It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Starchild Skull DNA Result..

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wheeliegal

Say what you like 'wheeliegal,' but nothing has changed. Pye's still got his hand out for more money and (gosh!), the *proof* is just around the corner....as usual.

One difference is the numbers he's after this time.

$7 million

Think big Lloyd and aim for the stars! You've got testicles the size of a VW Camper going for the big money like that

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheeliegal
Re the Star Child: Congrats to Lloyd, for sticking with it and going that extra mile to get proof. To those who are bagging him, let me state that there are 342 base pair sequence strands that are unlike anything known on this planet. That is a huge amount. If it were only 10 or 20, I might be saying the same thing, but with the dna testing that has been done, it proves that there is no similarity known.

It "proves" absolutely nothing, other than the fact that Pye's followers know little to nothing about DNA analysis.

There are over 2 BILLION base pairs in the human genome.

Why doesn't Pye tell us how many actually did match?

If you've been to his site, did you see the screen shot of his "results" he got from the lab stating "no match found" for that miniscule number of base pairs?

Did you read what it says in parentheses after that statement? It says "Click here to see why."

Why doesn't Pye show a screen shot of the page that link leads to?

I'll tell you why. Because his cash cow would dry up.

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

EXACTLY. Morons like this, praying on the ignorant that overly populate this subject is why we are never to be taken seriously. I was hoping back in the day that modern education would move this subject forward, but then then modern family came into place, ruining the ability of schools to teach like some of us were able to experience, and now we have idiots the believe the most tin-foil hat things ever. All the while allowing the real tin-foil hat things to hide in plain public.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Im going to try and remain on the fence until more research is done. This is one of the most interesting cases for extra terrestrial proof and im certinly going to be paying close attention to developments, nice post op.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Anyone know what was going on with the threads that were posted by someone recently that got deleted on this? I just saw one about 5 mins ago. He was talking about the Starchild being discussed on Coast to Coast or something, but I guess when he called the mods fascists it didn't help keep the thread around too much.

So is there any new news on this? And has Lloyd Pye got his $7 million yet? I'll guess he hasn't...

Will read this page later, does anyone with any knowledge of this area know of anything anything dodgy about what's being said on this page?

www.starchildproject.com...

Just so I can spare myself from reading it if there's no point.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I apologize if someone has already brought this up - I skipped to the end after reading the first two pages and had an epiphany of my own:

What about the chromosomes? If this "Starchild" was the product of an alien father and a human mother, surely the number of chromosomes would be different. Even in humans that positively have two human parents, we see the number of chromosomes differing from the norm with genetic abnormalities like Down's Syndrome. I would think that in a creature whose mtDNA is as different as is being claimed, then the chromosomes would also be affected in a MAJOR way.

***Three hours after writing the above bit***

After googling all night, and brushing up on my microbiology, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to determine the number of chromosomes that were present in this skull. I am leaning towards a totally terrestrial condition such as progeria or hydrocephaly to provide the explanation for the shape of this skull.

Thanks for the gray matter workout though. I'd forgotten how much I'd forgotten about microbiology since college.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

mtDNA can be differentiated from what people consider to be the normal human genome. If memory serves me correctly, it is a remnant of a endosymbiotic bacteria that contains genes essential to mitochondrial functions within a cell.

It does not recombine when a child is conceived, and is passed down the maternal line.

I'm not saying this is definetely real, but the science adds up.

To add: It is only made up of around 16,500 base pairs. So 800-1200 is an absolutely HUGE difference.

They have the science right, but I guess you have to question whether the data is actually real.
edit on 2-6-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

mtDNA has nothing to with nuclear DNA in our chromosomes. It is separate.

Which translates to: The mother was not human if this data is not actually fabricated.

I don't actually know much about this whole case, however the people need to send samples out to universities for independent analysis. Somehow I don't think this will happen as it is probably just made up data.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I apologize if someone has already brought this up - I skipped to the end after reading the first two pages and had an epiphany of my own:

What about the chromosomes? If this "Starchild" was the product of an alien father and a human mother, surely the number of chromosomes would be different. Even in humans that positively have two human parents, we see the number of chromosomes differing from the norm with genetic abnormalities like Down's Syndrome. I would think that in a creature whose mtDNA is as different as is being claimed, then the chromosomes would also be affected in a MAJOR way.

***Three hours after writing the above bit***

After googling all night, and brushing up on my microbiology, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to determine the number of chromosomes that were present in this skull. I am leaning towards a totally terrestrial condition such as progeria or hydrocephaly to provide the explanation for the shape of this skull.

Thanks for the gray matter workout though. I'd forgotten how much I'd forgotten about microbiology since college.

I read something on the Starchild web page about artificial insemination....the possiblity an earth woman was inseminated with alien sperm. It's just one theory....

Got this this morning...www.starchildproject.com...
edit on 2-6-2011 by skem64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
When was it established that Aliens have sperm? Or genitalia, for that matter?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by skem64

Incredibly unlikely for mtDNA.

It would almost definetely be a human male impregnating a female of a VERY different species.

Again, the data is probably just made up though, and there is no way to tell without completely independent analysis.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

The last analysis that Pye was willing to identify was by Dr David Sweet (a director of dentistry and expert witness in trials) way back somewhere in 1999 iirc. In those analyses, Sweet identified x and y chromosomes that showed the kid had human parents on both sides.

Isn't the rest just smoke and mirrors to keep the hoax going?

Pye has dismissed those findings and ranted about his persecution ever since. I recommend reading some of his articles around the web or watching his 'science is wrong' presentations in front of 20 old folk at retirement homes. It isn't simply his insistence that he's right about the skull (everyone else is 'exactly wrong'), it's his whole outlook on life that proves he's either a knowing fraudster or a man without any critical faculties.

If you watch his 'science is wrong,' he's read enough science to misinterpret to his advantage. This, to me, is further evidence that Pye is a knowing fraudster...deliberate and manipulative.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thats fair enough then, the data is fabricated by a known fraud.

I just wanted to make the point that there is a clear distinction between mtDNA and nuclear DNA (which is bundled into our chromosomes). I guess you could expect the Y chromosome to be quite human, but the X at least partically different if the mtDNA is meant to be so unique.

Having a 4.8 - 7.5 difference in mtDNA could not be explainable by anything close to what is considered normal, and by this I mean virtually impossible.

I realise that this is so close to definetely a hoax it is not funny, however mtDNA would be one of the best ways to prove an alien lineage (provided the 'alien' was the mother). These people have probably just consulted with a few who are educated in the field.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
When was it established that Aliens have sperm? Or genitalia, for that matter?

About 20 mins ago....ffs.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What is taking so long?

I watched an episode of Jeremy Kyle once (ONCE!) they did a DNA paternity test and had the results before the end of the show!

I know the police forensics can distinguish human DNA samples from known animals DNA, and it normally takes a few hours.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
`null`
edit on 3-6-2011 by Havick007 because: wrong thread

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
What is taking so long?

I watched an episode of Jeremy Kyle once (ONCE!) they did a DNA paternity test and had the results before the end of the show!

I know the police forensics can distinguish human DNA samples from known animals DNA, and it normally takes a few hours.

Good point!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Around April/May last year, I offered a bet with two ATS members that Pye would still be making empty promises and here we are. The bet originally went until Christmas 2010 and I offered an extension to July 2011.

One was for £50 and the other for a comedy avatar penalty. Neither took the bets...I wonder why?

You are right about the length of time it takes to get DNA tests done. The cryptozoologists manage to send off hairs of orang pendeks and 'skunk ape' spoor without problem. Paternity tests are done by mail-order and crooks are getting locked away 30 years after the crime for saliva on cigarette butts. We've analysed the genomes of species in the 20 years he's been hustling and here he is still.... 'waiting for the results' and 'give me your money.'

The core truth of this case is that the DNA tests are deflections and red-herrings. People are focused on the tests when they should focus on the skull being shown to be human in the 90s. It's a long-term hustle.

He'll still be doing it next year with a free pass from ATS!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
reply to post by Harte

mtDNA can be differentiated from what people consider to be the normal human genome. If memory serves me correctly, it is a remnant of a endosymbiotic bacteria that contains genes essential to mitochondrial functions within a cell.

It does not recombine when a child is conceived, and is passed down the maternal line.

I'm not saying this is definetely real, but the science adds up.

To add: It is only made up of around 16,500 base pairs. So 800-1200 is an absolutely HUGE difference.

They have the science right, but I guess you have to question whether the data is actually real.

The child's mother is known to be haplogroup C:

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD, a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes".[8] Further DNA testing at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, in 2003 recovered mitochondrial DNA from both skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.[1]

Source

Pye claims a lot of variation for his mtDNA sample from the child. However, it apparently wasn't enough to prevent identification of a common haplogroup.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I noticed a very interesting article in our local (Arizona) newspaper/online paper this morning about humans being bred with "other species" take a look.

The human family tree just got another -- mysterious -- branch, an African "sister species" to the heavy-browed Neanderthals who once roamed Europe.

While no fossilized bones have been found from these enigmatic people, they did leave a calling card in present-day Africans: snippets of foreign DNA.

There's only way one that genetic material could have made it into modern human populations.

"Geneticists like euphemisms, but we're talking about sex," said Joshua Akey of the University of Washington in Seattle, whose lab identified the foreign DNA in three groups of modern Africans.

These genetic leftovers do not resemble DNA from any modern-day humans. The foreign DNA also does not resemble Neanderthal DNA, which shows up in the DNA of some modern-day Europeans, Akey said. That means the newly identified DNA came from an unknown group.

"We're calling this a Neanderthal sibling species in Africa," Akey said. He added that the interbreeding likely occurred 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, long after some modern humans had walked out of Africa to colonize Asia and Europe, and around the same time Neanderthals were waning in Europe.

Akey said that present-day Europeans show no evidence of the foreign DNA, meaning the mystery people were likely confined to Africa.

www.azcentral.com... /20120726dna-links-humans-mystery-species.html

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join