It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Giant lake of heavy crude under the Gulf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is this report by recently deceased Matt Simmons correct?

www.zerohedge.com...

Is almost everything we have been told about the current ongoing Gulf of Mexico oil spill a huge distortion of the real picture?

Did the Thomas Jefferson Research Vessel find such a leak? I can't find any other news sources on the subject, and Matt Simmons is now mysteriously dead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We know that the Thomas Jefferson Research Vessel is currently out in the Gulf looking at the situation.

www.sciencedaily.com...

I didn't find any other articles on reports coming from the Thomas Jefferson Research Vessel.

Are there two wells leaking into the Gulf, or just one? There has been many reports of secondary leaks, and confirmed reports of leaks at other sites. I'm not seeing much news from mainstream media on the current situation. One of the questions that still hangs is what happened to the oil?

www.csmonitor.com...

Since BP capped the renegade Macondo well at the center of the Gulf oil disaster 12 days ago, the oil slick has shrunk to about 10,000 square miles from 80,000 square miles in just a matter of weeks.

The reduction has amazed scientists who are tracking the spill and raised many questions about where all the oil has gone. An 800-vessel skimming fleet that weeks ago pulled in 25,000 barrels of oil a day could barely find 50 barrels a day late last week. That means much of the up to 3 million barrels suspected to be remaining in the Gulf has largely gone off the radar.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You bet it's a distortion....no....better word...LIES. Almost everything BP has said is a direct contradiction of what we see on the feeds. I don't know if there are underground lakes of oil....but there is oil down there in the form of plumes. Lots of it are in the sand on the coast of Louisiana....I can't speak for other states, but here, if you take a shovel and take one shovel full of sand, you'll see oil. People are saying they saw trucks with sand dumping sand over the oil to cover it up......
I honestly don't believe anything that comes from BP anymore. They have shown time and again that they are willing to risk people's lives to save a few bucks. Corporate greed at it's finest....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What I wonder is what is going to happen if a hurricane comes through.

Is the report on this huge underwater lake of oil true, and why aren't any major media outlets reporting this?

Funny how this whole thing has suddenly went away.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well a LOT of the things you read online are bogus...and honestly I don't know about this, but I'll see what I can find out. If a hurricane comes, it's going to be a mess because whatever oil is there, will be pushed by the storm surge further inland, not to mention the dispersant they used to break up the oil, which is very toxic. I'm on edge because of all the uncertainty....they won't tell us anything so we are just left to sort it out ourselves....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The latest statements/assertions made by the US government are false.

www.tampabay.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dornberger
reply to post by poet1b

The latest statements/assertions made by the US government are false.

www.tampabay.com...

I'm getting real sick of their lies. It's just too much.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't know if this is what you are looking for or if. it will help. I believe it is relevent.

______beforeitsnews/story/128/672/Special_Post.html

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Yule C Mann

Interesting article, I didn't find any major news releases to back up the claims, but I did find this interesting article.

www.redandblack.com...

how much oil is still in the Gulf?

Between 70 and 79 percent, according to members of the University’s Sea Grant program.

He said the loop current, which would take oil up the east coast, was still blocked by another current, so oil coming to the Georgia coast does not seem likely at this point in time.

So what this article is stating goes along with the article you provided that states that the gulf stream isn't mixing with the Atlantic Current.

The theory in the article you provided does seem sound.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Who knows what is down there. I think this relief well is just a new well so they can continue on.

I tell you I will not buy ANY seafood for years .

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Seems to be the effort, the news about remaining oil is being ignored, while mainstream media seems aimed at now restoring BP's public image.

And there remains little to no talk about the vast numbers of options to oil drilling.

new topics

top topics

join