It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff loses his senate election bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What is wrong with people?

Voting for celebrities instead of genuine intelligent and not corrupt people like Schiff...

I guess being a part of the Wrestling business is better than being someone who knows what the hell he's talking about.

Schiff Loses in Connecticut

Financier Peter Schiff fell short in his bid to stage a late come-from-behind rally in Connecticut's three-cornered GOP Senate primary yesterday. Schiff, 47, reportedly spent a million dollars of his own money in his long-shot quest to wrest the Republican nomination from frontrunner Linda McMahon.

McMahon, the former CEO of the Stamford-based World Wrestling Entertainment who reportedly spent $24 million of her personal fortune to win the Republican nomination, was declared the winner a few minutes before 10 p.m., less than two hours after polls closed in the Nutmeg State.

Money wins again. This is disgusting.

Another piece of trash has been elected in the republican party... what a surprise.

I guess him wanting to audit and/or abolish the fed was too much...

And BTW, that McMahon woman is pro-surge in Afghanistan and for a war against Iran. What a surprise eh?

This whole thing looks like Idiocracy more and more... seriously a woman from WWF instead of an economist? Seriously?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
McMahon doesn't have a chance.

All her opponent needs to do is point out her involvement in that trashy wrestling promotion. They have hours upon hours of recorded segments, etc involving Linda McMahon.

She's not going anywhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ha Ha!

Come on. you should realize by now that politics is just another form of "professional" wrestling.
No offense meant, of course. I don't want you giving me an internet "attitude adjustment", hanging me on the "tree of woe" and delivering me a devastating "spear". Although it would really look cool if you were able to pick me up with one hand wrapped around my skull and pull me back into the ring. I'd buy a tshirt with that image on it.

I'm going to propose that there must be some sort of conspiracy to all this.

No doubt, there's big money behind this Republican candidate. And it's not to help her win the Senate seat. It's to ensure that a Democrat wins the election.....hmmmm...........

This is ATS, after all.............

Edited to add a missing quotation mark. I wouldn't want anyone to think I am a mouth breathing WWE fan.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Of course the WWE ceo won, nobody from NASCAR was running in that election.

What God fearing Republican would vote for an ECONOMIST? What the hell IS that anyhow?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

People are so f'n dumb.

This goes to show why the 17th amendment was ultimately more horrible than the 16th amendment.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I really have lost all faith in my countrymen. I mean, really? A WWE promoter over an economist who called the mess we are in? The people of CT had a perfect opportunity here and blew it. Any reasonable person would think, "Wow, this guy was right. Maybe we should listen to him!" Instead, people think, "Nah, lets go with the lady who owns a wrestling entertainment company!" Wow, just wow...

Ever since I really started paying attention to politics, I've had to deal with Bush twice, then Obama, now this. Disappointment. Whatever. People always want to blame the politicians, but really it's the people who elect them that should be to blame. And with the country falling apart and getting worse, let them reap what they sow. The people of this country will never wake up. Let them sit, watching their American Idol and stupid vampire movies while complaining about being broke and jobless.

Time to root for the oncoming storm of chaos. Let the clouds roll...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

Schiff put out over a hundred thousand calls to republican voters and ran numerous radio and tv ads the week before the primary. Of the people he talked to, the vast overwhelming majority supported him.

You know, if Simmons didn't run, I'd wager Schiff would have beat McMahon. More people voted against her than for her in total.

Simmons ran because he is a total douchebag that purposefully wanted to block Schiff's election bid.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

How do we know Schiff isn't corrupted?

We know he's intelligent.

Which probably means he's corrupted.

top topics

join