It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson's Dad (Hutton Gibson) Calls Pope Benedict a "Homosexual, Anti-Pope"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

It is far too long of an explanation to go into in great detail in this thread, but I will sumarize.

In the 60's, the ROman Catholic Church held the 'Vatican II' Ecumenical Council. This was a policy, course setting council which was an effort to modernize and humanize the church. From this sprang such things as the Mass being performed in the common language of the congregation (prior all Masses were in Latin only), they acknowledged multiple pathways to Heaven rather than the only pathway being through communion with the Church, they strengthened the bishops' "power" within the chruch and opened the door for the Pope to be little more than a figurehead (prior to Vatican II, the Papacy was tantamount in declaring Dogma... now it is done through debate within the Bishops' council), less emphasis placed on Original Sin, including a virtual reversal of opinion on the Holy revelation regarding Limbo, MUCH less emphasis on the Bible as truths and more of a shift towards the Bible as a guidebook of parables and literary examples.

There are other changes that occured, but these are the basics as I recall them. Many of these have been further acted upon, leading many Masses to bear absolutely NO resemblance to the Tridentine Mass. I converted into a traditional RC parish, except the Mass was performed in English and one was offered every Sunday in Latin. When I moved from that parish across the country to the Pacific NW, I found it impossible to adopt to the huge liberal changes I experienced inside the church. I discovered that I had converted not into the 21st century Catholic Church, but rather into a parish of the Church which had remained in the past. I have been looking for a traditional church ever since, even one which is out of communion with the See would be a very welcome sight for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
More people calling others odd even before they do a little research...

Obviously Mr. Gibson believes in St. Malachy's prophecy of Popes. This Pope is supposed to be the 2nd to last pope with the next Pope being Satan. This current Pope is supposed to be the anti pope who gets everything all ready for the next and last Pope. St. Malachy has been right on every account thus far.

So Mr. Gibson is just expressing his Catholic belief in Malachy's Vision. Other beliefs aside, I too believe in the vision of Malachy --hard not to when he's been right all this time.

It's a shame "we mock when we don't understand."
--Spies Like Us.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Oh dont get me wrong, I dont disagree he hates the Jews. I am just saying he hates pretty much everyone. I just think labeling him "Anti semitic" is a disservice. It sort of ignores the full richness of his misanthropy, the breadth and the scope of it.

I hate to admit I listened to the tapes of him raging at his girlfriend, but I did. He elevates rage to an art form. I just think "anti semite"is too small a box for his genius in working in the medium of hate.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Wow - I had never heard of this Prophecy of the Popes business.

I'm still researching the prophecy... But it appears that St. Malachy predicted each Pope's name and origin.

Isn't that kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy - Doesn't each Pope take on a new name was they become such?

[edit to add: ignore the above - the prophecies don't predict the names, they are actually statements that coincide with each Pope - rather accurately apparently]

Source

[edit on 10-8-2010 by misinformational]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join