reply to post by jmdewey60
I've been thinking about the manipulations of chronology that you mentioned on another thread. There does seem to me to be deliberate manipulation of
several things in the OT.
1) Hebrew as a written language was deliberately created during "Babylonian Captivity" days by clerics to be a holy language for the holy book being
written during that same time period. 600s-500s BCE or date back to Josiah 649–609 BCE
2) The Levites were the people who had Yahweh worship, which didn't become part of the accepted royal(Judean) religion until Josiah's day (scroll
found in the unused temple)
the child king Solomon, as described in 1&2 Chronicles is actually fashioned upon Josiah the child king.
3) Jerusalem, as a defensible walled city, didn't exist until Hezekiah's time. c. 715 and 686 BC
4) The general population of the land of Canaan were various Semitic people, Caananites, Amorites, Akadians, along with Hittites various Egyptian
escaped slaves and military deserters. The curse against Canaan (gen 9:24-27) and genealogies (gen 10) were written specifically to cut certain groups
of people out.
5) The religion of the general population was the typical religion "Canaanite religion was polytheistic or monolatristic, worshiping one god while
acknowledging the existence of others."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaanite_religion
6) The Exodus story (Gen 39-Numbers) was written almost completely during the "Babylonian Captivity" years as a model(guide book) of how the taking
over of a land is to be done, and how to crush existing religions and peoples.
7) The real exodus occurred with Ezra and Nehemiah, the so-called return.
Yahweh, as a "one and only god of the universe" has only been around since about 600 BC. All other gods were then demonized as evil beings.
Since I am a pantheist, (all is God, male and female) who sacrificed His/Her individuality in order to become what we know as creation (including some
spirit beings), I would say no to the OP. Any distinct entity claiming to be the separate from creation creator I consider to be a liar.
If such a being exists,(except as a liar), which I doubt, since all anyone has to go by is from writings written by people with an ulterior motive
(which was the conquering of land and subjugation of and shutting out of other people) then I guess I'm truly damned. For some reason I don't feel
particularly upset about being damned by such as he.
People really should know that Abraham made treaties with his neighbors in the name of El. Some who claim to be his descendants kill their neighbors
and take land in the name of Yahweh.
That said; Since I am a pantheist I recognize that even Monotheists are part of what is and therefore have what it takes to be better than what it is
they consider to be the creator. A good proportion of religious people have transcended their own religions whether they realize it or not. It isn't
in words that people are children of God, but in deeds and intentions, the words count for nothing, except as the words are deeds.
Christian Zionism in my judgment, is the most hateful, destructive of human life religion I've ever encountered. It is based upon fundamentalism
which denies that the books were written by men. If Christian Zionism did not exist, first in England and now in the US, then Jewish Zionism would be
powerless to take land from others, thus placing the existence of human life in jeopardy, that's all human life by the way.
Do you hear what I'm saying? Christian Zionism is the false prophet breathing life into a man made image, allowing it to both speak and dictate to
the world who lives and who dies.
[edit on 14-8-2010 by pthena]