It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CME heading our way with significant Earth-directed component

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
"INCOMING CME: The solar eruption of August 7th might affect Earth after all. Newly-arriving data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) show a CME heading our way with a significant Earth-directed component."

For image and more info: spaceweather.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So the CME from August 7th seems to be heading more in our direction than orginally thought. Does anyone here know of the best sites to keep you updated on this? Space Weather will probably not update it's page until later today and it would be good to know whether this CME is going to arrive today or tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

tonight its going to hit, look for it at high elevations

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I posted this info last nite on a thread I started re solar flares. It went by the way side, no one even looked at it. Hope you get more response. I know we shouldn't expect much from this but it was an M Flare and the CME is directed toward earth. We might feel some GPS, cell phone, radio interferece - we shall see.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I thought it was suppose to hit today - my boyfriend is a Ham operator, I can let you know how it goes with that. Wonder where we can expect a nice light show?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm in Tassie and living in hope

I saw the pics taken from Antartica from a few days ago.

I would love to see them again, have seen them once before at Arthurs Lake. Laid on the ground in the bush and watched in awe.

Anyway, just like last time, it is cloudy, raining and visibility is nil.

The east coast has had 24mm of rain in the last 6 hours and that is heaps for here.

Maybe next time

MM

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All posts about CME's are good ! no matter how many times posted... This is one of the biggest threats to the electronic human race which underplayed by all governments... not a matter of if its when !!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.solarcycle24.com... is the best I've found. Very thorough.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
could this CME be linked to the sattelite-TV screwup?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It talks about many owners of sattelite TV only receiving foreign languages... supossedly the normal broadcasting is messed up pretty good...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Where is Page she will set this thread straight.She seems very knowledgeable about such topics.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. Also thank you to the person who gave a link to a good site. I'm going to check that out now and find out the latest.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is the latest news on the website The_Non_Era sent:

"Geophysical Activity Forecast: Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be at unsettled to active levels on day 1 (10 August) due to the expected arrival of the CME observed on SOHO EIT on 07 August. This CME was associated with the M1/2f flare at 07/1824Z. Quiet to unsettled levels are expected on day two (11 August) due to the expected arrival of a recurrent coronal hole high-speed stream. Quiet levels are expected on day three (12 August)."

www.solarcycle24.com...

Thanks again to The_Non_Era for that link

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It certainly looks possible that it could be connected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Originally posted by faceoff85
could this CME be linked to the sattelite-TV screwup?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It talks about many owners of sattelite TV only receiving foreign languages... supossedly the normal broadcasting is messed up pretty good...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks crazydaisy, please let me know how he gets on. I agree this is a subject that is quite important for people to follow, even though this CME might not be that strong, it's good to be aware of the effects

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I thought it was suppose to hit today - my boyfriend is a Ham operator, I can let you know how it goes with that. Wonder where we can expect a nice light show?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Solar wind speed has been increasing for a while and the density may be on the rise. Bz is maintaining a northward orientation.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

We might start to see some action soon but the magnetometers aren't too excited yet. If the density kicks up and the Bz switches that will change.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

top topics

join