It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: man shoots shark in head

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I think sport fishing a useless hobby and that it is cruel to torture fish for no good reason at all besides think it is fun. I get a fine for kicking a dog... Yet, piercing a fish, pulling closer until the fish is caught, ripping the hook through the fish is legal.

That is just sick and twisted. IMO

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jambatrumpet
He should've cut the line.. what a F'ing loser...

Yes and in addition to this loser, add to it all the losers in the boat that were laughing at the shark being shot...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Schrödinger
reply to post by Nofoolishness

If he was going to eat it, it would be OK, this is just stupidity!

Want me to take my 30 shot fully automatic, and go on a kill spree? Don't worry, I will only kill animals!

I wont eat it, I will just shoot it! I will go around shooting at nature for no reason, because I am a MAN a PREDATOR, and it is my god given right, to destroy nature for absolutely no reason!

You're taking the video way out of context. Nothing in that video suggests anything like that was going on. I like people like you though, you give me my daily lulz and never fail.

Reported your post for ad hominem! You have the right to THINK what you just wrote, but you have no right to post it!

Why am I taking it out of context? It is not an argument to say; You are taking it out of context! You have to provide reason!

Now I would dare say; that it is you that is taking my reply out of context, a reply that wasn't for you! Since I am repleying to someone claiming that we as humans have the right to kill animals for no reason, because we are predators.

I was using sarcasm to illustrate a point, you are coming in from the side, and using personal attacks!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Welp I am replying with justification... I come from NEW England and was raised in a family that used guns for most of its existence. So me seeing someone kill a fish isnt hat powerful. There are bigger problems then this but for christsake when you anti's get on your soap box all of us who disagree with you are stupid idiots. If you put that much passion into something worth wild instead of sending letter bombs to game farms maybe your world could be a better place. Also I saw my grandfather shoot/kill/gut a deer when I was ten and the next day I did the same thing... I am not a psycopath( well you would disagree) and I am one hell of a reasonable person...

Screw shark week too it effed up the programming.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by BlastedCaddy]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

BlastedCaddy

I read your justification and I am still not interested !!!! becasue we BOTH know what was done was WRONG !!!

I have livestock myself, I have killed and eaten them myself without 'Blowing their F*****G heads off' before hand!! (sheep for ref).

In my early age I was involved in the military, I have used many different types of firearms and discharged them accordingly, I have done many survival courses and FULLY understand techniques and behaviours required to survive.

I work within a healthcare setting now and get invovled with saving people and when I cannot do that I will try and make the time they have left better!!

I have been lucky in my life so far, being ableto visit many different parts of the world and experience different cultures and all that comes with that. It has taught me a whole range of beliefs and understandings and in none of that can I agree that Shooting a shark in the head was the correct action......
If you can then, well, I do not understand your mentality as a member of the human race........ I suggest you broaden your horizons and LEARN about the WORLD you life in including ALL forms of life not just Homosapiens.........

As I said you and I both know it was WRONG, accept it and get over it....

Have a nice day
Regards

PurpleDOG UK

[edit on 13-8-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kernalpanic

kernalpanic

I read your post and I would just like you to read this link to another thread about sharks....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Love them or hate them I'm sure you'll agree we don't really have that much time left.... do we ....?

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Your reply to this post seriously negates your signature!
Or are you living on another planet?

[edit on 13/8/10 by wiser3]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Meh, It is what it is and that is a fish. Your emotional investment (as is others) to this situation is to be commended but in my opinion its a bit over the top. I just hope you are this righteous in your crusade for whatever it is you are crusading for besides this shark. I dont feel it was wrong. That is my opinion on the matter. Maybe some hyper-vigilance on your part could be construed as something. I am not here calling you stupid. I am just relaying that there might be a bit of over dramatics involved ( you have probably heard that before) in your (and others) response. As for living abroad I have.
Wales, England, Belgium, Netherlands Etc... I workerd and ran game farms for your criminally minded youth. So thats all I got sorry to put a bee in your bonnet but I knew you wouldnt kill the bee anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy

I agree to disagree with you then........... Fairplay, we are coming form two different positions and I therefore respect your inability to accept that this whole sorry situation was wrong....

I just feel that we as, Top global predator (through technology NOT physical attributes) should RESPECT the rest of the animal kingdom and nature as a whole and NOT CELEBRATE a foolish and pityful act.....
I ain't no animal right nutter nor am I a foolish youth trying to free game animals etc etc... I consider myself part of the human race which occasioonally lets itself down !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy

PS.... If it had been a Wasp then it would have been a whole different story !!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok, a question for those who are truly upset about this....

Since we don't know, let's suppose the shooter intended to keep the
shark he caught...it is after all a fish, and he was fishing.

What would be the most humane way to kill the shark?
Or even what would be a better way to kill the shark?

It seems to me that a shot straight to the brain works well.

If I knew I was going to die (on a personal note) a brain shot from a handgun
would be much preferred to drowning or hanging...or having my throat slit.

So how do you kill the shark?

Please reply...somebody

[edit on 14-8-2010 by rival]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You do realize that half the people on that boat were kids right? In a kids mind a gun equals funny because thats how they're portrayed. Please don't be so quick to denounce and judge this man when theres no back story to this video.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Monger

Your reply to this post seriously negates your signature!
Or are you living on another planet?

[edit on 13/8/10 by wiser3]

Does it really? Your spleen kills your red blood cells. Is your body at war with itself? Here on Earth, life feeds on life, that is simply the way of things. Killing plants and animals cannot be avoided, nor should it. That said, sensless killing can and should be abhorred. Was killing this shark sensless? Perhaps, but that depends on what's gained from it's use, and we simply don't know what this man's intentions were.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm venturing a guess here that the most fishing experience most of you guys here have is pulling pre-fried, frozen Gorton's cod from the freezer case at Kroger.

Whatever the case, shark fishermen typically use firearms to dispatch a shark prior to bringing them closer to shipside. Years ago in Miami, they used to have a competition shark catching tournaments, and many guys would carry Thompson submachine guns to shoot them before winching them closer to the boat.

Yeah, that's right. Nobody uses fishing poles...they use electric winches. Nobody uses pistols...they use M4s or tommy guns.

Get over yourselves.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join