It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are on planet Earth, did you know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For a long time I have found myself looking up at the sky on a clear night, looking up at the stars and taking time to realise where we are, and even then its hard to actually get my head around that Im conscious, living on planet Earth, that revolves around the sun that is within the galaxy... etc, etc.

Then i look at my fellow humans who walk past me on a daily bases on their way to work, where ever, and i think do they ever think of the bigger picture? How many of use do? How many of us actually think that the human race is going off on one, so caught up in their egos, (I am to, im not denying that.) But I feel that there is a lack of responsibility to acknowledging that we have the ability to make this world a peaceful one, we have the intelligence to know how to treat other fairly and the capability to see beyond our religious beliefs, our societies constraints and be human beings that have a united core responsibility to look after planet Earth and each other first and foremost.

I look around where i live and all i see is businesses that are only in existence because they make profit, make money. Are we all stuck in this notion that life is about making money, because this is how to survive? There must be another way, before we all become so separate from what life what humanity can evolve into and our responsibilities to planet Earth.

How many of you know and actually really take time out to remember where you are in the universe, and how many of you want society to change in a way that people do things to help and not to self serve and simply make profit to become more removed from our world?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There are few things as truly awesome as a clear, starry night miles away from any light pollution.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes finally you have woken up
Congrats! And hopefully more will wake up to the fact that there's more to our lives than money.

Money is designed to dis-attach people from reality and by teaching there consumer's to trade money for materilistic object's where they get deeply attatched and can't accept to let go of a materilistic object, some get fed up with having too little, too much and purchase junk they not necessarily need.

We do not need money for food and water. Grow your own crops, trade with local farmer's and give some of your time and effort helping them out in exchange for meat, seed's, vegetables.

L & L.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We as a species have I feel the potential to make this planet a peaceful one but not why we are slaves to money and religion.

Money is a distraction that we are forced fed to believe in, watch the TV tonight and see how many adverts you are bombarded with telling you that you must have this and that and you're a nobody without this magazine etc etc.

There are only a few people on this planet that know the true meaning of life here on this planet and those few keep the knowledge to themselves because if we knew it, life as we know it would end.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
There are few things as truly awesome as a clear, starry night miles away from any light pollution.

There is a place near me that around 10 min drive.... on a clear night it is amazing to sit there and just look up.. Even better when the moon is in new moon phase or waxing crescent.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
most people do not realize that we are even on a planet. they are so out of touch of our existence and of where we are that its sorta scary. sometimes when i get into that deep thinking spot in my mind where i can feel the massive universe around me that just goes on and on and on for trilllions of light years..i get so overwhelmed of where im at in deep space that i get sorta an anxiety attack...like when i look up into deep space at night and feel the vastness of it all it gives me a strange feeling....its just so magnificent and strange all at the same time.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Do you mean the people holding the truth if they told us the world would end and change for the better i am assuming?

Just wish that more people would awaken and see that life doesn't have to be like living as a slave to business and money. Our potential as humans is so much more. I guess we all have to take responsibility to change this, by taking the risk and doing it ourselves, living the life that we wish for every other human being.

Question your day at work, why such long hours? why 5 days a week for week day workers? why a certain amount of hours a day? For business to make profits. Business doesn't care for you. Money is just a distraction. Television and commercials are there to make you spend your money to make them money. The whole world (we humans) are using each other to be a driving force to make more profit and to what extent? just to make more. No business starts on the notion it isn't going to eventually make a profit or that business wouldn't exist.

The foundations of our society need to come crashing down and the people need to start this movement by first realising they are slaves and knowing there is another choice. (crashing might be to harsh a word but things need to evolve from this way.)

There is a choice for everyone to be a human being not a human doing.

Do not fear change, embrace the fact that one day we might all be able to look up at the stars and understand our place in this universe.

I always had a little quote when i was younger it seems apt right now to say it:

"At night when I am alone there is only one person who can hear my thoughts, i just hope im listening."

We all must listen to our higher selves and to our hearts and not our egos to compete against each other in material gain.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
most people do not realize that we are even on a planet. they are so out of touch of our existence and of where we are that its sorta scary. sometimes when i get into that deep thinking spot in my mind where i can feel the massive universe around me that just goes on and on and on for trilllions of light years..i get so overwhelmed of where im at in deep space that i get sorta an anxiety attack...like when i look up into deep space at night and feel the vastness of it all it gives me a strange feeling....its just so magnificent and strange all at the same time.

INFINITY & BEYOND!!!

L & L.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Knowing where we are, who we are, and having the ability to see beyond the constraints of society, giving time to think about our planet to me is the most important part of being human is being consciously aware, consciously awake, and helping fellow humans and planet Earth by living in harmony and in love.

I just hope many more humans make this connection to.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
reply to post by Funkydung

Knowing where we are, who we are, and having the ability to see beyond the constraints of society, giving time to think about our planet to me is the most important part of being human is being consciously aware, consciously awake, and helping fellow humans and planet Earth by living in harmony and in love.

I just hope many more humans make this connection to.

I'm slowly finding my way back to my Infinite self and have joined local volunteer environment and conservation work as I feel like I want to be a part of the Earth conscious as much as there are billion's of lives here from all different star's system's and planetary system's who have willingly created the concious of the earth through positive vibrations over the millenium's of ancient civilization's, and with the transition in place, waiting on 'borrowed-time' that Mother Earth has asked for hence the reason for fire's globally and flooded area's and ice cap's melting and hotter weather spells and storms and so on. It's Mother Nature replenishing herself and cleaning all the negative energies that have corrupted her vibration's.

She can't do this alone and need's our help. We need to be consciously awake and aware and prepared on a Physical/Emotional/Spiritual level.

Ready for The Coming Changes and always be all three everyday and give all unconditional love to all and everyone including yourself's. Work together and learn from eachother. Help eachother.

Love & Light.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials landing on Earth and a true "contact" will snap people "back to reality".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

But we must make a choice first as humans, free will.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
reply to post by sphinx551

But we must make a choice first as humans, free will.

Only thing we truly must, is to die

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

or ascend and be rid of this cycle of life and death on the physical plane of existence.

top topics

join