It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we need real change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
not a complaint, but politics wise, a lot of the info here is about what is wrong.
i'd love to hear some ideas about how we, as citizens could change things for the better.
no matter how stupid the idea may seem, once a collective puts their heads together there are usually some good thoughts bought forth.
i'll begin with a basic concept.

vote out all incumbents, and/or vote 3rd party.

strength in numbers can get a message across.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's a thread I started on the topic:

AboveTopSecret

Before we can agree on what we need to do, we need to agree on a way of electing the people that WILL do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think two simple questions should be in order for all hopefuls / potentials : What are the minimum numbers of your constituents that it would take via petition to vote in the manner they request on any manner?

Secondly: Would you be willing to do this; including a proposition to make an amendment to the constitution putting an effective cap on congressional pay, to keep pace with the average minimum wage, and which would include notifying the public through at least three channels for a period not less than four weeks if you intended to increase your own monetary compensation?

Personally I think if all members of congress were paid minimum wage, and only while they were "on the clock" so to speak, it would most definitely deter the type of people who are only after the money and benefits. Who knows? We might even get people in office whose only motivation is to do the right thing for the people...

There was a time when members of congress only met a few times a year because *shock* most had real jobs to go back to.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

change the system is a starter

you can send the most innocent person you can think of and they will be corrupted in a matter of days

as the system currently works you can send a nun there and within a week she would end up as a stripper.....

term limits would help

and collars like the dog training collars that shock them every time they screw up.

the reality of it all is all the the congressmen like the system we have
thats why they will never changed it

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

peace.

top topics

join