It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image of possible organic life on mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been put out before, search didn't help much. I would like you all to take a look and examine this picture from one of the Mars Rovers.

If you look carefully at the track mark from the Rover, it seems like it has disturbed something, which is oozing into the track mark.

You can view the original image by going here and entering 12D091.BB2 in the CE label box, click submit, then click on the thumbnail to view.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, Mods please delete if it has

Edited to add; sorry, this should have been posted in the space exploration forum, mods please move

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Red_xi]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Red_xi]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is the picture you were talking about.

I don't see anything on here. Maybe someone can point out what I'm missing here.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You need to zoom in on the track, look at the left hand side

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When you zoom in, it looks like there is a cylindrical object on the left, leaking ooze into the track mark.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Dude, that's clearly a rock!
Second line.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

no, there's a mound behind it, if you confuse them both to be the same, it looks like a rock. I'm trying to locate an analysed image of this that I saw a long time ago, will post back when I do.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Found it, thank god. You can locate a better image of this here at the bottom of the page.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
Found it, thank god. You can locate a better image of this here at the bottom of the page.

I can see it in your new link... very odd.

[edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi

Very interesting page, I see what you mean once it's zoomed in it clearly looks like a lid was detached from a container and a liquid ran out.

Also the moving rocks in the main part of the link, I've seen them before on ATS I believe, tbh I'd like to see the images validated before making any comment other than interesting one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

I see it and it does look strange, however it is probably just a trick of light. It appears to be some kind of liquid metal or something to that affect, however I'm sure it is just smoothed out dirt or even a flat rock reflecting light.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

I think this is just overactive imagination playing its part once again. What is perceived as a cylinder looks just as much like a rock.

Even if there is some liquid in the track it wouldn't be evidence of life.

I too am eager to find life off this planet but let's not jump to conclusions or get carried away with speculation.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For the sake of accuracy, this is not from one of the rovers, but from Viking 1, taken around 1976.

Also, that is not a rover track, but rather a "shovel mark" left by Viking's sampler arm.

top topics

join