It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash - Rep. Sen. Ted Stevens & former NASA Administrator, Okeefe on board?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Plane Crash - Rep. Sen. Ted Stevens & former NASA Administrator, Okeefe on board?

hosted.ap.org

E-Mail | Print | Save | Post | Get Photos | Get Reprints | Reuse Options

Aug 10, 10:26 AM EDT

Official: Stevens believed aboard crashed airplane

By BECKY BOHRER
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/W. Castello

Advertisement

Interactives
Coast Guard Steps Up Arctic Patrols
High Prices in Alaska
Elusive Mount McKinley
Marine Debris
Unruly Anchorage Becoming Tamer
Alaska Territorial Guard Honored

Bringing Home the Bacon: A State-by-State Comparison

---------------------------------------------------------
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
With the recent death of the Oil Guy, Matt Simmons, and now a small plane crash with a Senator and a former NASA Administrator on board... I smell something FISHY!!!

It has not yet been confirmed that these two were on board, but it is believe that they, along with 6 other people were on the plane.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Stevens?

Oh ok. No harm done.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Very weird indeed, but weather was bad in the area. I am sure some people can and will delve deeper into this...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Whoa.... those are high people of importance...

and they're saying things like

"I can't go beyond, 'We're responding to a plane crash,'" she said.

Stevens, a moderate Republican, was appointed to the Senate in 1968 and served longer than any other Republican in history. He directed billions of dollars to Alaska over the years.

But one of his projects - infamously known as the "Bridge to Nowhere" - became a symbol of pork-barrel spending in Congress and a target of taxpayer groups who challenged a $450 million appropriation for bridge construction in Ketchikan.

this reminds me of the movie 2012,

were some politicians thought it was important to tell the people of impending doom and they themselves were killed by our government to prevent the truth from coming out.

This is very odd indeed

Fox

[edit on 8/10/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I always get a little curious when a number of high profile people start dropping like flies in a cluster. Don't forget, it wasn't too long ago that a load of Polish politicians also happened to die in a plane crash. Any other ranking politicos died in the past year or so? Maybe someone could see a pattern or link?

Obviously I'm not saying that any of these deaths were anything other than accidents or natural causes, because frankly, there's no evidence to the contrary and in this case, not even evidence that these people were aboard.

But, it does kinda make you go, Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There was a climate scientist last month also. Here are a couple of links to those who may be interested.

PASSIONATE climate scientist Stephen Schneider has died while flying to London from a meeting in Stockholm, apparently from a heart attack.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

De mortuis nil nisi bonum? Yeah, yeah, whatever.

But why, pray, should one even try to find anything nice to say about the man who, more perhaps than any other, was responsible for steering the already pretty nebulous field of “climate science” into a branch of political activism so extreme that it might just as well have rechristened itself “climate Leninism”?

Yes, I’m talking about Stephen Schneider.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
According to FOX News, he was on board and there was bad weather. I'm not so sure that this was a conspiracy, as it is Alaska and the weather was bad, however nothing really surprises me anymore.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A heck of a lot of remote areas in Alaska are only accessible by "bush"-type flying....the airplane involved is commonly called an "Otter".

(Not to be confused with the Twin Otter, the DHC-6)

That kind of airplane typically has only one pilot needed, since it holds only 9-10 pax.

Usually, for the bush remote flying, it is on floats as well....the Stevens and O'Keefe are long time fishing buddies....this is likely nothing other than a tragic accident.

See the movie (forget the title) with Harrison Ford/Anne Heche, same type airplane in that, I believe...they crash, marooned in remote Alaska, I think....been a while since I've seen it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Six Days, Seven Nights is the title...crash in the South Pacific, not Alaska...but, that's Hollywood for ya...actually filmed in Hawai'i. And, they used a Beaver, an Otter's little brother....

[edit on 10 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Now here is where the plot thickens.......

Whistleblower Claims That BP Was Aware Of Cheating On Blowout Preventer Tests

Source

The 48-year-old veteran oil worker claims that in the oil industry, particularly at BP, "the culture is basically safety procedures are shoved down your throat and then they look the other way when it's convenient for them." He claims that oil operators often wouldn't report spills and that when he spilled chemical fluid in 2003, he was told by his superiors not to report it. Mason, who now runs a small operation hauling freight in the Alaskan bush and owns guest cabins, says he was fired by a drilling company in 2006 after he wrote a letter to the editor of the Anchorage Daily News to condemn the firm for incorporating overseas and thereby avoiding taxes. Mason and another oil worker provided sworn statements in a 2003 lawsuit that rig supervisors "routinely falsified reports to show equipment designed to prevent blowouts was passing state-mandated performance tests," reported the Wall Street Journal in 2005. Mason was interviewed by the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in 2005 during a probe into allegations that Nabors Drilling, a subcontractor to BP, falsified such tests, among other claims that BP failed to report blowouts at the massive Prudhoe Bay oil field.

The probe was spurred by oil industry critic Charles Hamel, who forwarded his allegation to then-Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska.

So two potential threats to BP suddenly die in consecutive days. This is better than a Tom Clancy novel.

...and let's not forget the two fishing captains on clean-up crews who allegedly committed suicide a little over a month ago.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by OnTheFelt]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ted Steven's committee assignments:

Committees

* Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)
* Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
* Senate Committee on Appropriations
* Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Science
* Subcommittee on Defense - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)
* Subcommittee on Homeland Security
* Subcommittee on Interior and Related Agencies
* Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education
* Subcommittee on Transportation, Treasury, Judiciary, Housing and Urban Development
* Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
* Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information and International Security
* Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, the Federal Workforce, and the District of Columbia
* Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery - Ranking Member (Has temporarily stepped down due to his indictment)

Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)

* Joint Committee on the Library of Congress
* Senate Committee on Appropriations
* Subcommittee on Commerce Justice and Science
* Subcommittee on Defense - Chair
* Subcommittee on Homeland Security
* Subcommittee on Interior
* Subcommittee on Labor Health and Human Services Education and Related Agencies
* Subcommittee on Transportation Treasury the Judiciary and Housing and Urban Development
* Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation - Chair
* Subcommittee on Aviation
* Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs Product Safety and Insurance
* Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction
* Subcommittee on Fisheries and the Coast Guard
* Subcommittee on Global Climate Change
* Subcommittee on National Ocean Policy Study
* Subcommittee on Science and Space
* Subcommittee on Technology Innovation and Competitiveness
* Subcommittee on Trade Tourism and Economic Development
* Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine
* Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs
* Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
* Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management the Federal Workforce and the District of Columbia
* Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management Government Information and International Security
* Senate Committee on Rules and Administration

www.opencongress.org...

[edit on 8/10/2010 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Hmmm? Alaska eh? Bad weather eh?

Possibly HAARP related???

Or was it brought down by an Al Qaeda Terrorist P(i)lot???

Personal Disclosure: But my Occams razor is going to have to go with pilot error in flying a small single engine aircraft into a storm and the natural elements such as rough terrain and low/poor visibility and violent wind gusts, not to mention lightning and or hail etc! Sometimes even famous people just have accidenst and die! I'm horribly reminded about Rally Driver Colin McRae who died in a helicopter accident in September 2007 which also claimed the lives of his son and two family friends.

edited (i) fail! soz :shk:

[edit on 10-8-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The internet did it in retaliation for saying that the internet was a series of tubes.

Series of tubes that, #er.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Oh man ... juicy. You know it's true -- if this was a novel, everyone would know something was up. But because it isn't a novel ... clearly, this is another accident.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I just saw it on the news. That's terrible. The gov't has been trying to lay off a lot of NASA workers but stretched the time period to one year b/c of disputes and here is Mr. Nasa Administrator in a plane crash. The gov't always opts for suicide, murder, or a crash of some sort.

Edit to add: I love your picture by the way.

[edit on 8/10/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
According to FOX News, he was on board and there was bad weather. I'm not so sure that this was a conspiracy, as it is Alaska and the weather was bad, however nothing really surprises me anymore.

--airspoon

Right go ahead and blame the Eskimo's better yet the Canadians, oh wait, let get haarp in on this one...!

Nahh..im only joshing, its cool with me, just had a slight attempt at humor, obviously its not my strong point, but hey, i do try.

Back to topic:

If the bad weather issue is real, then sadly it looks like a case of bad weather/master alarm. In any case, its always a loss when a life(s) are lost for no reason regardless of, if they deserved it or not.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Stevens?

Oh ok. No harm done.

Dear God!

Are you deaf? I specifically said Barack Obama...NOT Ted Stevens.

No Obama? Please check under "Soetoro".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Lot's of conflicting reports coming in. CNN has up on thier website that 5 people died. This morning on Alaska News radio they stated that two people had died.

Regardless, I'll lay you two to one that the pilot overloaded the plane. That is typically the problem up here. A group of guys get together and want to do a trip. They all bring as much gear as they can from Cabellas and try and fit it into a plane. Herein lies the problem. The pilot is persuaded to make the flight happen because everyone wants to travel together and vacation time is limited or he's been talking smack and his ego gets in the way, "No problem guys we can make it", trying to impress his clients. Ooops bad weather, too heavy..Crash and burn. Can you imagine the peer pressure Ted Stevens brings with him in a situation like this? Buddies-fishing-ego-and to much gear = Recipe for disaster.

Being a funeral director in this amazing state I've dealt with half a dozen plane crashes and typically it's for one of two reasons. Overloaded plane, or egotistical pilot from down south that thinks he's the red baron. Oh yeah, weather and bird strikes claim their fair share as well.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by The Undertaker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Whoa.... those are high people of importance...

Yes, a FORMER senator and a FORMER administrator of NASA.

Man, those are incredibly powerful and influential people.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Ted Steven's committee assignments:

Since he lost his re-election bid in 2008, I don't think they let him keep his committee posts. Letting former senators stay in their current positions for 2 years is not something Congress is known for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join