It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson's Dad (Hutton Gibson) Calls Pope Benedict a "Homosexual, Anti-Pope"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Mel Gibson's Dad Hutton Gibson Calls Pope Benedict A "Homosexual, Anti-Pope"

www.postchronicle.com

Hutton was then asked if he thought Pope Benedict was gay, "I certainly do ... why else would he put up with this." Hutton then went on to say that the Pope was part of a conspiracy to destroy the church from within. He then said that Benedict "was one that influenced the last four Anti-Popes"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
time sofindia.indiatimes.com
www.torontosun.com

[edit on 10-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
At least now I understand the orgins of Mel Gibson's anti-semantic statements.

Mr. Hutton Gibson charges some interesting conspiracy against the Vatican. In the audio he accuses the church of Masonic takeover and liberalization.

Here's the interview in full (5 parts):

My Catholic knowledge is limited, so I'm interested in how Christians, especially Catholics view his interview.

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Are the Gibson's drunk or something again? I don't know what type of Christian the Gibson's are but this is really ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This isn't a new point of view. The more fundamental offshoots of the Catholic church have said Benedict was the anti-pope since he was selected by the Bishops council. I wouldn't have worded it like Hutton did, but I will say that I don't entirely discredit his opinion.
(FWIW, I am a lapsed Catholic. Lapsed largely thanks to the loosening up of the church.)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
His view on the 'enemy within' the church are echos of those from the traditional RC church but he conveys his message with venom. He seems motivated by anger and hatred, something which is not in tandem with the core principles of the faith, so no matter how much he proclaims to be a man of God, he is not living his life as one.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Gibsons are just a merry little band of funsters, aren't they? Take one paranoid fanatic, have him raise a child who ends up with substance abuse problems and a propensity to lash out at women, Jews, papists, police, and about anyone else in his path.

If your shirt's too tight, you deserve to be raped.

"Anti-semantic", I like that. Unintentional perhaps, but almost uncannily accurate.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

After listening to the interview, Hutton doesn't come across with any agenda other than stating what he believes to be true...

Just found his website here. Reading through it now... Interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Who is Hutton Gibson and why does his opinion matter?
Since when did being the fathor of an actor make your political and religious opinions matter?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim
His view on the 'enemy within' the church are echos of those from the traditional RC church but he conveys his message with venom. He seems motivated by anger and hatred, something which is not in tandem with the core principles of the faith, so no matter how much he proclaims to be a man of God, he is not living his life as one.

Not entirely true. Recall Jesus' anger over the moneychangers in the Temple. I believe that demonstrated a "proper" place for such emotion, when directed towards pollution of God's House, which is essentially what they are saying has happened within Rome.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

They are fun to watch.

I dont know though if it is fair to call the Gibson's "anti Semitic" when it actually seems that they are "anti anything not arising in their own thought process." When you hate pretty much everything, and everyone, is it really fair to limit that by breaking it down into segments?

I dont know. Something I will have to consider more.

link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I take it that fundamental Catholicism isn't a very widespread view within the religion? I would have thought that the Vatican itself was fundamental in their own right? Thus if the Vatican is, the Cardinals that elected Benedict would be as well, thus there shouldn't be a non-fundamental Pope...

Enlighten me please

link   
reply to post by misinformational

A lot of fundamentalist Catholics believe that since October 26, 1958, the Papacy has been false, due to subversion from Satan through the Masons.
Hence his statements about the "Anti-Popes", I think?

They believe the Papacy was then supposed to go to Cardinal Siri- (Pope Gregory XVII- the "Hidden Pope")...

There is much written about this online.

One website:

www.thepopeinred.com...

I am a devout Roman Catholic. I too am dismayed at the lax Catholicism being practiced today, but I do not let it keep me from my faith. My faith is between me, God, and the Sacraments.

Mel Gibson is not a practicing Catholic.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

It matters to me, that's why I created a thread

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
"Anti-semantic", I like that. Unintentional perhaps, but almost uncannily accurate.

I didn't win many spelling bees growing up - Unintentional indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I read that police report -

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

Source

Sounds a bit antisemitic to me

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Good on you. Even though I'm not Christian, I do recognize the importance faith plays in everyone's life. Convictions are notoriously hard to stay convicted of

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Amazing.
That is a band name if I've ever heard one.
"Homosexual Anti-Pope"

[edit on 10-8-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I'm all for free speech and all but I think if it wasn't for his Son Mel nobody would pay much attention to him.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I'm not taking anyone's advice. Just found it interesting... If you listen to the audio, Mr. H Gibson is making some intriguing statements against the Vatican.

I created the thread, because as a "non-believer" I'm interested to hear the "believer's" view on his statements.

Regardless, Hutton would surely find a nice home here at ATS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join