It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House gives needy states $26 billion for Medicaid, teachers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

IF unions were what unions are supposed to be I could agree with you on that. However, the big time unions, like SEIU, AFL-CIO, etc are nothing more then political entities funded by you, alot of times by force. This is not saying that union members themselves are a bad thing, because most members are everyday hardworking good people. Lets take my personal example here, I went to work for a huge telecommunications company. That company was union. When you started work, you went to an orientation where we had to sit thru a 2 hour long propaganda speech by the local president of the union. Everytime an election came up, they sent out letters to all union members on which candidates they were supporting and which they were going to smear, There was no vote with the union, it was just decided by the national union leaders, based on which candidate would line their pockets more. Currently, the SEIU and their ilk are driving the growing fiancial problems of states, such as California and New York,they are also a huge reason why the auto industry flopped. With their demands for more and more pension benefits that simply can not be funded. Look at the correlation between states on the verge of bankruptcy and the amount of unfunded union pensions for state and local government employees. After you do that then get back to me on why unions are so great. I do think that individuals should have representation in the work place to protect them from companies abusing them and taking advantage of them, but the modern union is as corrupt as our government, and more often then not, in a torid love affair with each other ala Andy Stern and Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's funny that the only jobs that get saved by bail outs are the ones with unions paying off err contributing to the democrats. The UAW, teachers, and such. Geez didn't they receive enough when they were exempted from the tax on their part of Obama care? In NY you should just see the building the teacher union is run out of. The cost of operating that building yearly must be insane, the place is huge. Why? All this bill was, was another not so subtle pay off.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
im asking all you pro union people have actually ever been in one?

i have and thats why i hate the ever living hell out of them.

granted there are some good people in unions but unions havent been about people in decades.

the only thing you people are doing is trading one master for another..

while people may think unions are such a great idea...they just have no idea of when to stop.

theres no satisfying unions...now its to the point where " yeah the corporations need us.....well no acutally corporations dont need you they can pick up at any time and move overseas....

and have you wonder why there is such a job crisis? this is one of the reasons why......

democrats are suppose to be for the middle class but they are doing everything they can to destroy it. you say how well by not putting unions on a leash and say youve got enough.

well all know the myth of redistrubitive wealth from the corporations to the people via unions being the middlemen and taking their cut.....

at some point people there will be no business left in this country and this is one of the reasons why.

and if you think a union is going to save your job and pension well take a look at what happened to the indiana teachers union when gm failed.

you people can like or love unions all you want be at least recognize their flaws.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by neo96
spend spend spend without a thought as to where the cash comes from

I was waiting until someone just went out and said it, you didn't read the article did you? "(It) is fully paid for, in part by closing tax loopholes that encourage corporations to ship American jobs overseas."

Oh yea ok but where is it going again? Anyway its way late for that just about everybody that was going to leave left a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
It's funny that the only jobs that get saved by bail outs are the ones with unions paying off err contributing to the democrats. The UAW, teachers, and such. Geez didn't they receive enough when they were exempted from the tax on their part of Obama care? In NY you should just see the building the teacher union is run out of. The cost of operating that building yearly must be insane, the place is huge. Why? All this bill was, was another not so subtle pay off.

Yea well they must pay off the slave masters and propagandists. What have teachers become when they no longer look local but count on the feds....a bought and payed for lot that preach the party line.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
reply to post by ~Lucidity

IF unions were what unions are supposed to be I could agree with you on that. However, the big time unions, like SEIU, AFL-CIO, etc are nothing more then political entities funded by you, alot of times by force. This is not saying that union members themselves are a bad thing, because most members are everyday hardworking good people. Lets take my personal example here, I went to work for a huge telecommunications company. That company was union. When you started work, you went to an orientation where we had to sit thru a 2 hour long propaganda speech by the local president of the union. Everytime an election came up, they sent out letters to all union members on which candidates they were supporting and which they were going to smear, There was no vote with the union, it was just decided by the national union leaders, based on which candidate would line their pockets more.

Yea and you see some on tv talking heads saying that churches cannot support this or that untill they give up thier tax status. What like they are going to come in an arrest a minister under the idea that he cant talk politics on a tax status? Get the # out of here.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

i did read the article and forgive me IF I DONT BELEIVE A WORD that comes out of mr obamas mouth or any poltician for that fact.

your free to tho............they never lie

[edit on 11-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

This country has never, ever not been in debt. You can't erase it, it always was and always will be there.

Some people seem to have this mythological belief that if they vote for the right people our debt will just magically disappear. It's always been there, the only part that matters is our ability to pay it off...which would be what the percentage of the debt is to the GDP.

Dollars don't matter, ratios do.

Let me finish by rephrasing for some of you, I'd rather see the money go to unions than bankers.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's sad that the needy were robbed to pay for the unions graft. The foodstamp program was raided to pay for this slush fund:

But the group that took the biggest hit were those people on the governments food stamp program which has grown astronomically over the past year as high unemployment continues to grip the country. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as food stamp program had their funding reduced by $12 billion dollars to help pay to prop up the teachers unions.

daytontribune.com...

The Democrats are no friend of the common man.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The problems is that is not only Democrats the party lines are just that lines drew by the voters to think that they belong to one of the two elite parties in this nation.

Both parties cater to the same masters and those masters are hungry for American tax payer blood in order for them to keep their wealthy status.

SM2

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

what makes it even worse, I read somewhere, I will try to find the source if you require it, that for ever dollar spent on food stamps, it generated like an additional $1.75 into the economy. So this union pay off comes at the expense of an already struggling economy. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt there already a huge prop up to teachers, cops, firefighters and other emergency employees in the stimulus bill?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Yes you are very right, but this bailout was actually for to fix some of California problems as the bill was brought up by a California senator.

But it will look too bad for politics if they do not include "all states".

And If that doesn't make you mad just learn that most of the union jobs to be "save" pay more than 200 thousand dollars a year in the state of California and this not just for teachers either.

That is just the sugar coating to make the people to agree with it.

I made a thread a way back when the bill for this bailout was put in the table a few months ago.

And yes is a big pay out for union workers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join