It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran digs mass graves for US troops'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fuel sanctions were mentioned in the articles I posted and thanks to Lucidity we've got a thread now on ATS, so, for more info see the below thread.

Iran hit by tough fuel sanctions

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Kudos to Iran for taking care of that grave preparation. In case the US will invade (which I really hope they don't) these graves will come in handy to bury the departed Iranian soldiers, saving work and trouble for the US Corps of Engineers.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
lettuce be reality. Iran pretty much dug their own graves.. (See what I did there?)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes. It is chest beating...and smack talk. And most of it's being recycled from the playbook of the last two sanction go rounds we had with Iran prior to this third one.

I've been keeping track of these kinds of things...patterns, cycles in this propaganda/smack talk in my thread here in case anyone is interested. This is the excerpt I added there.

Iran digging graves for U.S. troops if they attack

Military official: Iran digging 320,000 graves for invaders

Hope that helps!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This post and thread is garbage and the thread creator should be ashamed. Did you noticed the article writer wrote "Iran has dug mass graves..." Really? ALL of Iran? If there's even a shred of truth to this article, it's a few mullahs in Iran's govt beating their chest, NOT the citizens.

The AP sources the Jpost as creater of the Article, and Jpost sources AP as the creator. Completely un-sourced garbage. People who post tabloid crap like this should be banned permanently.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
graves or trenches? thats a defensive line iran is digging there and it will be extremely hard to break through it, unless if you use bunker busters across the iranian iraq border...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Is it really that hard for you to just respect people? I mean realy you think they should be banned well I think you should be banned for being a disrespectful little kid who gets so upset over little things. Go away mr flamer

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Your aggressive post blaming the OP for an article you don't particularly care for is not what this site needs. Look in the mirror and re-read your own statements. Don't blame the OP for the reporting on a article written by someone else. Honestly, do you even understand what blogging is all about?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just another example of how American jobs are being outsourced! We should have American workers digging those graves at union wages! By letting Iran dig American graves at reduced wages, we are supporting terrorism!

Seriously, though, who cares? It's their land, let them dig to their heart's content. It shouldn't be an issue to us unless we do invade, and why would we do that? Is Colin Powell going to give another speech to the UN "proving" that Iran has weapons of mass distruction?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy

Is it really that hard for you to just respect people?

Yes. ATS is chock full of people who will post anything alarmist for their own needs.

I mean realy you think they should be banned well I think you should be banned for being a disrespectful little kid who gets so upset over little things.

If you think I'm upset, you're comprehension needs work. I've been here for a while, and I'm going to be here for a very, very long time. It's called quality control. Get used to it.

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Your aggressive post blaming the OP for an article you don't particularly care for is not what this site needs.

Incorrect. This site needs someone to call out the incessant wave of un-sourced garbage that washes up on the trenches here daily.

Look in the mirror and re-read your own statements. Don't blame the OP for the reporting on a article written by someone else. Honestly, do you even understand what blogging is all about?

1) This is an ATS forum, not a Blog site. If you don't like it, be my guest to leave anytime.

2) If the web was run by your standards, anyone could post a 'screaming alien boy 'article from the National Enquirer and get away with it. Well, they can't here. Get used to it.

3) Simply regurgitating and re-posting links to websites without sourcing them or fact checking is irresponsible and a waste of everyone's time. But don't take my word for it, check with the ATS admins.

and one more thing...

BANNED.

sorry I just like saying it...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
All I have to say is, at least they have the courtesy of burying enemy combatants instead of leaving them to rot, or dragging them by chain on the back of a pickup in crowds while the body is on fire like they do in the neighboring countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Funny I don't see Admin under your name. Maybe you should leave the decisions of who gets banned and reprimanded to the real Admins. I do know one thing, TROLL should be placed under your name in my opinion.

Back on topic:

Iran could dig all the mass graves they want. We don't need to set a single boot on the ground to take care of business there. Cruise missiles and bombs will take care of that. They will hit designated targets and not just indiscriminate bombing of anything.

Just look at what we will be up against if we send troops into Iran....oooooh scary...lol

Just kidding

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This post and thread is garbage and the thread creator should be ashamed. Did you noticed the article writer wrote "Iran has dug mass graves..." Really? ALL of Iran? If there's even a shred of truth to this article, it's a few mullahs in Iran's govt beating their chest, NOT the citizens.

The AP sources the Jpost as creater of the Article, and Jpost sources AP as the creator. Completely un-sourced garbage. People who post tabloid crap like this should be banned permanently.

I can see why you'd be upset thinking the media is pointing their fingers at Iran as a whole. But I have to say - you didn't ever hear me say the citizens of Iran dug graves.

Personally I'm horrified by the plight of the Iranian citizens and I hope and pray they never have to pay the price for the idiocy going on between the PTB...

On an added note...

When did ATS start blaming the messenger when the messenger can back up the story by the same article posted in MANY major MSM publications including:
Military Times,
AirForceTimes, FOX and Drudge
And of course the source = By Ali Akbar Dareini - The Associated Press

Sorry you felt the need to take out your frustrations here, on me, but it's no problem, I've got padded shoulders. We all have our bad days! (Don't I know that)!

And some information you might save up for further replies to any threads I might be involved in? I make a habit of being thoroughly able to back up what I post - unless it's in the UFO forums, lol!
So please keep an eye on my threads there just in case! I've posted some WHOPPERS - quite unknowingly!

peace

Edit - most everything, lol.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

We don't need to set a single boot on the ground to take care of business there. Cruise missiles and bombs will take care of that.

That's what I was thinking, but, as I'm far from being a war time strategist I could only guess.

Thanks for pointing out what may be the obvious to others, but was guess work for me.

What is interesting (IMO) is not so much the story about the 'grave diggers in Iran' - as the story itself and all the old news, new news, dug then vs. dug now, rehashing and re-reporting.

Like I stated on the first page, either one, they did dig more graves, OR, more likely, this is just another attempt made by the USA MSM to link IRAN with ATROCITIES in the eyes of the uninformed.

Either side of that argument could be backed up my the posting of this information in the two Military publications I linked to a few times during the course of the thread.

Interesting stuff all around - once you get over the seemingly 'tabloid' like approach to the information.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Funny I don't see Admin under your name. Maybe you should leave the decisions of who gets banned and reprimanded to the real Admins. I do know one thing, TROLL should be placed under your name in my opinion.

I have the right to say who I think should be banned. There's really nothing you can do about that. The original post poses the premise that there is no difference between the Iranian citizens and their government with the statement " Iran has dug mass graves".

If you don't have a problem with this broad-brushed, half-true description of events, you have your head in the sand like most ignorant Americans who are too lazy and TV addicted to educate themselves. Your posts certainly demonstrate this.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow, All anyone has to do is click on your name and review post after post on numerous threads and see your blatant and indignant replies to just about everyone you respond to. I say again you are nothing more than a TROLL.

INTERNET TROLL:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families.
en.wikipedia.org...

This is an exact description of you!....deny it all you want but like I said the proof is all there on your previous posts in other threads since you have become a member. With that said I will leave you to your constant trolling on this site. Last post on this thread...moving on now.

Back on topic:
This is more than likely just more of the same old propaganda machine from Iran. Saddam did the same thing and it did not turn out to well for him in the end

[edit on 8/12/2010 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 8/12/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Wow, All anyone has to do is click on your name and review post after post on numerous threads and see your blatant and indignant replies to just about everyone you respond to. I say again you are nothing more than a TROLL.

Oh I get it. You are on of those ATSr's who labels everyone who disagrees w. them as a troll. Gee, haven't seen that before...

This is an exact description of you!....deny it all you want but like I said the proof is all there on your previous posts in other threads since you have become a member. With that said I will leave you to your constant trolling on this site. Last post on this thread...moving on now.

Trolls get banned. I've been here since '08. If you have a problem with my cynical, yet sound counter-arguments to your rants, you may label them as trolling, but you'd also be mistaken and ignorant.

When you're ready to get back on topic and educate yourself on the true nature of the Iran propaganda machine, I'd be happy to educate you.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
reply to post by silo13

Oh so the MSM as well is now unsourced garbage? This has been on just about every major news network, NPR and a host of others around the world. Iran does this every time they think they are going to be invaded as a propaganda ploy, it may not be new news in the world but it is how they do things (not the Iranian people mind you, I won't get trapped there, but the government over there) It's kind of like saying the United States did X, well most people are smart enough to know that it's not the general population that does X, and assumes it's the United States Government doing X. News headlines are made to be as short and catching as possible, and well Iran is a country, a soverigen nation, and if Iran does something, in this case X, well Iran did it, it does not follow that the population of Iran did it.

Little advice, step back from the hatred and the nastiness and take the time to read the nuances, not the headlines.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I wouldn't think (in my naivete) Iran's soldiers would be coming face to face (within burying distance) from US troupes at the get go, I'd be more inclined to believe a confrontation would be more a 'big gun' type action. Which leads me right back to my first two questions.

You are forgetting, there are US troops all around Iran, if any attack, Iran won't hesitate to target them, those troops will respond and try to enter Iranian territories, that is when face to face confrontation will start.

It is naive to think Iran won't target US bases in Afghanistan and Iraq due to an attack by the US against its sovereignty.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It is naive to think Iran won't target US bases in Afghanistan and Iraq due to an attack by the US against its sovereignty.

Sure, but, will the USA attack with ground forces to fill in all those 'holes' being dug. (How horrid is THAT thought too)!

Oh, since you brought up the subject I've got a question.

The US military base in Sicily Sigonella. Are you of the opinion Iran has the capability to 'hit' that far with long range weapons? (And I don't mean nukes)...

Just wondering if I should do a little more prep work on my bug-out-bag, like sewing a one-way ticket out of here in the lining!

Thanks!

peace

Edit = clarification

[edit on 12-8-2010 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join