It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS: Man without health insurance sues state over fine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.bostonherald.com...=home&position=4

I wont post the text because of the copyright trolls. But to sum it up, this Mass, guy is suing the state over a $2000 fine he is getting for not having health insurance. The reason he doesn't have ins. is that he cant afford the $800 premiums.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by rocketman70433]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rocketman70433

He sounds like a terrorist to me.

Of course, there is only one way to rid the world of terrorists - put the department of homeland security in charge of healthcare.

This will eventually kill off the American civilization by equally depriving everyone (except bureaucrats and the politically connected) of healthcare, thereby ending the need for terrists to terrorize America.

If that argument doesn't make logical sense, its because you are simply not brilliant enough to follow my logic.

I am Paul Krugman.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I tell you what, if he wins this i'm calling his lawyers.
I got a fine for parking outside my own house... $130!!
...Stupid Government...

[edit on 10/8/2010 by TheMoose]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why should this man have to take responsibility for himself and get insurance when he can just go to the ER and get free treatment on the rest of us. He also should not have to get auto insurance because if he smashes into my car my insurance will pay for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

He sounds like a terrorist to me.

That was a pretty weak-minded, low effort ploy to get your agenda across.

on topic: i hope this guy wins.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So you're saying that if he doesn't have insurance, then obviously he's not paying his medical bills? You do know its possible to pay bills without insurance right? That's a pretty big assumption there.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You've got a good head on your shoulders Krugman!
We get depopulation and economic stabilization.
Yes, it's acceptable collateral damage considering we can create an emerging growth market in death-related services, thus ensuring a reasonably lengthy and stable economic recovery.

gj

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
reply to post by MrSpad

So you're saying that if he doesn't have insurance, then obviously he's not paying his medical bills? You do know its possible to pay bills without insurance right? That's a pretty big assumption there.

He says he can not afford the $800 premium so I am pretty sure he is not going to be able to afford medical bills when $800 would cover some asprin.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

reply to post by MrSpad

He says he can not afford the $800 premium so I am pretty sure he is not going to be able to afford medical bills when $800 would cover some asprin.

So how do you know he will go take a free procedure in the ER?

Evidence? Link?

Maybe he doesn't want medical insurance, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I don't see what one has to do with the other, also to assume he doesn't have auto insurance because he doesn't want to be forced to pay health insurance is silly.

Just because he can't afford an 800 dollar premium doesn't mean he can't afford 100 dollars for an urgent care visit. On top of that, you can almost always work with a hospital to make payments so if he did have to make an ER visit, its quite likely he wouldn't be expected to come up 800 out of pocket right away, he could make payments.

Keep making those assumptions though, they make people seem real smart.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hope he wins the case.

Forcing someone to gamble is immoral.

I think I shall send him that argument in an email.

Sorry, it is against my religions to gamble.

Also, it is against my moral character

to allow someone to steal

from me.

Used a members flow technique.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14

Originally posted by MrSpad

reply to post by MrSpad

So how do you know he will go take a free procedure in the ER?

Evidence? Link?

Maybe he doesn't want medical insurance, plain and simple.

The evidence is our health care system. People cry about universal health being evil when in fact we already have it. Part of the huge cost of going to a hospital is eating the costs of the all the people they have to treat even if they never pay. If this guy gets hit by a car and is taken to the hospital he gets treated just like everyone else. He may pay but, he would be in a very tiny minority if he did. So all those expences are placed on eveyone esle. Since Americans do not want to join the rest of the modern nations with a national healthcare system and we are not going to let people without insurance die in the streets and because clearly Americans have not been responsible enough to pay medical bills or get insurance on their own then they damn well should have to get insurance. Just like you have to for your car and your morgage company makes you get for you home. Many many Americans have shown they can not take responsibilty in paying for their medical care and everyone else that does has to pay for them. If making people get insurance is what it takes for people to start taking responsibility for themselves then so be it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

i hope that dude wins im all for anyone who can actually stick it to a state or federal goverment.

a person such as that guy and most people in this country can go 20 or 30 years without ever needing to go the doctor.

thats the beauty of massachuettes healthcare system and mr obamas healthcare plan

force people to pay for something that most people wont use til later in their lives....

even that 26 year old that mommy and daddy are payng for ( really 26 years old and mom and dad still have for to pay for their kid-outrageous)

i sooooooooooo want this guy to win..

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Imagine if every citizen filed a lawsuit when they were fined by the government for something. We need people to take back the justice system...time to sign up for the jury.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I went to the massconnector website and put in some information that I thought matched this guy based on the article, comes to a total of $432/month or just over $5000/year.

Using my own tax information he probably makes something like $42,000...assuming he pays higher taxes he should be eligible for the states subsidized plans. Or if he makes too much he can pay $432/month based on what I found on the website.

However, he's one of the people who may believe he doesn't need insurance...when he goes to the emergency room for 'free' as some of you put it, then he'll cost everyone else money. That doesn't matter though, it's costing him directly in some way right now. Poor him.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I do not own any type of health care insurance.

I refuse to spend money for some doctor to treat me with things I do not approve of like pharmaceuticals - all which poison the body over time and cause it to become toxic.

There has never been a long term study done on the effects of these things and their interaction with other substances ( even chemicals in natural foods), and according to a persons blood type and dietary habits and lifestyle.

It is irresponsible of the FDA and medical community and ANY doctor who prescribes drugs to do so without this information.

They can take blood tests and say till they are blue in the face that there is nothing wrong or conflicting with the medication but they do not know what is really going on in the brain - itself is loaded with chemicals naturally.

My step father is 84 years old and takes 14 different medicines 3 times a day. Now he has Alzheimer's and he cannot taste his food, his throat is dry all the time and the pain medication they give him ( for a back injury years ago) does not work anymore.

He has had to take this many medicines for over 20 years now. Every time he goes to the doctors and tries to ask if any of his medicines could have caused his current problems they Always do next to Nothing.

They might take blood and give a song and dance but do they ever admit him for serious testing? Have they seriously tested for cross drug interactions on each drug and his brain chemistry and followed it for years to see if there is a problem developing?

No. No doctor will ever do that. because if they did they might be forced to admit that yes, the Dr broke his Hippocratic oath and caused harm that could have been avoided.

Modern medicine is only good for emergency trauma and pain relief. The rest of it, this business of prescribing dangerous drugs your body does not want and tries to destroy as a foreign invader is nothing short of medieval medicine tantamount to bloodletting.

Over 100 thousand people die In Hospitals each year due to toxic poisoning of their systems from Dr. prescribed medicine. Not overdoses. Not mis-prescribed medicine blunders. Not counting the other hundreds of thousands that die each year from the same thing that are Not currently In Hospitals.

The only reason that statistic says 100 thousand in hospitals is because those are the people they can count. and that number is a few years old now.. I am sure it's much higher. They use words like toxicity poisoning to make it sound like its a normal thing. This is a bold lie sold to the public.

If I get heart attack at 45, it's my time, let me die. It's my right to live and die as I choose and see fit. Anything forced on me is dead wrong and should be illegal.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I tried to find info about the mass healthcare system, just to see what the qualifications were to qualify for help.....kind of took more time than I am willing to put into it at the moment....

but, that $800/mo insurance premium would have left me with something like $49 bucks last month......

and, I don't believe I would qualify for any federal aid out there basing it on what I make.
and, I am pretty certain that I don't qualify for any of these:

www.massresources.org...

unless mass is more generous than the federal gov't,, and I don't mean gee, you pay for it now, and we'll refund you the money at tax time!!!

well, you try living on $49 bucks a month!! the guy would freeze to death in his cardboard box long before tax time came around!!

meanwhile, here in the fine state of virginia...don't know if this is true, would love to know...
but well, I have a friend that is single with three children, no income....
I've been told she is getting around $800 in food stamps......
I know it was around $400 about a decade ago...in NY.

back then, my family, who didn't qualify for anything was lucky if we had $50 left over after the bills were paid to spend on food....

look at the link I posted above, go through those programs....
I don't think it matter how much you make, if you don't fit into one of their special need classes....women who suffer from breast or cervical cancer??? what about people (male or female) who suffer from brain cancer?? guess they don't need medical care that badly?? women, children, disabled, elderly...
what if you are just someone who's kids are grown, not officially disabled, low income, and male???

then well, guess you don't need healthcare too badly!!

no where in the constitution does it give the gov't the right to pick and chose which groups of people are more worthy of life than others, let alone freedom!
unless you can find a program there that will meet every low income person's need, regardless of their gender, weather or not they are handicapped, or have kids, well.....
it's descrimination!!!

[edit on 11-8-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
first of all $800.00 is a lot of money to just give out to the system....that’s easily $9600.00 in a years time....and being young he probably wont even have to use it for a while.....could be well over five or ten years....which means in 10 years time he would put what like $96,000.00 into the insurance.......now lets say he gets sick....and finally he goes to the doctors......so he has given them almost $100,000.00 but now they want him to pay 20% generally that’s what it is ...right something like 80/20 etc....

now what if he dont get sick and its now 20 years down the road now if the prices are the same at $800.00 and never goes up which we know is impossible as prices always goes up....but anyways at his 800.00 he has now paid $192,000.00 into health care and hasnt used it.......

and hopefully by then they haven’t raised his premiums on him from age or illness etc.........

forcing anyone to buy insurance is just plain wrong.....i mean if they are going to force us to buy it then they should give us the money to buy it......not everyone is as rich as our senators and congressmen are!!!!!!!

Were not as rich as the Bill Gates and Warren Buffets most of the American people are hard working people working from paycheck to paycheck just to put food on the table a roof over their heads and a coat on their back!!!!!!!!!

if you dont own a car you dont have to pay for auto insurance so that is not a force on the american people.....this is a force......if you dont own a home you dont pay homeowners insurance......again its not a force on the american people.........this is a force.......

think about how many of us has already paid thousands upon thousands of dollars into the social security system only for it to go broke in our time and we will not be getting any of that back, not even what we paid into it......

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Shar]

new topics

top topics

join