help that wanted to take down the neocons re: their expanding Middle East plans and to avoid further devastation to the US too. Now, that doesn't mean others (or hell even the same people) in the government won't use this as an excuse to try to double-tier of two-layer or whatever they're planning to do to the internet. Just my two cents.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Star and flag, pal. Thanks for being ahead of the curve. Way ahead of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The problem is bigger than anyone is aware of. You see, every level of every major corporation and every level of every branch of government has employees who are treated like cra*p. I would rather use other words to describe how they're treated, but I won't.

The real cause for this is Capitalist Piggery in corporations and the tax dollar waste in governments. Bottom line; This is just the BEGINNING of what we will ALL KNOW in the near future. And I'm talking about docs that haven't even been smuggled out of ABC Corporation or ABC government agency yet. There are employees right now plotting revenge against those who are under-paying them and under-appreciating them.

The corporations and the government are aware of this and are cr*pping their pants right now. The reason they're cr*pping their pants is because,

1: Better internal security costs more money. (Corps don't want to spend it and the gov. doesn't have it)
2: Paying people what they deserve costs more money. (Corps don't want to spend it and the gov. doesn't have it)

It's over for them. The only solution is to somehow make WikiLeaks-type web sites illegal, or to shut down the internet.

The internet will never be shut down, and MAYBE the U.S. will be the only ones to make that type of web site illegal. But it will never go further than that. Switzerland and other countries will always be available for the servers. (Haven't heard much about Switzerland in the "Cables" now, have we
)

The only other defense for the Capitalist Piggery and Government Tyranny was to try and cut off the funding for WikiLeaks. As it is, they have so many docs that they can't even release them quickly enough. (Need more staff and more money) But the cutting off of funding only made things worse. The entire media circus surrounding WikiLeaks MADE them famous. I never heard about them until the MEDIA reported on them. So now, people (including me) are going out of their way to snail-mail money orders as donations.

I also believe Julian spoke with the English government and told them that not only was the Sweden thing B.S., but that if they don't release him on bail and don't see to it that he gets fair Hearings, he will release the password for the insurance file. And I also think the English government KNOWS what is in the file. That's why there was an abrupt about-face during his bail hearings, and the judge eventually ignored/forgot about his own previous concerns about Julian jumping bail.

Trust me, Julian has been playing this like a chess game from the start. At some point in the past, he took the Smoking Gun stuff, zipped it up, encrypted it, and only planned on releasing it if he was ever screwed with and/or if he is ever killed. The UK police were watching him before he was taken into custody NOT because they didn't want him to get away, but because they knew that someone else out there is under instruction to release the insurance password if he is killed. So they were PROTECTING him. And they will CONTINUE to protect him, that's why he is on a permanent vacation in a frigin' mansion.

This is really weird stuff. And he will never see a Swedish court room.Trust me. The insurance file is exactly what he said it is... "A thermonuclear device."

The irony of ALL of this is; NO ONE saw this as "The End" for Capitalist Piggery and supposedly-democratic Government Tyranny. We all thought the internet would be used somehow to "Organize" and "Protest." But they kept everyone on enough Koolaid to prevent that. THIS however... WikiLeaks and angry, under-appreciated employees leaking information in a digital world, they DIDN'T SEE COMING.

Edward Slayton
edit on 25-12-2010 by EdwardSlayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think Assange and Wikileaks are being used to eventually take our Internet freedom's away. Assange is connected to the Rothschild's through his lawyer......

wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

new topics

top topics

join