It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentries that BLEW MY MIND. Please contribute.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It wasn't really a typical conspiracy documentary, but I very much enjoyed, and learned a lot watching PBS's THE STORY OF INDIA.

I just learned so much that it was mindblowing.

I liked THE BOY WITH DIVINE POWERS too, which is a documentary about Buddha Boy by the Discovery Channel. It is online.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrishCream
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Yeah, "Food Inc." was really good, however, I didn't see the other one you mentioned; "King of Corn". I also like Micheal Moore's docs, but you have to take him with a grain of salt, he's quite biased. His movies do have a lot of good research starting point types of information though.

All documentaries are bias for the most part. Take any film discussing a singular subject with a grain of salt: They have been produced to shine a light on a particular point of view and will very often distort and manipulate data of the opposing positions.

Also, I personally have a strong disliking with "What the Bleep," mostly due to its misinterpretation and distorted view of Quantum Physics. They took science and slapped religion onto it. Well constructed documentary, just not something that suits my tastes.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You know we all have so much in common,

So many subjects so much commonality.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Busy Watching the Omega Project. Thanks, I've never hear of it before this thread...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Yes, I agree completely!! You must take everything with a grain of salt! And I am also with you on What the Bleep regarding religion. However, when I saw What the Bleep, I was very recently outside the "Church". It was a good tool for me personally because of the religion it had snuck in there. You see, many of us who are just now waking up to reality have a lot of Church imposed issues to deal with and therefore we need to almost be treated with kid gloves. It is a very delicate process the act of seperating oneself from the very fiber of your belief system. There is still much fear involved in the act of even looking into these heretic conspiracies, ya know?

Six years later my skin has grown much thicker and my disposition much more relaxed. It's just that I know what so many people are going through while "losing their religion". So, the biased nature of documentaries as a whole will always serve a purpose, even if there are those of us who can't relate. It's like anything else along this truth seeking journey; "Take what feels best and leave the rest." There will always be someone who can find value in the bits that you didn't.

Once again; thanks to the OP for the topic and also, thank you WolfofWar for giving me an opportunity to reply and relate lol!
I love this site!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great thread,this gives me lots to watch. I was recently looking for docs like this but only found Zeitgeist,what the bleep,religulous and a couple more. They were good,and wetted my appetite for more. I can't wait to watch some of these and get some more info. Also agree with the last poster about "losing your religion". I was in a similar state,and it is indeed difficult to sort out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join