It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 New Declassified UFO Files UK Ministry of Defense Aug. 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe this a new video- and quite credible I would think.
The video describes numerous UFO case files, from near crashes with airliners to UFO sightings.

Now, when the Governments weren't disclosing any information regarding UFO's I was convinced they must be real and the Governments are hiding something.

Now that they are actually disclosing case files I'm becoming more and more skeptic as to why they are doing so, why now?

Another thing- If these all UFO's are military craft, then why would there be Government investigations into these cases? U mean, why would they be investigating their own craft?

Us disclosure around the bend for us after all?

From the video-
"I believe this is a great day for open Government and freedom of information. There is massive interest in these MOD files and they are available now at the National Archives. The National Archives have put together a special site for all this material."

The abduction case at around 7:00mins is quite interesting....

The link to the national Archives website is given at the end of the video.

Hope you enjoy the show- I know I did....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks for posting as I havent seen this video but there is just something I dont like about Nick pope. Maybe its that he still wont admit there is life visiting earth and they had to throw in the little green men phrase. He is still a govt crony IMO. Some interesting cases though

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Pleasure,

What do you mean he won't admit there is life visiting earth? If he is leading this video, then I would assume he is in agreement with it... None the less- I am glad that these files are being released to the public.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

I just meant he will not say that ..he said he cant rule it out..tipical political answer...thats all

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

then I would assume he is in agreement with it

You assume wrong , Nick Pope is firmly on the fence and non committal on E.T visitation .

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I think he does believe in ET life but is too worried to admit it in public because of his ties or old ties with the MOD and government (he did leave didnt he?).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okay I see- just playing it safe I guess. I'm sure deep down he has an opinion.

I'm still very skeptical about why the UK Government is disclosing it's UFO files now- and why in drips and dabs?? Almost feels like we are being lured.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Now that they are actually disclosing case files I'm becoming more and more skeptic as to why they are doing so, why now?

What I find most interesting, is the fact that they started releasing the files in 2008, with the intention of releasing the last of the files in 2012.

The files will be released in chronological order over a four year period and made available to the public to download free of charge for the first month. The papers contain details of 8,000 sightings from 1981 to present.

bbc.co.uk

This could just be a big coincidence, but why release them over a period of time, ending in such a controversial year ? Unless of course, it is hype tactics, to make money via download of the documents.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Just one correction, the documents declassified in August were 18, not 3.

There are several threads about it in the Aliens and UFOs forum.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic
reply to post by gortex

I think he does believe in ET life but is too worried to admit it in public because of his ties or old ties with the MOD and government (he did leave didnt he?).

He is NOT worried to admit that he thinks ET exists.

Nick Pope -- just like many of us -- says he believes in ET life but is unsure/unconvinced about ET visitation of Earth. Those are two very different things.

In fact he says this exact thing (about believing in ET, but unsure about visitation) at the 1:23 mark.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I thought that's what I said

non committal on E.T visitation

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think the majority of people that are investigators and insiders and especially professionals like astronomers and physicists are all well indoctrinated into the ridicule programming that has and still is going on.. And I am sure many of these people also keep their own private and real opinions to themselves because lets face it, people will still face possible, and even likely detrimental sanctions against them for publicly supporting any current alien visitation scenerio...

I am not certain about Nick Pope though, he seems to be pretty open and honest about his views... I bet you could even ask him if he publicly waters down his true feelings about it...

My real question about the release of these files right now is I am wondering where all the really good evidence is, I haven't heard anything about them releasing any pictures or videos of which they must have some good footage besides a pile of paper and digital text reports..

I have downloade most of the latest releases but haven't yet looked through them all yet to see...

A lot of very interesting reading so far though..

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes -- you did.

I was responding to justjoemusic's assertion that Nick Pope does not want to admit publicly that he believes in ET life.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

This could just be a big coincidence, but why release them over a period of time, ending in such a controversial year ? Unless of course, it is hype tactics, to make money via download of the documents.

Hmmmm, I don't think UK gov. are really bothered about the small change of the downloads. I mean, it's peanuts for them. If wanted to make money out of it- they would charge for it.

But what's interesting is that they are preparing for the last files to be released in 2012? That's got 'set up' written all over it..

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Are they releasing these files on a kind of ,"need to know basis", testing public and media reactions and perceptions with the current drip feed of releases. I think we possibly are still to see the files that will be the most convincing in the support of possible or factual ET Visitation, that these files, if released will be before the official announcement in what ever capacity or nature that comes in. That of course remains to be seen.The PAB could be putting out "feelers" or" test reactions" just know with these declassified files.Testing the waters of public and media,social and religious reactions.

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join