It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking Warns Us, "Abandon The Earth" - But Beware of Contacting Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking, famed astrophysicist and author of "A Brief History of Time," warned that humanity's long-term survival depends on our doing one thing. We must abandon the Earth. But Stephen Hawking also said contact with aliens could get us killed.

you can read the full story here

news.gather.com...

I don't think he is telling us anything that we don't know but its but it is somewhat refreshing to have a man of his standing address the ET Issue,
What do you guys think?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In order to abandon the earth. First, we must have free energy. Other than that, we definitely stuck on earth until we give up all fossil fuels to free energy. There are many ideas of free energy since a century, but fossil fuel corporations keep them under lid to preserve their own profits. Nikola Tesla already invent free energy with wireless electronic transmission in air. That's true future and will make "Abandon The Earth" possible.

People need to wake up and focus on free energy. I am working on my own project using new kind of magnetic, it's neodymium magnets. If you do same as what I am working then we can make it happening. If you stay idle and enjoy the current obsolete, overrate, and overcharge fossil fuel energies, then you have no business to be exist on Earth.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hawking hasn't been relevant in 25 years.
Ask any big time physicist.

So, him saying that we need to abandon Terra really doesn't hold any more water than me saying that ants will take over the world and evolve into telepathic intelligent 4 foot tall creatures that worship an ant named Tebus.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe they can just use the spaceships they used when they evacuated Venus and came here ???

Just an idea !!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have to say he sounds more delusional then sane with these kind of comments.

Rather then abandoning Earth why don't we change our destructive ways, work towards fixing the problems we have created and make a globally conscious effort to live responsibly with the planet.

I love this place, leaving it to find dead rocks out in space isn't going to make my life any better... cleaning up the house however is definitely needed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't think its the point of contacting them, but its the point of the ignorant militaries of the world, "All the world", order their pilots to shoot them down, At All Means Necessary. Now that, is disturbing.

This also goes to show that our leaders think nothing of us when they damn well know the consequences of shooting at something far more advanced than us. However, will they be thinking of the people if the unknown does declare war on us for our hostility? Hell. No!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Abandon Earth and yet w/o any e.t. help. So he knows for sure Earth got them UK spaceships huh. Otherwise how do we abandon Earth w/ current technology... Im confused

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Maybe they can just use the spaceships they used when they evacuated Venus and came here ???

Just an idea !!!

Wow they, sooooooooo??? you know lol
. Why not use the Mars version they are most recent

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Since I was a boy I have believed that the risk of our ultimate self-destruction could be avoided if we colonized other planets.

Since then I have learned to understand the manipulation of our introduction here on Earth, and so the possibility is even greater now that there are others like us out there already.

The real scary part is that if we get our capacity to harm and our capacity to hate from them, then they could be worse than just a bad kid-brother or a rotten cousin. They might not be as forgiving and that is hard to say considering our race!

Maybe they were at war like some say. Maybe they killed themselves and we are their only hope! Without us they will be forgotten and lost to the Universe!

LOL, yeah right! I think we do need to colonize planets. Let the gardeners do the green planets, let the miners do the rocks, scientists can do the gaseous giants and then we all evolve into separate species. Of course there will be a Military planet too I guess!

Just drop me off at the nearest planet ruled by plants please! No insects thank you!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Just an idea !!!

Haha, Mars must be ready for it first, agriculture etc, that is why they will 'wait it out' here in the D.u.m.b's we payed for with Taxes...

Global warming is an Stall Tactic my man, they cant leave until Mars is close enough to the sun, but then Earth is too close, it will be too hot to be on the Surface...Mercury will get sucked into the sun,lol.. Cycle repeats it self.. There are new planets coming in, you have heard about them: Sedna, xena etc...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
whats the point the rich will abandon the earth a long time before aliens attack. i predict tickets will cost 100 million each, which is just a formality, since the rich and elite have no need for money. plus they will have to take a bunch of italians to build roads for them and lay bricks for their new palaces.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Just an idea !!!

Haha, Mars must be ready for it first, agriculture etc, that is why they will 'wait it out' here in the D.u.m.b's we payed for with Taxes...

Global warming is an Stall Tactic my man, they cant leave until Mars is close enough to the sun, but then Earth is too close, it will be too hot to be on the Surface...Mercury will get sucked into the sun,lol.. Cycle repeats it self.. There are new planets coming in, you have heard about them: Sedna, xena etc...

Interesting view my friend and dont forget about CERES found in the asteriod belt lol.... Sounds simulated old planets destroyed new formed with the same ole elites.... The irony, UNLESS THERE IS DIVINE INTERVENTION.
PEACE

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have just a few on topic questions. he is 68 years old right. what happens when a leading scientist goes senile? does he start to contradict himself evacuate the planet but stay away from aliens.... is someone checking his meds?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No divinity my friend, all untrue...Part of the Control agenda..
You will see it soon, just dont believe it !

Maybe Hawkins has flipped and the ancients just wrote 'fiction' out of boredom, or are there something to it ?

The firs known God, in the hopi tales is from about maybe 22-26.000 years ago, Creator God Tiowa, he 'supposedly' came down from the sky. Hmmm.. Dosnt sound right does it now !
Unless.......

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for the replies.. many interesting points.

Well what he says is we should leave in the next 200 yrs if we wish to survive as a species (it is in the article linked).

I don't know that what he has to say is irrelevant. If you look at the history of scientists, they have always been a bitchy lot amongst themselves. His Black Hole theory has put a lot of scientists noses out of joint. They don't like his arrogance. Don't forget they used to ridicule Sir Issac Newton back in the day.,

It makes sense to me that should they exist, we should NOT contact any Alien race. I think it is tantamount to opening Pandora's box. Like Astronauts have said "If they wished us harm we would already be dead" or words to that effect. I honestly think we have nothing of value to them.

Whilst all very nice and PC. it is a bit naive to say that we need to learn how to live on this planet together in Peace and learn how to use the resources with respect to the mother earth. We have proved that we, as a race cannot. It is impossible, I agree with Hawkins we need to move on to survive.

nowhere has he said we should "evacuate" the planet, No doubt in my mind that there will be those that leave and the majority will stay.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This world ain't all bad if you can't live on this planet in cohesion then, chances are you cant find what your looking for in space...But to each his own if this guy and others want to go in space, OK whatever have fun, for some it is just what they need...It's funny how some people want to get off this planet...but when you read about these supposed aliens, some of them want to get on the planet...Some even going so far as disabling all functions in the hopes of getting shot down and dieing, so they can be reincarnated on earth, or so it looks like, dam illegal aliens always crossing borders for the weirdest of reasons...If it's true then not only is it a crazy world out there, but also a crazy universe out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I used to think that Hawkings was a smart man, after all he got a robot to speak for him, but nevermind that .

I think that yes we should leave Earth but not in a mass exodus kind of way, yes we should start to colonise other planets, but there lies the problem , at present we are too violent toward ourselves and the other inhabitants of this planet , let alone any others we head out and meet .
We WILL need to change our ways before even thinking about leaving our world, we fight over trivial things, like money ( with is a made up imaginary form of control), we fight over oil ( a great way of ensuring that we not only poison ourselves but the planet we live on as well), we fight over religeon ( we have ours and any intelligent life we encounter may have theirs, are we going to change them? or them us?), we kill ourselves over the smallest things , a look, a word, a fish and chip supper , how mature is that?

We need as a race to put aside things that devide us, religeon, political beliefs, personal issues such as homophobia, race and sex and treat each other with respect and understanding and tolerance, maybe when we realise that we've been childish, then we can start to think about leaving our homeworld.

If we the people allow the military to run things as they and the banks do then we will have no hope of getting offworld, we are too settled in our kill or be killed attitude fighting over scraps that this world is rapidly running out of, which in my humble opinion is why we are now fighting yet another RELIGEOUS war, sure its labelled 'war on terrorism' but really look at the big picture of it, after all the MSM ALWAYS bleat on about ISLAMIC this and ISLAMIC that, they never say what these 'terrorists' are really fighting about do they? sure some of you will say 'they hate our way of life', but then again you wouldn't defend their way of life would you?, its what their used to and your used to what you are so what are the wars really about?. IMO scraps.

As for life out amongst the stars ( after we've matured anough to stop bickering between ourselves and actuallly work together to make a better world for the generations that follow ours), we will find that they are probably much the same as us, there will be good ones, bad ones and those that couldn't give a rats nuts about us, which is pretty much the same as we are now, all we could do is find out about them and if they don't want to talk to us then fine we'll leave them alone, only they have at least utilised the technology they have made to get off the ground so to speak, you really should be treating others as you would wish to be treated , the military should be defending us as a whole not running our lives as they do seeing as we are too lazy to do it ourselves, we let others dictate to us how we live ( in our best interests of course).
The good ones would want us to learn about ourselves, our universe and everything else, the bad ones would probably end up having to deal with the military after all thats what their there for isn't it? to defend us?. and the nonplussed as I said earlier , don't want to talk to us?, fine you go your way , we'll go ours, bye.

Non Terrans may be more scared of us at present that we are of them, but if it ever came down to a firefight in our present stage we wouldn't have a chance , so we need to realise we are not the end all and be all of existance, we are not the centre of the universe and our God may not be greater than theirs.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

That article was almost the definition of 'dumbed down'.

The idiot author even thought that Hawking means we should colonize some hypothetical planet orbiting Alpha Centauri.

I wonder what part of 'learn to live in space' he didn't understand.

reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Rather then abandoning Earth why don't we change our destructive ways, work towards fixing the problems we have created and make a globally conscious effort to live responsibly with the planet.

Yes, why don't we? It would be so easy...

You must be very young, or else not get out much.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It's well and good to determine and change our destructive ways and continue on this planet. Then mankind will be poised for an Utopia to be realized, achieveable and not some pipe dream where no one will be left behind, if we each and everyone of us truly do our best for each other.

Unfortunately, our planet may not be as stable a platform to live, as you look around you today. The rich had tried to make a buck out of it by blaming humans for causing all this destructions, but if you studied history, you will realize that such earth changes are only natural, and a certain percentage of precious humanity perishes with such planetary convulsions.

Earth is not the centre of the Universe, and it moves along with our solar system into galaxies and collide with their trajector, sometimes with solids or at times with energy masses that may help or harm us.

Only the courage and perserverance of our ancestors had kept us alive for so long, as well as divine mercy and help. Today, we have the technology means to leapfrog and build upon what we know, to take to the stars, and spread out the chances for human survival.

Even if we do not have the technology, or the funds or time to terraform planets, we are still capable of building space stations to house a significant population of humanity, performing economic roles to self sustain such habitats as we progress along the tech and evolutionary path to reach the stars.

Hawkins does represent establishment scientific fields, regardless one likes it or not. The time has come for mankind to take such considered perceptions seriously and make the necessary changes for evolution.

Stop the dividing and conquer tactics, greed and apathy, and we will all progress, if not for ourselves, it will be for the next comming generations. They are innocent and deserve better than the havoc we had created through our selfishness and apathy this generation.....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
.... is someone checking his meds?

He obviously isn't taking many.

If he was, his advice would be "do well in school, get a good job, buy a house and new car..." etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join