It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash - Rep. Sen. Ted Stevens & former NASA Administrator, Okeefe on board?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It couldn't possibly be that two men, who may have known each other...they were, respectively a Senator and a NASA administrator, they probably met more than once. ...and may have been, oh I don't know, friends? Maybe? This time of year in Alaska, the fishing is great.

Nope, it's a nefarious purpose...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's now believed 5 of the 9 on board are dead. This reporting is coming from MSM and US: Officials.

Best source I could find (so far): www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sorry if someone had already mentioned this but looking through the thread I only noticed the confirmation of Stevens being dead/NASA offical believed to be okay.

EDIT: Another (possibly better) source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by changetheworld]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Plane crashes are always suspect.

Especially when EX politicians and NASA people are involved.

But then again, this is a conspiracy theory website, so just traveling together is suspect. haha.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
when someone says it can't be then that is the time to look at the possibillities...

HAARP can affect aircraft.

What about aircraft?
While the signals along the ground are well-below adopted safety levels, the signals transmitted above the antenna array may have sufficient strength to interfere with electronic equipment in aircraft flying nearby. Therefore, to ensure the safety of all flight operations in the vicinity of HAARP, the facility employs an aircraft alert radar (AAR) to automatically shut off appropriate transmissions when aircraft are detected either within or approaching a defined safety zone around the facility. Flight tests are conducted regularly to demonstrate the capability of the HAARP radar to detect even very small targets. Research operations are not conducted unless the AAR is operating satisfactorily.

haarp fact Sheet

people who try to to absolutely shout others down by BS and thinking they have absolute knowledge....annoying

look at all possibilities...not saying that it did bring the plane down...but it is possible.

there are always things being developed...things developed by military are 30yrs advanced to what we actually see.(at LEAST).

Also there is so much supressed technology out there.

[edit on 023131p://f30Tuesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Stevens is confirmed dead. Have not heard any word on O'keefe...

It appears that so important people die in plane crashes...they should take a page from Madden and get their own bus...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

...yes, and don't forget heart attacks, that's also another one of their widely used assassination tactics.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
It couldn't possibly be that two men, who may have known each other...they were, respectively a Senator and a NASA administrator, they probably met more than once. ...and may have been, oh I don't know, friends? Maybe? This time of year in Alaska, the fishing is great.

That's crazy...Grown men don't go on getaways to remote lodges.

Who is reporting they were friends anyways?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

...yes, and don't forget heart attacks, that's also another one of their widely used assassination tactics.

Right...because it's not the leading cause of death for men & women.

1.5 million heart attacks occur in the United States each year with 500,000 deaths.

A heart attack occurs about every 20 seconds with a heart attack death about every minute.

Guess what? Public figures are mortals as well.

Add to that the fact that they also fly MUCH more often than the general population and the risk of a fatal crash are greatly increased.

If you say a heart attack or plane crash was an assassination, you need better evidence than "There's absolutely no evidence for assassination...which PROVES it was an assassination."

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Don't know that they were...*shrug*. Don't know that they weren't...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

????

I don't think you understand...or else, you have a terrible misconception about airplanes. Especially the type of airplane involved in this accident, like the Otter.

HAARP's transmissions, even if they have a slight effect on electronic equipment, mean nothing at all to that type of airplane.

At the most (and even this is doubtful) it might, just might (I don't know, 'cuz really I haven't looked it up) affect the VOR receivers onboard, and that's about the extent of it. BUT, that's only if the HAARP trans missions are in the VHF frequency range....aviation frequencies begin at the top of the FM radio range, at 108.0 MHz.

Navigation (the VORs and VOR/TACs) operate in the range of 108.0 - 117.95 MHz. Voice and data communications start at 118.0 and go up to 136.0 MHz, tops.

ILS/Localizer installations transmit the lateral signal in the range 108.1 to 111.95. (Localizers only on the odd-numbered decimals). For the glideslope component of the ILS, it transmits in UHF, from 329.3 to 335.0 MHz.

Now....bush flying (especially if it was a floatplane) isn't going to involve any localizer or ILS approaches usually.

IF the VOR signal was compromised? Well....either the pilot didn't check his NOTAMs, or he was just going "by the seat of his pants" (as many, many up in the 'bush' tend to do).

"Pilotage" is the term for flying with only references to charts (maps) and visually with the ground. The majority of bush flying is like that...and the "rules" are generally disobeyed with abandon.....

The investigation will bring all of the details out....but, HAARP?? Silly, silly idea....not even possible, in this instance.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

So why, exactly, are there lodges? Are there a lot of teenagers going out to remote lodges? Is this a youth trend that I've missed?

Grown men don't go on fishing trips? Someone better tell my 70-year-old father and his friends, because they're apparently imagining all those fishing vacations over the years.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

"...Grown men don't go on getaways to remote lodges. "

Are you serious ?

That has to be the craziest thing I have read on here today .

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by 1curious1

A heck of a lot of remote areas in Alaska are only accessible by "bush"-type flying....the airplane involved is commonly called an "Otter".

(Not to be confused with the Twin Otter, the DHC-6)

That kind of airplane typically has only one pilot needed, since it holds only 9-10 pax.

Usually, for the bush remote flying, it is on floats as well....the Stevens and O'Keefe are long time fishing buddies....this is likely nothing other than a tragic accident.

See the movie (forget the title) with Harrison Ford/Anne Heche, same type airplane in that, I believe...they crash, marooned in remote Alaska, I think....been a while since I've seen it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Six Days, Seven Nights is the title...crash in the South Pacific, not Alaska...but, that's Hollywood for ya...actually filmed in Hawai'i. And, they used a Beaver, an Otter's little brother....

I think you are referring to the movie "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. That one took place in Alaska.

This actually is a very fantastic movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by Come Clean

So why, exactly, are there lodges? Are there a lot of teenagers going out to remote lodges? Is this a youth trend that I've missed?

Grown men don't go on fishing trips? Someone better tell my 70-year-old father and his friends, because they're apparently imagining all those fishing vacations over the years.

Is there a way for you to verify that your father does that? That he goes to remote lodges with his friends to fish? I knew someone would say that because it can't be proved. Thus it's irrelevant to the conversation.

Grown men do not go to remote locations to fish. Fathers take son's to remote locations to fish. Men don't take other men to remote locations to fish. I don't know what they were doing but I'm willing to bet it had nothing to do with fishing. Maybe they were going to fish but that was definitely not the reason for the trip. WHY? Because grown men don't go to remote lodges to just fish. And I'm not casting aspersions as to any other reason.

What I'm saying is they were probably up to no good. That's why they needed a remote location.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
FoxNews is talking about this, confirming Sen. Stevens was killed. They are reporting that Okeefe and his son are survivors, but they are trying to double confirmation on that. Apparently the plane hit the side of a mountain about 1k feet up.

This wasnt Stevens first brush with death. Back in the late 70's he was involved in another plane crash that took his wife life (the airoport they were flying into was named after her).

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Gotta say that I usually rely on my gut feelings when it comes to initial reports that could mean something fishy and my gut is telling me that this is exactly what it appears to be...same with Matt Simmons. IMO, they are totally unrelated and neither was under questionable circumstances.

In this case we have two guys who fish a lot together die in a plane crash in Alaska. Alaska is rugged, the weather wasn't good, and those planes are death traps imo.

In the other case we have 67-or-so-year-old guy in a HOT tub die from a heart attack.

I think both are perfectly understandable and don't seem fishy at all. Maybe politicians are like celebrities. They die in three's.
We already have our three, unless you count Stevens/O'keefe as one.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"O'Keefe left NASA in 2005 to become chancellor of Louisiana State University. He is now the CEO of defense contractor EADS North America and oversees the bid for the hotly contested Air Force refueling jet contract.

The contract competition, which pits EADS against rival plane maker Boeing Co., is for a piece of what could eventually be $100 billion worth of work replacing the military's fleet of aging tankers."

Hmmmmm... FUELING contract, you don't say!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who is reporting any of these people were friends? Sounds like a business trip to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Gotta say that I usually rely on my gut feelings when it comes to initial reports that could mean something fishy and my gut is telling me that this is exactly what it appears to be...same with Matt Simmons. IMO, they are totally unrelated and neither was under questionable circumstances.

In this case we have two guys who fish a lot together die in a plane crash in Alaska. Alaska is rugged, the weather wasn't good, and those planes are death traps imo.

In the other case we have 67-or-so-year-old guy in a HOT tub die from a heart attack.

I think both are perfectly understandable and don't seem fishy at all. Maybe politicians are like celebrities. They die in three's.
We already have our three, unless you count Stevens/O'keefe as one.

Its looking like Okeefe and his son survived the crash. This is being reported by Fox and CNN now.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Really?

Grown men don't take other men to fishing lodges to go fishing? Really?

Honestly, I thought you were kidding when you said that, that's why I didn't respond...

So all those lodges, not just in Alaska but everywhere, are what? Figments of overwrought imaginations? Standing empty all the time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join