It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would I factcheck this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here is at least a nice whopper of something akin to a conspiracy theory:

Well, the guy on the vid first adresses people, who follow Project Camelot in real life. I think if there is such a species, existing in the web, this might be the place to contact them.

Does anyone has the slightest clue about any of the persons or projects he mentions in the vid? Its just me being curious.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You can't. But I think it's likely that Project Camelot, Bill and Kerry's project, just took their name from the old Project Camelot, which the Wiki refers to.

The wiki itself lists these references
* Irving Louis Horowitz, ed., The Rise and Fall of Project Camelot: Studies in the Relationship Between Social Science and Practical Politics, Cambridge MA: The M.I.T. Press, 1967 JSTOR
* A. L. Madian, A. N. Oppenheim, "Knowledge for What? The Camelot Legacy: The Dangers of Sponsored Research in the Social Sciences", British Journal of Sociology, Vol. 20, No. 3 (Sep., 1969), pp. 326–336. JSTOR
* Solovey, Mark (2001-04-01). "Project Camelot and the 1960s Epistemological Revolution: Rethinking the Politics-patronage-social Science Nexus". Social Studies of Science 31 (2): 171–206. doi:10.1177/0306312701031002003. sss.sagepub.com... Retrieved 2008-10-01.
* George E. Lowe, The Camelot Affair, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Tome 22, No 5, May 1966, ISSN 0096-3402

Here's an ATS thread about PC, the video interviews
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be careful who's ideas you pick up

[edit on 10-8-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XenoStuffz

I'm not completely sure what you are asking about. If you are asking about "Project Camelot", yes, it existed in the 60's but was nixed in 1965 when it came under public strutiny. Project Camelot is an important case for American Social sciences because it opened the debate about state patronage of the American Social sciences. The project itself was concerned with the study of the sociological foundations of revolutions.

What absolutely boggles me about the guy in the video is the inconsistency in his thinking. If Project Camlelot (the mordern Bill and Kerry thing) was somehow "part of the "Illuminati"" or is a rejuvenated version of the 60's porgram, for God's sakes wouldn't they have picked another name? Wouldn't their "Illuminati" handlers have said something like " cough.... Billl, Kerry... We like the name but it kind of gives away that you are part of our sinister agenda and we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

I have a simpler explanation. Neither Bill nor Kerry have ever heard of the 1960's Project and therefore are totally ignorant of the correlation.

Or they forgot.

Or maybe they know and just don't give a twit?

I find that more likely.

If you're interested in the 1960's Project, see the Wiki page for basic information and links:

en.wikipedia.org...

For the academic aspect that I've mentioned, see this very informative article by Mark Solovey:

individual.utoronto.ca...

Or read Christopher Simpsons wonderful, totally underdiscussed but brilliant book "The science of conversion". It does not discuss Project Camelot but it delves heavily into the subject of government patronage of the US social sciences post WWII:

www.buch.ch... -510292-4/ID8521975.html?jumpId=6545951

[edit on 10-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, that stuff he mentioned about Project Camelot sounded a bit like

to me. A 1960 project? I gonna check the links, you provided, thank you.

Edit, to avoid dp:

Nice quote from the wiki-page, that seems to fit to my impression:

"Project Camelot, which was initiated during a time when the military took counterinsurgency seriously as an area of competency, recognized the need for social science insights. According to the director's letter: "Within the Army there is especially ready acceptance of the need to improve the general understanding of the processes of social change if the Army is to discharge its responsibilities in the overall counterinsurgency program of the U.S. Government." "Chile was to be the first case study for Project Camelot"

Sounds like Iraq and Afghanistan are/were the real case studies. But, wait,

"The project was canceled as the US Defense Department came under increasing criticism for attempting to subvert social research, as well as arguments that social science research was an appropriate way to avoid cultural conflict.
At the time of Project Camelot, there was not unanimous agreement that unclassified social science research is subversive, or that such research should be classified"

So the Project was canceled, because people thought it should be classified. Sure. Doesnt sound like a conspiracy at all.
After the Chile case study was cancelled, there will have been some brilliant minds in search for some new strategic sandbox.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by XenoStuffz]

top topics

join